Author Topic: Experiment With Winamp  (Read 610 times)

Offline Norwood

• Keep it all in perspective.
Experiment With Winamp
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »
So I was fiddling around with Winamp and found an option in the right click context menu, "Play tracks similar to..." while listening to Redemption (my new fav band right now, can't get enough of these guys)...seriously Snowfall On Judgment Day is so amazing, the way Alder sings along with each note and harmony in the song Black And White World is amazing  :metal.  I digress...

Anyway, it brought up some interesting results from my library:

All That Remains
Circus Maximus
Dream Theater
Eskaton
Kamelot
Mastadon
Midnattsol
OSI
Queensryche
Sikth
Soilwork
Trivium
Zao

So I was wondering what some of you guys had in your libraries that Winamp would consider "similiar" to Redemption.

Just play your favorite Redemption song (if you have one  :P) and list what Winamp returns.  I think it would be a good way to check out bands we might not have listened to before.

[[--Comic Nut's Jar--]]  --  Comics.Politics.Computers  --  [[--The Sneakernet--]]  --  Computers.Toys.Geekdom

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Re: Experiment With Winamp
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »
I find last.fm the best thing at doing this, especially as I use foobar not winamp.

But yes, Black and White world is their best song ever.

Offline Norwood

• Keep it all in perspective.
Re: Experiment With Winamp
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:45:46 AM »
Sapphire is getting close the more I listen to it, but I have really never heard anyone sing in such complete harmony with the music the band is laying down.

It's amazing.

[[--Comic Nut's Jar--]]  --  Comics.Politics.Computers  --  [[--The Sneakernet--]]  --  Computers.Toys.Geekdom