Author Topic: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United  (Read 179045 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United
« Reply #840 on: July 24, 2019, 09:08:41 AM »
Sole Survivor and Where the Rain Grows are classics and among the best of Deris.
Why is a great tune and it's good that they brought it back for the tour.
Secret Alibi is such a forgotten and underrated gem.
The Game is On is silly  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #841 on: July 24, 2019, 02:00:41 PM »
The Game is on is hilarious and so much fun, I love those odd vocal harmonies on the chorus. Helloween is the only band that can pull of happy metal and that song is a perfect example.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #842 on: July 24, 2019, 02:01:47 PM »
The Game is on is hilarious and so much fun, I love those odd vocal harmonies on the chorus. Helloween is the only band that can pull of happy metal and that song is a perfect example.

Someone hold me back, I'm about to type a dissertation for Mladen.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Mladen

« Reply #843 on: July 24, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »
I understand that I was a bit generous with that comment. Maybe what I tried to say was that Helloween can sometimes step over the line with the happiness and joy, yet make it work and not sound corny. I don't know if other bands can compete with that, even if they succeed with happy metal. Gamma Ray, Stratovarius and Freedom Call might be fine examples, but I think Helloween surpasses them.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #844 on: July 24, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »
Madness of the Crowds and Deliver Us From Temptation.

Got the tracks! Yes awesome!! Made the cut!

Tonight I am moving on to Rabbit and Keeper:Legacy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #845 on: July 24, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »
This is only semi-related, but Helloween have some of the most baffling bonus track choices I've ever seen. I understand cutting the filler, but most of the time, the b-sides are way better than some of the album tracks, and the albums are considerably worse without them. :lol

Then again, I guess I don't agree with most fans on which tracks "deserve" to be cut, so maybe I'm not one to judge. :\
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #846 on: July 24, 2019, 08:38:51 PM »
So after two listens to Rabbit Don't Come Easy tonight, I've determined that these are the 5 songs that make the cut from this album:

Just A Little Sign
Open Your Life
Sun 4 The World
Hell Was Made In Heaven
Listen To The Flies

But honestly, the only one that has a chance of moving on is Listen To the Flies, which is easily the best track here.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #847 on: July 24, 2019, 11:05:19 PM »
So after two listens to Rabbit Don't Come Easy tonight, I've determined that these are the 5 songs that make the cut from this album:

Just A Little Sign
Open Your Life
Sun 4 The World
Hell Was Made In Heaven
Listen To The Flies

But honestly, the only one that has a chance of moving on is Listen To the Flies, which is easily the best track here.

This was actually my fav Helloween album for the longest time.  I never understood the hate for it, I think it's classic Helloween done Deris style.  I can see why people wouldn't rate it I suppose, but I freaking love it to bits.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #848 on: July 25, 2019, 11:58:05 PM »
Rabbits Don't Come Easy is not one of my absolute favorites from Helloween, but it does have some forgotten gems like; "Open Your Life", "Listen To The Flies" and "Hell Was Made In Heaven". I even like "Never Be a Star" and "Just a Little Sign" despite the silly lyrics in both. :lol

Excited to see your reaction to Keeper Legacy and Gambling With The Devil TAC! Be sure to check out the bonus tracks for those as well.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #849 on: July 26, 2019, 06:03:11 AM »
Rabbits Don't Come Easy is not one of my absolute favorites from Helloween, but it does have some forgotten gems like; "Open Your Life", "Listen To The Flies" and "Hell Was Made In Heaven". I even like "Never Be a Star" and "Just a Little Sign" despite the silly lyrics in both. :lol

Excited to see your reaction to Keeper Legacy and Gambling With The Devil TAC! Be sure to check out the bonus tracks for those as well.

The two Gambling bonus tracks are better than quite a lot of the songs on the album.  So good.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #850 on: July 26, 2019, 06:09:20 AM »
Maybe someone could compile a list of Deris Era bonus tracks. I have all the CDs but not the bonus tracks.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #851 on: July 26, 2019, 06:23:36 AM »
With a little help from Wiki, here's the list, I leave out live songs and alternate versions:

MASTER OF THE RINGS

Can't Fight Your Desire
Star Invasion
Cold Sweat (cover)
Silicon Dreams
Grapowski's Malmsuite 1001 (In D Doll) (instrumental)
I Stole Your Love (cover)
Closer to Home (cover)

THE TIME OF THE OATH

Still I Don't Know
Take It to the Limit
Electric Eye (cover)
Magnetic Fields (cover)
Rain (cover)
Walk Your Way
Light in the Sky
Time Goes By

BETTER THAN RAW

Back on the Ground
A Game We Shouldn't Play

THE DARK RIDE

The Madness of the Crowds
Deliver Us From Temptation

RABBIT DON'T COME EASY

Far Away
Fast as a Shark (cover)
Sheer Heart Attack (cover)

KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS - THE LEGACY

Revolution
Run (The Name of Your Enemy)

GAMBLING WITH THE DEVIL

We Unite
Find My Freedom
See the Night
Never Surrender

7 SINNERS

I'm Free
Faster We Fall
Aiming High

STRAIGHT OUT OF HELL

Another Shot of Life
No Eternity

MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT

I Wish I Were There
Wicked Game
Free World
Nightmare
More Than a Lifetime
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:57:45 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #852 on: July 26, 2019, 06:56:05 AM »
You forgot "Run (The Name of Your Enemy)" from Keeper Legacy. :P

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #853 on: July 26, 2019, 06:58:00 AM »
Nope, it's on the llist, see?

;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #854 on: July 26, 2019, 08:39:11 AM »
Thanks Mask!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: July 26, 2019, 01:14:47 PM »
Helloween's cover of Electric Eye is excellent.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #856 on: July 26, 2019, 07:52:27 PM »
Not much to report. Spent the evening acquiring the b sides and loading them on my iPod.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #857 on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:54 PM »
You also forgot "Moshi Moshi Shiki No Uta", the instrumental from the Better Than Raw era.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: July 27, 2019, 04:33:44 AM »
The two Gambling bonus tracks I was referring to also was Night and Freedom.  Tge other two are solid but these two are crackers.  See tge Night may be a top 3 of the whole album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #859 on: July 27, 2019, 07:02:28 PM »
So I've given Keeper: The Legacy a couple of run throughs. Holy shit, this album is amazing.

The King For A 1000 Years hasn't really clicked with me yet, and they should've dropped Get It Up (a total B side) for Revolution.

Not sure of the Seven Keys connection. I remember rolling my eyes when this came out. I think I listened to it once or twice after I bought it.

I also have the Keeper Legacy live album and DVD. I remember watching the DVD that this band looks so much like a real band, totally enjoying each other. I'm going to bust out the DVD at some point this week.

Occasion Avenue is a total fucking beast.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #860 on: July 27, 2019, 07:49:17 PM »
Rabbits Don't Come Easy is not one of my absolute favorites from Helloween,

Yeah, I shared the same impression.

But...

This was actually my fav Helloween album for the longest time.  I never understood the hate for it, I think it's classic Helloween done Deris style.  I can see why people wouldn't rate it I suppose, but I freaking love it to bits.

I feel like it's its own worst enemy. This album is so damn easy on the ears, it's easy to underestimate how excellent it really is.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: July 28, 2019, 04:12:00 AM »
I've always really enjoyed Keeper Legacy.  I'm kind of the opposite Tim, I never cared that much for Revolution and really like Get It Up, classic Weiki.

Occasion and Avenue and King are teh two gems here.  I do wish the quiet section in Occasion Avenue was a bit shorter, but that's nitpicking.  The chorus is fucking amazing.  Silent Rain is a tune in classic Helloween form, as is Judgement Day and Pleasure Drone is a cool standard Deris era song.

Light the Universe is actually the one song I could do without, never really cared for it. 

Great album.

I feel like it's its own worst enemy. This album is so damn easy on the ears, it's easy to underestimate how excellent it really is.

Yes!  There is lots of variety and I feel everything is so different on this album that it never gets boring.  Lots of classic Helloween yet lots of modern Helloween too with everything inbetween.  I really just never understood the negativity.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #862 on: July 28, 2019, 04:58:56 AM »
I've always really enjoyed Keeper Legacy.  I'm kind of the opposite Tim, I never cared that much for Revolution and really like Get It Up, classic Weiki.

Occasion and Avenue and King are teh two gems here.  I do wish the quiet section in Occasion Avenue was a bit shorter, but that's nitpicking.  The chorus is fucking amazing.  Silent Rain is a tune in classic Helloween form, as is Judgement Day and Pleasure Drone is a cool standard Deris era song.

Light the Universe is actually the one song I could do without, never really cared for it. 

Great album.

Strongly disagree with those song choices. I'd say the ones I could do without would be Judgement Day, Pleasure Drone, Come Alive, Shadows, and Get It Up. Light the Universe is not only my favourite song on the album, but one of my favourite songs ever, & I'd kill to see them sing it live with the current lineup. :hefdaddy

Still agree with "Great album" though  :tup

Yes!  There is lots of variety and I feel everything is so different on this album that it never gets boring.  Lots of classic Helloween yet lots of modern Helloween too with everything inbetween.  I really just never understood the negativity.

Honestly I blame my initial dislike of Rabbit on shitty youtube uploads. Now that it's up on Spotify, I've listened to it again and it's not that bad I guess.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #863 on: July 28, 2019, 04:40:59 PM »
Listening to The Tune from Rabbit and I could totally hear Kai singing this.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #864 on: July 28, 2019, 04:53:54 PM »
So, here are the songs that make the cut from Keeper: The Legacy

Keeper: The Legacy

King For 1000 Years
The Invisible Man
Born On Judgement Day
Pleasure Drone
Silent Rain

Occasion Avenue
Do You Know What You Are Fighting For
The Shade In The Shadow
My Life For One More Day

9 of the 13 songs move on. And suffice to say that I like all of the songs I left off. This is an amazing album. I really can't believe I've been sitting on this all these years.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #865 on: July 28, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »
For shits and giggles, I just reread this thread. Some good laughs. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #866 on: July 29, 2019, 12:15:27 AM »
Listening to The Tune from Rabbit and I could totally hear Kai singing this.

Interesting.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #867 on: July 29, 2019, 01:31:24 AM »
Silent Rain is great, but I remember they admitted it was basically a Eagle Fly Free ripoff that Sascha wrote just for fun, and the other guys didn't really realize it.

My Life for One More Day is awesome, they should have used that to close the main set back in the tour for the album in place of The Invisibile Man.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #868 on: July 29, 2019, 05:55:47 PM »
Gambling With The Devil is solid AF, especially when including the b sides.

Here are the tracks making the cut:

Gambling With The Devil

The Saints
Paint A New World
Final Fortune
The Bells Of The 7 Hells
Dreambound
Heaven Tells No Lies
---
We Unite
Find My Freedom
See The Night

@Kade, I'm sure you'll wonder why Kill It isn't there. It's kind of like Push. The chorus kind of um..kills it  ;D for me. But the rest of it is beastly for sure. But it's not moving on, and certainly not making the "next" cut down.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #869 on: July 29, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »
Tim, I could have bet a lot of money that Kill It wouldn't have made the cut due to your views on Push.  When Gambling came out and I put the cd on, Push instantly came to mind when Kill It was playing, so that's no surprise honesty.

One track I never understood the hype for on that album was Heaven Tells No Lies.  Seems to be rated but I just don't understand why.  I think it's a somewhat weak album closer.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #870 on: August 02, 2019, 05:47:00 AM »
Pumpkins United official live video from the upcoming album  :metal :metal :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mat2YhaceaA

This song is Christmas and Halloween happening at the same time for any metal kid  ;D :hat

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #871 on: August 02, 2019, 06:13:25 AM »
Pumpkins United official live video from the upcoming album  :metal :metal :metal

This song is Christmas and Halloween happening at the same time for any metal kid  ;D :hat

:metal  :hefdaddy

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #872 on: August 02, 2019, 06:47:24 AM »
That is awesome!  I can't wait for the live dvd, since I missed the tour.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #873 on: August 02, 2019, 07:23:34 AM »
Holy cow! That looks amazing! I can't wait to get it.

Re: Gambling - heck yeah. Best Helloween album. Only one that's all killer no filler, every song rocks on this one. Dreambound is a TUNE, and Can Do It somehow manages to be super fun without being overbearing. Love this record so much. Deris is on fire on it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #874 on: August 02, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »

Just watching on my phone at work and that is amazing. Deris and Liskecweredo great with each other.
And I’m really glad Kai had some vocals.

Really amazing!! Can’t wait for this.