Author Topic: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United  (Read 179915 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Helloween thread v. My God Given Right - New album in May
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2015, 06:07:32 AM »
Looking at the Melbourne setlist, I think it's quite weak actually.  Steel Tormentor and Where the Rain Grows are nice unique additions but that's about it.  Nothing from Gambling, and just a small snip from one song from 7 Sinners.  Poor newer songs choices too IMO.  Not enough heaviness in the set, which reflects the mood of the new album I guess.  Might go, I don't know, not fussed though.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/helloween/2015/170-russell-melbourne-australia-6bf456be.html
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2015, 06:16:32 AM »
That medley looks horrific.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2015, 06:40:34 AM »
Yeah, I Can in there after Sole Survivor and before Are You Metal just seems weird.

Just not digging this at all.  Heroes and Russian Roule were two of the weaker tracks from the new one.  Waiting For the Thunder was a decent melodic rock song but would never expect it in a live setting.  Actually, Lost in America doesn't need to be played live either.  Power's been done before, as has Mr Torture.  As I said, Steel Tormentor and Where the Rain Grows the only exciting additions.  Nothing from Keeper 3 either.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:58 AM »
I saw a very similar set, most of the songs were a lot of fun live. The medley is quite messy, though.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2015, 09:47:53 AM »
Looking at the Melbourne setlist, I think it's quite weak actually.  Steel Tormentor and Where the Rain Grows are nice unique additions but that's about it.  Nothing from Gambling, and just a small snip from one song from 7 Sinners.  Poor newer songs choices too IMO.  Not enough heaviness in the set, which reflects the mood of the new album I guess.  Might go, I don't know, not fussed though.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/helloween/2015/170-russell-melbourne-australia-6bf456be.html

Yeah, all my favourite songs from the new one weren't played at my show. The title track works wonderfully — Deris lets people sing in the middle — but in the same setlist with Power it's a bit an overkill I think. Same for Waiting for the Thunder, it's like a weaker version of If I Could Fly for me. Also, I love Russian Roule, one of the stronger tracks from the new album, in my opinion — but they didn't play it in Russia. I don't get why, actually. It was a perfect opportunity to do that.

That medley looks horrific.

I've heard this medley live and the only thing that works is Halloween -> Sole Survivor transition. After that it's a real mess.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
Really cool that they're playing Steel Tormentor and Where the Rain Grows. I'd love to see them playing Falling Higher too. Apparently they rarely play anything from Gambling. That's what I've heard. Its one of their best albums. It was very much a power metal album.

From the new album, my two favorite songs are Creatures in Heaven and Claws. Anyone know if they play either of those live?

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2015, 12:56:32 PM »
Really cool that they're playing Steel Tormentor and Where the Rain Grows. I'd love to see them playing Falling Higher too. Apparently they rarely play anything from Gambling. That's what I've heard. Its one of their best albums. It was very much a power metal album.

From the new album, my two favorite songs are Creatures in Heaven and Claws. Anyone know if they play either of those live?

They don't, at least from what I know.

My two favourites are The Swing of a Fallen World and Stay Crazy, and they don't play those two either. :lol

Offline NotePad

« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2015, 01:00:05 PM »
Some of their best songs they never ever play. Its a shame. Look at Maiden, they play everything.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2015, 04:14:55 PM »
Some of their best songs they never ever play. Its a shame. Look at Maiden, they play everything.

Huh?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: October 15, 2015, 09:07:01 PM »

They don't, at least from what I know.

My two favourites are The Swing of a Fallen World and Stay Crazy, and they don't play those two either. :lol

Swing of a Fallen World and Stay Crazy are my two favorites as well.  Stay Crazy is catchy as hell.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: October 15, 2015, 10:39:53 PM »
Those two would be up there for me also.  The two notepad listed are great too.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #396 on: October 16, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »

Exactly what it sounds like. Maiden releases an album with a bunch of awesome songs and actually plays most of them live.

Helloween mainly play the more commercial sounding and mainstream songs off of their new albums mainly. But they have some really great slightly longer and more complicated songs they never play except maybe once or something. Like Dreambound, Salvation, The Tune..... I mean what's the deal Helloween?? Huh??

Offline Art

« Reply #397 on: November 14, 2016, 05:50:39 AM »
So, it´s official now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg9ZOyDfYIA

Helloween will be touring with the current formation + Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske.

The first show is here in Brazil, i will be attending for sure!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #398 on: November 14, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
I would have been pissed if Deris was asked to step down. This is the best solution.

I wonder if both singers will sing their own songs or if they'll attempt to play some of the other one's songs, excluding the inevitable duets.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline NotePad

« Reply #399 on: November 14, 2016, 09:21:36 AM »
This is awesome. I'm also glad Andi is included, because he is the current and IMO better vocalist for Helloween. It would be awesome if they did an album too.

Maybe they'll get Kiske to sing parts of King For Thousand Years, Occasion Avenue, and My Life For One More Day in order to create some real finality too the Keepers saga.

Hope they come to Canada. But it will be kind of sad to see such a glorious reunion playing in such a small venue, because in North America they certainly won't be playing stadiums.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: November 14, 2016, 09:41:59 AM »
Wow, this is huge news.  I think this is the shot in the arm that the band needs; to me they have been coming across as going through the motions for a number of years.

I'm glad everyone is on board for this and I hope a new album with both singers.  Regardless of what happens, this is very cool

I can only imagine Tim needs to take the rest of the week off work after hearing this news. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #401 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »
 :lol

Kiske!!!!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mladen

« Reply #402 on: November 14, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »
I never thought this day would come. Amazing news.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: November 14, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »
A Helloween album with both Kiske and Deris singing would be legendary. Maybe like a Allen/Lande situation.

Or at the very least hopefully a couple of duets live

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: November 14, 2016, 01:40:48 PM »
Wow, awesome. I wasn't going to see Helloween on tour again if they were doing their usual album cycle / tour routine, but I definitely want to see this lineup.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #405 on: November 14, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »
A Helloween album with both Kiske and Deris singing would be legendary. Maybe like a Allen/Lande situation.

Or at the very least hopefully a couple of duets live

Legendary would be Kiske and Kiske singing!!!!!

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #406 on: November 14, 2016, 01:56:11 PM »
Okay so 2016 is now a lock for best year ever.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #407 on: November 14, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #408 on: November 14, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »
Maybe they'll get Kiske to sing parts of King For Thousand Years, Occasion Avenue, and My Life For One More Day in order to create some real finality too the Keepers saga.

I was thinking too about Kiske having a go with King for a Thousand Years! Even though the lyrics are entirely from the point of view of the devil from start to finish so it would be weird to have two different people singing it.

I wonder how they'll approach the show, the press release say it will be nearly three hours - will they do a mini-Avantasia with Kiske and Deris coming and going, or it's gonna be the Deris set, the Kiske set and then the inevitable duets in the encore? there are many combinations, and I hope both Halloween and Keeper of the Seven Keys will make the set. Also some love for the other Kiske albums would be nice, Kids of the Century and Giants could be two realistic choices.

EDIT: another thought... not even Iron Maiden announced one year before their reunion tour, they got back together in February 1999 and in spring they were already on tour, summer at the latest. They've announced NOW the first date in OCTOBER 2017, 11 months away, what are they gonna do until then? does Kai Hansen have a new Gamma Ray album and tour already planned? until October 2017 there's time for writing, recording and releasing with the proper promotion a new studio album, it feels anticlimatic however to have Helloween have just another studio album and then go on tour with Kiske... I hope for more details in the future!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:15:45 PM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #409 on: November 14, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »
I wonder how they'll approach the show, the press release say it will be nearly three hours - will they do a mini-Avantasia with Kiske and Deris coming and going, or it's gonna be the Deris set, the Kiske set and then the inevitable duets in the encore? there are many combinations, and I hope both Halloween and Keeper of the Seven Keys will make the set. Also some love for the other Kiske albums would be nice, Kids of the Century and Giants could be two realistic choices.

All great tunes!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
I was surprised at the October 2017 start date for the tour as well.  I would like to think this means they are all heading into the studio early 2017 for a summer album release.  But I guess we will have to wait for more details.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2016, 04:00:43 PM »
What happens if I have a heart attack before then??

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: November 14, 2016, 04:05:45 PM »
What happens if I have a heart attack before then??

I will pay for any life support that is required.  You will see Helloween with Kiske again!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #413 on: November 14, 2016, 04:13:42 PM »
I know I just posted this on the previous page albeit a year ago, but I'm posting it again. So happy! Brothers in arms!! Actually I wouldn't let him go! :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #414 on: November 14, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
I know you said who he was before, but I can't remember.  Who is the heavy set million dollar man Ted Dibiase to your right?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #415 on: November 14, 2016, 04:33:57 PM »
He paid me the ransom when I took Kiske hostage! ;D

Seriously, I think he may have been some sort of road manager.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: November 14, 2016, 04:36:11 PM »
All Tim had to do was offer the manager some money to buy some donuts and Kiske was his for the day.  Who looks happier - Kiske or the guy with Tim's cash?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #417 on: November 14, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »
I never noticed how small that cup looks next to that dude's stomach. ;D One gulp!

I wish I was 19 again.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: November 14, 2016, 04:45:54 PM »
And somebody in the bottom right is trying desperately to photo bomb the picture, but they are too late

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: November 14, 2016, 04:49:11 PM »
I'm a Deris era fan more than a Kiske era fan, but to me it feels a bit less epic with Deris there, and it only being a world tour too.  I'm happy Deris and Gertsner are still involved though, show the class of all involved.  Would have rathered Roland and Uli though, but that was never on the cards and never will.

An album though as j said like an Allen/Lande style however would be incredible.