Author Topic: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United  (Read 179608 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United
« Reply #1190 on: April 20, 2020, 05:54:00 AM »
I'll check it!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SleeperAwake

« Reply #1191 on: April 20, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »
Andi has the biggest fucking nads in metal.
He has to make up for Weiki only having one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1192 on: April 22, 2020, 11:19:09 PM »
Andi has the biggest fucking nads in metal.
He has to make up for Weiki only having one.

Wow, that's a good one.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Mladen

« Reply #1193 on: April 23, 2020, 05:43:51 AM »
Is that some sort of reference I'm not getting?  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1194 on: April 23, 2020, 02:46:43 PM »

I believe it's an attack on his character.  Most notably firing Roland and Uli by email, plus other things. That's my take on it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1195 on: April 23, 2020, 03:39:58 PM »
Speaking of Uli, am I the only one who enjoyed his extremely short-lived and super-not-popular-at-all project Ride the Sky? Their debut (only record) New Protection released in '07. Not even remotely like Helloween but has several songs I love to this day on it, and his drums sound great.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1196 on: April 23, 2020, 05:00:03 PM »
Speaking of Uli, am I the only one who enjoyed his extremely short-lived and super-not-popular-at-all project Ride the Sky? Their debut (only record) New Protection released in '07. Not even remotely like Helloween but has several songs I love to this day on it, and his drums sound great.

Never heard of it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1197 on: April 23, 2020, 05:58:07 PM »

I believe it's an attack on his character.  Most notably firing Roland and Uli by email, plus other things. That's my take on it.

Nah.........Weiki did actually lose a "ball" at some point - can't remember the gory details but I do recall reading it somewhere. 

You just made it worse by saying "that's a good ONE"   :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1198 on: April 23, 2020, 05:59:58 PM »

Nah.........Weiki did actually lose a "ball" at some point - can't remember the gory details but I do recall reading it somewhere. 

You just made it worse by saying "that's a good ONE"   :biggrin:

Oh really?!  :lol  I was way off then.  Was reading way more into the comment haha.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1199 on: April 23, 2020, 06:06:41 PM »

Yeah, it's not a bad listen.  The title track is amazing though and head and shoulders the best song on the album. Have used that song a couple of times in roulettes.  I love that tune.

The reason for the band only having one album and being shortlived was pretty up front too;

On April 22, 2008 the band stated in their blog on MySpace that they have officially broken up,[4] saying "There was not much media focus and together with a minor support from the record company, we came to the point where it was just not worth the work to even try to complete a second album."

Offline SleeperAwake

« Reply #1200 on: April 25, 2020, 02:36:41 AM »
Yes, I was watching an interview with Weiki and he casually mentioned - mid-sentence, while talking about something else - that he'd lost a testicle at one point. I was somewhat baffled / slighty impressed that the interviewer didn't have any follow up questions regarding that piece of information.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1201 on: April 25, 2020, 04:29:55 AM »
Yes, I was watching an interview with Weiki and he casually mentioned - mid-sentence, while talking about something else - that he'd lost a testicle at one point. I was somewhat baffled / slighty impressed that the interviewer didn't have any follow up questions regarding that piece of information.

Good on him for putting the info out there for no reason at all lol.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1202 on: April 25, 2020, 04:46:15 AM »
I'm going to assume it was some weird joke, because I'd rather not google "michael weikath testicke" to check.  :lol
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1203 on: April 25, 2020, 09:54:06 AM »
Been on a Helloween binge lately. Wall of Jericho in particular has been getting some spins, after I finally took the time to properly process and recognize that modern editions of the album are literally just the debut EP plus the album itself, rather than vice-versa or whatever. :lol

Gotta say, Kai Hansen sounds like a beast on Jericho. That album sounds like a hybrid between Ride the Lightning era Metallica and 80's era Judas Priest in the best way possible. :metal

And man, it's been a trip to revisit Gambling with the Devil again after all these years. Holds up super well IMO.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1204 on: April 25, 2020, 09:55:03 AM »
And man, it's been a trip to revisit Gambling with the Devil again after all these years. Holds up super well IMO.

Criminally underrated and under represented live. My favorite album with Sasha.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1205 on: April 25, 2020, 10:02:58 AM »

Criminally underrated and under represented live. My favorite album with Sasha.

Yeah, I'd probably agree with you on that. And it's nuts that a lot of this stuff doesn't get play live nowadays.

At the very least, it brought a grin to my face recently when one of the lead actors of TeamFourStar's new online mockumentary series (Unabridged) wore a Gambling with the Devil tour t-shirt all throughout the pilot episode earlier this year. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #1206 on: June 02, 2020, 01:40:41 AM »
New album and tour pushed back to 2021! :(

Not surprising, but I was looking forward to hearing some new Helloween music this year.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1207 on: June 02, 2020, 05:18:17 AM »
New album and tour pushed back to 2021! :(

Not surprising, but I was looking forward to hearing some new Helloween music this year.

What a kick in the balls.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1208 on: June 02, 2020, 09:52:45 AM »
Sucks. After my opportunity to see them live in LA fizzled out (one of my biggest musical regrets), I've been crossing my fingers they'd be back and I'd finally get to see them. It won't be the same (I am assuming they'll reduce the songs played from Keeper 1 and Keeper 2, which is what I really want to see), but I was still really excited. Here's hoping for 2021 or 2022 in the U.S.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1209 on: June 02, 2020, 10:06:29 AM »
Jeeze Louise how long is this album going to stay in the oven, you'd think it would've been done and released already
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #1210 on: June 04, 2020, 01:25:48 AM »
Jeeze Louise how long is this album going to stay in the oven, you'd think it would've been done and released already

The album is done and being mixed right now, if I understood correctly.

I guess they wanted to move the album release forward, to have it release roughly at the same time as the tour starts.

Bummer all the same. :(

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1211 on: June 04, 2020, 02:22:50 AM »
Indeed, there was no official announcement about it but I assume that an album being finished now was meant for release in late August, with the tour starting in September. They moved the tour, so they moved the album as well.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #1212 on: September 10, 2020, 12:59:10 PM »
Bump!

Music video for a new single is apparently done, so we should expect some new Helloween music pretty soon.

Fingers crossed! :metal
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 03:33:12 PM by Polarbear »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1213 on: September 10, 2020, 01:07:31 PM »
Whoa  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1214 on: September 10, 2020, 01:35:37 PM »
Bump!

Music video for a new single is apparently done, and we should expect some new Helloween music pretty soon.

Fingers crossed! :metal

:metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1215 on: September 10, 2020, 04:21:57 PM »
 :metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1216 on: September 10, 2020, 05:26:43 PM »
In the release it says that for the album, Dani used Ingo's Keepers Era drum kit.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1217 on: September 10, 2020, 05:41:42 PM »
In the release it says that for the album, Dani used Ingo's Keepers Era drum kit.

My favorites for Helloween are both of the original Keeper albums easily and Master of the Rings from the Deris era.  Honorable mention for "The Chance" and "Giants" from Pink and Chameleon, but I have very much huge interest in hearing what Kiske and Deris can make together  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1218 on: September 10, 2020, 05:44:15 PM »
Their vibe with each other is so great. I expect that to translate, as it did with Pumpkins United. Hopefully Kai has some lead vocals too.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1219 on: September 11, 2020, 01:22:25 AM »
And to think that in a pandemic free world, the album would be out and I'd see them in concert in a matter of days........

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1220 on: September 11, 2020, 06:06:59 AM »
Interested to hear the new remaster of 7 Sinners.  Love the album but the production really really hurts it.

Online Mladen

« Reply #1221 on: September 11, 2020, 07:43:30 AM »
I thought the remastered version wasn't a huge improvement. But still, the album kicks some serious ass.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #1222 on: October 11, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »
I don’t really wanna see much, or any, vocals from Kai on the new album. I’ve never been a fan of his voice. Now Kai the songwriter is a totally different story.
What will be interesting to see is how the songwriting will play out for the next album. Will they write individually for the most part like they mostly do, or write together as a band like they did on Legacy? We’ll see. Personally I’d like to see more songs from Weiki.  Every song he writes lately are the best from their respective albums, but there is usually only two of them or maybe three. Same can be said about Marcus. We need classic Helloween style songs, and as great a writer Andi may be, he often tries too hard to sound modern and fit in with what’s popular. I think we all just want a new classic Helloween album that sounds like classic Helloween. We need songs like the Saints and Creatures In Heaven. Imagine Kiske singing Salvation. I got a good feeling about this reunion album.
What do you think the chances are of the new album being titled Keeper 4 or something like it?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1223 on: October 11, 2020, 08:38:00 AM »
The reunion tour and the song Pumpkins United went beyond my wildest expectations. I have faith in them to come up with the best possible album without being a parody of their glory days and no, I don't think it will be called Keeper 4, that's the most predictable and boring route they could take and to make a Keeper 4 they'd have to acknowledge there is a Keeper 3, which is something most of the people tend to forget.

Anyway, just like Gamma Ray's Land of the Free II, the worst thing about the Legacy album is the unnecessary Keeper tag, the album itself is fine, in line with the other albums of the Sasha era, and there's at least one gigantic and terrific song on it. But stop milking the Keeper name please...

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1224 on: October 11, 2020, 09:44:41 AM »
We need classic Helloween style songs, and as great a writer Andi may be, he often tries too hard to sound modern and fit in with what’s popular. I think we all just want a new classic Helloween album that sounds like classic Helloween. We need songs like the Saints and Creatures In Heaven.

I'm sorry but I absolutely don't need songs like Creatures in Heaven. That one blew chunks.

I hope for some joint songwriting. I didn't like the last album but it had good tracks from everyone involved (Deris with The Swing of a Fallen World; Weikath with Claws; uh, that's it, so maybe not everyone), but now with Kiske and Kai on board, I hope they can go beyond that.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.