Author Topic: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United  (Read 179683 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United
« Reply #630 on: October 20, 2017, 01:54:26 PM »
Damn!! :metal

Very Kiske heavy. Nice!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Art

« Reply #631 on: October 23, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »
The tour started and with it some problems...

There were acounts (video) of possible playbacks from Kiske on the shows in Mexico, followed yesterday by an official anouncement from the Helloween FB page, saying that Kiske had some health issues and they were considering canceling or altering the set list for the show in San jose, Costa Rica, that will happen tonight.

Today they posted that he was felling better and would be on stage.

What the hell? I hope it was just a case of too much chili in Mexico and that he's felling better now.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #632 on: October 23, 2017, 08:09:13 AM »
The tour started and with it some problems...

There were acounts (video) of possible playbacks from Kiske on the shows in Mexico, followed yesterday by an official anouncement from the Helloween FB page, saying that Kiske had some health issues and they were considering canceling or altering the set list for the show in San jose, Costa Rica, that will happen tonight.

Today they posted that he was felling better and would be on stage.

What the hell? I hope it was just a case of too much chili in Mexico and that he's felling better now.
I read about this in the morning, I hope that Kiske will get better very soon. IMO Helloween should postpone the shows, they shouldn't perform without Micheal. People mostly buy tickets too see Him, I would prefer to postpone my show Warsaw if it would be no Kiske on vocals....

Offline Art

« Reply #633 on: October 23, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »
Yeah, i agree. If the line-up is not complete, they should postpone it...

But i hope they play normally here this saturday, and Kiske is feeling fine  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #634 on: October 23, 2017, 03:27:56 PM »
Going ahead without Kiske defeats the whole purpose of the whole tour and reunion.  People would be pissed.  And playbacks on the first night, come on.  Should have postponed.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #635 on: October 25, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »
TICKETS ON SALE NOW. GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT! 5 US dates and 1 Canada.

https://enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=408

Got my Chicago ticket. 2 days after ProgPower. I'm going to be exhausted but it'll be worth it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #636 on: October 25, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »
Definitely catching the show in Worcester. It's a Friday so that's huge. Probably not getting tickets right away though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #637 on: October 29, 2017, 12:14:48 PM »
https://whiplash.net/materias/news_774/272576-helloween.html
Site in portuguese, talking about the first night in São Paulo, which apparently was filmed for the DVD.
All went well, setlist almost complete ( kids of the century was replaced) and Kiske's voice very good!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:27:28 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Mladen

« Reply #638 on: October 29, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »
Unfortunately, Kids of the century was the song I was looking forward to the most.

Offline Art

« Reply #639 on: October 30, 2017, 06:33:20 AM »
I saw them saturday, what a show!  :metal

It's a shame that the venue suffered with some technical dificulties (the mais screen behind the stage went dead after the 4th song, there were some minor microphone problems, too) and that may have compromised the recording of the show for the DVD, because everything else was just perfect.

First of all, everybody was worried about Kiske's shape, but right on the 1st song (Halloween), he showed that he was in great form, singing with incredible power!
The whole band seemed to be having a great time, smiling and interacting with the fans at all times, well except for Weikath, obviously. :lol

Kai Hansen had a smile from ear to ear the whole show, he was having a blast.

The whole band performed very well, it was a shame that, because of the screen problem they couldn't do the homage ro Ingo.

Deris was the most active of the two frontmen, he interacted with the audience more than Kiske, who seemed more focused on singing.

Deris also gave his best live performance that i saw, since the Better Than Raw tour. He benefited A LOT from having no need to sing the Kiske-era songs (though he did provided some very cool backings on some songs).

A very cool moment was when they shared the vocals to "Why?", a very nice performance.

If you are a Helloween fan, you cannot miss this tour.

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #640 on: October 30, 2017, 11:18:02 AM »
I saw them saturday, what a show!  :metal

It's a shame that the venue suffered with some technical dificulties (the mais screen behind the stage went dead after the 4th song, there were some minor microphone problems, too) and that may have compromised the recording of the show for the DVD, because everything else was just perfect.

First of all, everybody was worried about Kiske's shape, but right on the 1st song (Halloween), he showed that he was in great form, singing with incredible power!
The whole band seemed to be having a great time, smiling and interacting with the fans at all times, well except for Weikath, obviously. :lol

Kai Hansen had a smile from ear to ear the whole show, he was having a blast.

The whole band performed very well, it was a shame that, because of the screen problem they couldn't do the homage ro Ingo.

Deris was the most active of the two frontmen, he interacted with the audience more than Kiske, who seemed more focused on singing.

Deris also gave his best live performance that i saw, since the Better Than Raw tour. He benefited A LOT from having no need to sing the Kiske-era songs (though he did provided some very cool backings on some songs).

A very cool moment was when they shared the vocals to "Why?", a very nice performance.

If you are a Helloween fan, you cannot miss this tour.
Thank You for not writing more about the setlist :p I already knew that Halloween is the first song and I saw They were rehearsing Why?so I doesn't any damage in my brain :p I'm waiting for 28th November !

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #641 on: October 31, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »
On Facebook, the DVD producers said that the DVD will include footage from both nights. I hope that they don't mix images from one night (or both) with audio from another...
https://www.facebook.com/noturnallband/posts/10156202940417668
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: October 31, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »
On Facebook, the DVD producers said that the DVD will include footage from both nights. I hope that they don't mix images from one night (or both) with audio from another...
https://www.facebook.com/noturnallband/posts/10156202940417668

Overdubs galore.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #643 on: October 31, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »
It's Halloweeeen!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #644 on: October 31, 2017, 05:22:47 PM »
It's Halloweeeen!

Pfft...that was so yesterday for me mate.  ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #645 on: November 11, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #646 on: November 11, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »
Holy shit the Walls Of Jericho portion is SICK! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2017, 01:15:40 AM »
Mother of god. Next September can't come soon enough.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #648 on: November 19, 2017, 03:21:47 AM »
Back to this thread after having seen the show!!!  :metal

People may not be bothered to read it all, so let me say it loud and clear for all to see:

If you're an Helloween fan, you can't miss this tour for the world. Go see it. It's ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY WORTHY. Buy a ticket NOW!!!

Now, the show... Best Helloween concert EVER. One of the best concerts EVER, period, out of all the ones I've attended. It's right there with Maiden's and Dream Theater's best shows, with the gorgeous Metallica setlist I've seen at the Big 4, with the Iced Earth 3 hours show... this show belongs to the olympus of all the concerts I've seen in 19 years of concert life.

The setlist (you can find it here at Setlist.fm) was as perfect as it might have been. Sure, with so many albums one can always say that a specific song could have been replaced by another, but come on, in the grand scheme of things this was an absolute and wonderful "best of" of 30 years of power metal. I've actually wrote on their page how they should start the show, for all I know, they got the idea from me, haha!  ;D

No, really, 2 songs in I was already happy and satisfied. And classic after classic they delivered an uninterrupted string of metal masterpieces, with never a dull moment.

The nicest thing was the chemistry on stage. This was not an half-assed "Kiske sings and then Deris sings sone more" attempt of a cash grab, it was a well rehearsed and constructed show with all the singers blending in very nicely. Deris was absolutely a beast, singing well all of his songs (For absurd Kiske had more little difficulties here and there than Deris did), mantaining the stage like the badass frontman he was, and with Kiske fitting in just nicely.

As said above, the Walls of Jericho part of the show was a treat within the treat, and what a pleasure to see Kiske and Deris hugging each other, hell, even Kiske standing in the middle of Hansen and Weikath soloing was something I never thought I'd seen!!!

I've seen all the classics of the Keeper era worth hearing, and Deris songs I've never heard or at best, heard in medleys or 20 years ago. And it's worth to mention how Kai Hansen at the end, waving goodbye to all the others as they were leaving one by one the stage, remembered Malcom Young and all the other figures in music who passed way.

By the final song with all the balloons flying around I wasn't even listening to it, I was just trying to get a hold of them, hahaha  ;D

Really, as I said: Best Helloween concert ever, and one of the best concerts of my entire life period. A night I will dearly remember and that will probably keep me happy for a week straight! Last night was Halloween AND Christmas both in a single, historical night!!!  :metal
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:52:49 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #649 on: November 19, 2017, 05:01:23 AM »
Wow,now I can't wait even more than I was before! My show is in next Tuesday in Warsaw, and to see all of them together is something very very special... They picked not so big venue for the show, but very well sounding so I hope that this show will be a beast!!
MirrorMask, You're from Italy don't You? Your country is beautiful, I spent two great weeks in Italy in May/June this year, great momemts!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #650 on: November 19, 2017, 05:14:43 AM »
MirrorMask, that's awesome. I posted the Santiago show above and I've watched it all the way through twice. The WOJ section looks amazing.

Can't wait for my show.......next September.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #651 on: November 19, 2017, 01:13:54 PM »
I've also made some pics between a singalong and the other, here they are:

https://www.facebook.com/612493155488167/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1667386113332194
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #652 on: November 19, 2017, 01:36:37 PM »
Awesome shots, Andy!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #653 on: November 19, 2017, 02:19:20 PM »
That looks fantastic. Seven more days for me.  :metal

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #654 on: November 19, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »
Thanks TAC! And Mladen, seven days is probably what is gonna take for me for the excitement and the happiness to wear off, yesterday night coming out of the show I found out my football team had lost an important match and I didn't even care, since I was still in awe of the concert  :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #655 on: November 19, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »
Thanks TAC! And Mladen, seven days is probably what is gonna take for me for the excitement and the happiness to wear off, yesterday night coming out of the show I found out my football team had lost an important match and I didn't even care, since I was still in awe of the concert  :biggrin:

I have 10 months to wait!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: November 20, 2017, 03:59:15 AM »
 :'(

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #657 on: November 29, 2017, 10:34:12 PM »
Sooooo, my wait has come to an end and I can say without doubt that I've have seen the best concert since 10 years easily ! Guys were great, setlist was great, sounding was great and the audience too of course ! I literally cried during two songs seeing Micheal Kiske reaching that high notes that I knew only from from albums! He was in a great form and nailed almost every song! But, Hansen was great too, and Andi of course which definitly sounds better than couple years ago when I saw Helloween during Straight From Hell tour. I  cannot speak here about the setlist but I can only say that I managed to didn't checked it before the show which was not so easy because it was tempting like hell ;) And it was a good choice ;) I never thought that I see Kiske, Hansen, Weikath and Grosskopf on one stage but my dream has come true and I can die now ;)

Offline Mladen

« Reply #658 on: November 30, 2017, 12:14:44 AM »
Great review, Cody!

I forgot to post here, but they also blew me away several days ago in Bratislava. I couldn't hold back the tears during the first two songs. Kiske was slightly sick but still gave his best, the crowd loved him. The others were great as well. The only thing about the set list I didn't like is that we got Where the sinners go (my least favorite song from an otherwise spectacular album), and we also missed Kids of the century, one of my absolute favorites that actually got played the previous night in Prague. But still, a marvelous night. Three hours of beautiful music, great performance and entertaining visuals. Also, the Ingo part was touching.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #659 on: November 30, 2017, 01:26:29 AM »
Kids of the Century didn't really go down that well at my show, probably Kiske wasn't on top form and they decided to drop it.

I'm glad I got to hear it, first and probably last time I hear anything from Pink Bubbles Go Ape.

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #660 on: November 30, 2017, 01:28:45 AM »
Great review, Cody!

I forgot to post here, but they also blew me away several days ago in Bratislava. I couldn't hold back the tears during the first two songs. Kiske was slightly sick but still gave his best, the crowd loved him. The others were great as well. The only thing about the set list I didn't like is that we got Where the sinners go (my least favorite song from an otherwise spectacular album), and we also missed Kids of the century, one of my absolute favorites that actually got played the previous night in Prague. But still, a marvelous night. Three hours of beautiful music, great performance and entertaining visuals. Also, the Ingo part was touching.
In Warsaw there were no Where The Sinners Go or Kids Of The Century ;) There were no songs from Bubbles, from 7 Sinners only Are You Metal? :(

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #661 on: November 30, 2017, 01:35:51 AM »
Speaking of albums ignored... so far most of their discography was represented, except:

- Chameleon (I get it)
- Rabbit Don't Come Easy (Good choice, very average album)
- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy (On a three hour show I figured there was room for King for a 1000 Years, pity they decided to ignore the record)
- Gambling with the Devil (Booooh!!!! It's the best Sasha album! A shame they didn't believe in the songs, since they played only 2 on the tour, 3 when they felt to include Paint a New World, and that therefore no song became "classic" enough to get represented)
- My God Given Right (Once again I get it, another average album, and probably done just to get it over with and move on to the reunion)

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #662 on: November 30, 2017, 02:29:26 AM »
Speaking of albums ignored... so far most of their discography was represented, except:

- Chameleon (I get it)
- Rabbit Don't Come Easy (Good choice, very average album)
- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy (On a three hour show I figured there was room for King for a 1000 Years, pity they decided to ignore the record)
- Gambling with the Devil (Booooh!!!! It's the best Sasha album! A shame they didn't believe in the songs, since they played only 2 on the tour, 3 when they felt to include Paint a New World, and that therefore no song became "classic" enough to get represented)
- My God Given Right (Once again I get it, another average album, and probably done just to get it over with and move on to the reunion)
Totally agreed with one exception, maybe two ;) I was hoping for something from Chameleon, I was expecting something from every album to be honest ;) But, I think that the biggest shame is that they dropped Gambling totally - Paint A New World or Dreambound are totally killer tracks for me, the same goes with Hell Was Made In Heaven from Rabbit. I don't care about songs from My God Given Right, it's my least favourite album... But the setlist was awesome as it was and I'm happy ;) 

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #663 on: November 30, 2017, 02:35:34 AM »
Hell was Made in Heaven was definitively the song to go to for Rabbit, they could have even let Kiske handle it (or maybe just the chorus).

But yeah, all things considered, I could never complain about the setlist, majestic show  :tup :hefdaddy

Offline Mladen

« Reply #664 on: November 30, 2017, 06:37:03 AM »
I'm glad I got to hear it, first and probably last time I hear anything from Pink Bubbles Go Ape.
I would have been thrilled since I really like that album. I ran into a footage of Kids of the century being performed live this year and the very moment I saw the album cover on the screen was enough to get me excited, I can only imagine how blown away I would be had it happened in my concert.

It must be extremely difficult to construct a set list for this tour so it's no wonder some albums weren't represented. Good call  to leave out the previous one, they just toured with it. It would have been fantastic to get a track from Gambling with the devil, but honestly, are there any enormous hits on that album? The Dark ride has If I could fly, Sinners has Are you metal, and the 90s Deris albums are filled with classics. Gambling, while a brilliant album overall, doesn't have a song that's truly famous.