Author Topic: Have Pollitical Ads Hit A New Low?  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Have Pollitical Ads Hit A New Low?
« on: September 28, 2010, 06:46:43 AM »
I HATE this time of year. The negative ad campaigns grate on my nerves. This ad by Jerry Labriola who is not to take Rosa Delauro's seat in congress is a rather pathetic and failed attempt at humor. I think people on this forum can appreciate the ultimate lameness of the following ad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXx2aADmYHw

:facepalm:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
Re: Have Pollitical Ads Hit A New Low?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:49:13 AM »
hahahah that was actually a pretty good effort.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 06:52:24 AM »
hahahah that was actually a pretty good effort.
You wouldn't think so if you woke up to it every morning.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:35:02 AM »
It was good until he says "I'm on a sign," then it just got campy.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 08:40:04 AM »
Until the very end that was actually an interesting ad.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »
Its at the point now that I will vote for whoever has the most positive ads. The candidates running don't even express what they plan to do anymore, they just bash the hell out of their opponents for 60 seconds.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 09:20:56 AM »
Its at the point now that I will vote for whoever has the most positive ads. The candidates running don't even express what they plan to do anymore, they just bash the hell out of their opponents for 60 seconds.
I hear you Chino, loud and clear. Living in Connecticut you are watching the same crap I am. Between Linda McMahon and Richard Blumenthal for the senate and Dan Malloy and Tom Foley running for Governor, I can't take it anymore. Its all negative bullshit. None of the talk is about what they can do to help, its all about how bad there opponent is.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 09:23:25 AM »
A new low?  Not possible.  They hit rock bottom years ago and have stayed there.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 09:24:59 AM »
This stuff is surely going to backfire.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »
I hear you Chino, loud and clear. Living in Connecticut you are watching the same crap I am. Between Linda McMahon and Richard Blumenthal for the senate and Dan Malloy and Tom Foley running for Governor, I can't take it anymore. Its all negative bullshit. None of the talk is about what they can do to help, its all about how bad there opponent is.

Linda McMahon is the worst out of all of them. I probably hear at least 5 of her ads a day. I couldn't tell you one thing she is actually in favor of. The thing that really pisses me off, is it isn't the candidates that do the shit talking. They have some other douche say the stuff, and then just end with "Hi I'm Linda McMahon, and I'm the cunt that approves this message."

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »

Linda McMahon is the worst out of all of them. I probably hear at least 5 of her ads a day. I couldn't tell you one thing she is actually in favor of. The thing that really pisses me off, is it isn't the candidates that do the shit talking. They have some other douche say the stuff, and then just end with "Hi I'm Linda McMahon, and I'm the cunt that approves this message."
Linda McMahon wants lunch pails to work again.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 09:59:41 AM »
One of the minor joys of living where I live was that my congressman had ran unopposed for the last 4-5 terms, so we only got ad campaigns for the two neighboring districts.  Then the Tea Party came along and now we have them, and one of the neighboring districts has been brutal the past two cycles.  Thank god for DVRs.

Offline Big Crouton

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »

Please tell me that the linda mcmahon you're talking about is the wife of vince mcmahon.  She'd have my vote.
I'm not sure how literal 'God created man in his own image' is, but it would be pretty crappy if there was a god but he died a while ago of appendicitus.

www.mercuryrecordings.ca

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: That's pretty sad of you, unless you're a supporter of steel chair research
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »

Please tell me that the linda mcmahon you're talking about is the wife of vince mcmahon.  She'd have my vote.

The very same.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »

I am curious as to why?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
A nice thing about living in Tejas is that nobody really bothers to run many commercials.  Local offices go to Democrats and state/national offices go Republican.  It sucks to live in a state so back-assward, but since democracy is a sham anyway, I suppose it's better than living in a swing state.

It also pays to not watch American television.  During the first two weeks of the NFL, I was streaming football games from the UK.  While they're just as bad about showing the same commercials over and over again, it's definitely a better crop of adverts.  I'd rather see an ad for Bass than Budweiser any day. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »
A nice thing about living in Tejas is that nobody really bothers to run many commercials.  Local offices go to Democrats and state/national offices go Republican.  It sucks to live in a state so back-assward, but since democracy is a sham anyway, I suppose it's better than living in a swing state.

It also pays to not watch American television.  During the first two weeks of the NFL, I was streaming football games from the UK.  While they're just as bad about showing the same commercials over and over again, it's definitely a better crop of adverts.  I'd rather see an ad for Bass than Budweiser any day. 
:lol Great post.

Offline FiberglassMoon

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
He modeled his campaign ad after an Old Spice commercial? Really?

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 05:14:46 AM »
So what, is he saying he is a god-like black Apollo, capable of stealing my woman with his smooth manly voice and chizzled chest, and strong elegant stride...

fuck that, voting dems.

(im not gay, shutup!)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran