Author Topic: Heirdrain - uhm...hmm..  (Read 643 times)

Offline Norwood

• Keep it all in perspective.
Heirdrain - uhm...hmm..
« on: October 11, 2010, 07:29:43 AM »
Anyone ever heard this band?  The music is about as out there as it gets.

Some of the old school experimental bands that are familiar with bands like The Residents, Tuxedomoon, Lx Rudis and the more mainstream Alvin Lucier might relate to these guys.

I remember, in my "fun" days listening to Residents albums and there was actually some interesting beats and stuff to it.

The three song stretch on the album "Hell!" 'Smelly Tongues', 'Monkey And Bunny' and 'Farmers' still give me flashbacks.  Were I a younger man I would highly recommend listening to those songs with a ten-strip on your tongue.  You'll likely never forget it.

For those that are familiar with the Residents, who do you think was in the band?  That voice on the album Hell! sounds all too familiar. :)

[[--Comic Nut's Jar--]]  --  Comics.Politics.Computers  --  [[--The Sneakernet--]]  --  Computers.Toys.Geekdom

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
Re: Heirdrain - uhm...hmm..
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:01:44 AM »
I actually do know of them.  Very interesting music.  I do often like the blending of visual and music art too, and the lyrics are quite interesting to read.  I'm surprised to find another person who is familiar here

I don't know much about show they are, although I think people by the name of Horner Flynn and Hardy Fox have been credited...