Author Topic: Congress Debating Making U.S. Like China by Creating Internet Blacklist  (Read 20391 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Congress Debating Making U.S. Like China by Creating Internet Blacklist
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2010, 11:59:23 AM »
This is ridiculous. EPICVIEW, if you don't see a problem with the Patriot Act and think Bush didn't complain about the media, there's no point in continuing this "discussion".

rumborak

dont ya think that as the President that if he didnt protect us ( job #1 of the President) that he would have been crucified by not starting the HSA and the Patriot act? and again..what is the issue with it? not one American lost a liberty under it.. but it was useful in the stopping of two huge terrorist attacks after 9/11...

if ony Clinton did his job, maybe 9/11 would have been foiled after the first attack on the WTC. people died becasue Clinton ws a LOUSE

but Carnivore by Clinton was OK??

Since it's been discussed many times here before, and you'll never allow yourself to see conflicting points of view anyway, I'll just give you a quick run down.  Clinton was far more concerned about Al Qaeda than Dumbass every was until they kicked our ass and made him look bad.  When Clinton acted, people screamed wag the dog because condemning him for enjoying a blowjob here and there was more important than national security.  Bush had zero interest in al Qaeda because he has zero interest in anything.  People were trying to tell him that we were fixing to be attacked left and right and he just didn't give a shit.  I have plenty of issues with Clinton, but if we're going to compare presidential competence, you're taking the side of the biggest oafs to ever hold the office.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2010, 12:00:32 PM »
:lol

It's people like you that make me thankful I don't live in the US.

You better hope your country doesnt need the USA, becasue Obama dont think anything is worth fighting for ... so I pray your country will never need our boots on the ground
D'aaaaaaaaw, its so cute when he's cranky :3
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2010, 12:02:18 PM »
This is ridiculous. EPICVIEW, if you don't see a problem with the Patriot Act and think Bush didn't complain about the media, there's no point in continuing this "discussion".

rumborak

dont ya think that as the President that if he didnt protect us ( job #1 of the President) that he would have been crucified by not starting the HSA and the Patriot act? and again..what is the issue with it? not one American lost a liberty under it.. but it was useful in the stopping of two huge terrorist attacks after 9/11...

if ony Clinton did his job, maybe 9/11 would have been foiled after the first attack on the WTC. people died becasue Clinton ws a LOUSE

Since it's been discussed many times here before, and you'll never allow yourself to see conflicting points of view anyway, I'll just give you a quick run down.  Clinton was far more concerned about Al Qaeda than Dumbass every was until they kicked our ass and made him look bad.  When Clinton acted, people screamed wag the dog because condemning him for enjoying a blowjob here and there was more important than national security.  Bush had zero interest in al Qaeda because he has zero interest in anything.  People were trying to tell him that we were fixing to be attacked left and right and he just didn't give a shit.  I have plenty of issues with Clinton, but if we're going to compare presidential competence, you're taking the side of the biggest oafs to ever hold the office.  

only history will be the judge..GWB was in office for 7 months when 9/11 happened
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »
Here is my PM to Rum since he is misquoting it ...

Hi Rum,
may I ask your age? I think Im having a real disconnect with this group in the political threads, as most here are quite a bit younger then me..I am 46... and I find their "knowledge" quite a bit from academia, but not from living it in the private sector, I hope that I am wrong on that perception. I am also from the NY NJ area, and 9/11 changed my life , although I had been studying the jihad against the USA since the mid 90s. so my views are vetted and formed. Its a very nice group here and I dont want to argue with anyone hence why I play coy

have a great day

EV

"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »
see...I LIKE everyone and wanted to be nice as I am nice..

I have no idea why Rum felt he had to betray the privacy of a PM I sent him..I did not call any JUVENILE...

now lets enjoy the debate and please try to discuss the subject!!!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »

rumborak

only history will be the judge..GWB was in office for 7 months when 9/11 happened
And ignored countless memos and briefings during that time.  What a great wartime president.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »

Hi Rum,
may I ask your age? I think Im having a real disconnect with this group in the political threads, as most here are quite a bit younger then me..I am 46... and I find their "knowledge" quite a bit from academia, but not from living it in the private sector, I hope that I am wrong on that perception. I am also from the NY NJ area, and 9/11 changed my life , although I had been studying the jihad against the USA since the mid 90s. so my views are vetted and formed. Its a very nice group here and I dont want to argue with anyone hence why I play coy

have a great day

EV

pics or it never happened

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »

rumborak

we were not at war  until GWB declared war and the rules of war time would be enacted..after 17 UN resolutions were violated.. and Benon Sevan and Kofi and El Barardie were going to try to block it

And ignored countless memos and briefings during that time.  What a great wartime president.  

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2010, 12:13:53 PM »

Hi Rum,

have a great day

EV

LOL..say huh?

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2010, 12:14:28 PM »

Hi Rum,

have a great day

EV

LOL..say huh?
Last I checked, I didn't stutter.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2010, 12:16:15 PM »

Hi Rum,

have a great day

EV

LOL..say huh?

how do you take a pic of a PM? and trust me its lockbox true...ask Rum to show othewise

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2010, 12:17:51 PM »

Hi Rum,

have a great day

EV

LOL..say huh?

how do you take a pic of a PM? and trust me its lockbox true...ask Rum to show othewise

1. Print Screen
2. Paste to Microsoft Paint
3. Save as image
4. Upload to photobucket
5. Post it here
6. ????
7. PROFIT!!!!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »

rumborak

we were not at war  until GWB declared war and the rules of war time would be enacted..after 17 UN resolutions were violated.. and Benon Sevan and Kofi and El Barardie were going to try to block it
But you just attacked Clinton for not doing enough to prevent it.  Just so we're clear, Clinton acts and you say it isn't enough.  Bush actively ignores threats and warnings, and you say that no state of war existed.  Muslims kick our ass rather severely, and you say Bush is great because he declared war afterward.  And you wonder why people have a hard time taking your vetted and formed points of view seriously.

And by the way, to say that the Bush administration utilized the rules of war opens up an entirely different can of laughable bullshit. 
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »
EB,

did I ever say I was not for Clinton doing more?.. especailly after WTC1 attack..

Lets nto forget Clinton had Osama..and passed on the opportunity...

if Clinton had statred a HSA the terrorists living here for years before 9/11 would have been caught..

how or why do you slag GWB for the breaking up of terror attacks post 9/11 with the HSA he created and proved it worked?... how do you justify Obama having multiple attacks happens since him being in offce and breaking up the HSA for VOTES and SOROS money

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2010, 12:32:39 PM »
EB, please dont call Carnivore analgous to the Patriot act.. we both know the PA was to monitor transactiosn stirclty from foreign countries that harbor terrorists..
as the terrorists use all sorts of #s and you cant get a warrant for a number you wont know till its too late..and the PA worked..!!! it broke up terror attacks..

Carnivore was closer to Watergate...

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2010, 12:37:54 PM »
so if Chairman Obama says 'Fox no good" we should just bow to his wishes...

sorry...that BS aint for me..  I form my views..I research the merit of what is valid..
 Fox reports News and does it quite well.... any objective ratring of Fox shows they are FAIR with time for opposing views.. even though many times the Dem will not go on to debate their views for fear of getting exposed..as its COOL to just slag FOX and have it as the Boogieman...
Now, I don't live in America so I have no idea if Obama said Fox was a terrible news channel or not but the few times that I've been in America and watched Fox, I always thought "This is an awful news channel".

Seriously, once someone left Fox on the TV at work, so I watched Glenn Beck for about 5 minute on my break and I felt like sticking my head in the microwave.

And...what the fuck, Epicview? Nothing he said in that article was unreasonable. He's saying that Fox has a clear right leaning bias. Just like MSNBC has a clear left leaning bias. I think you just have trouble detecting Fox's bias because you agree with them.

obective studies have been  done on all the networks.. sighting  Fox the most fair ,....period

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
EB, please dont call Carnivore analgous to the Patriot act.. we both know the PA was to monitor transactiosn stirclty from foreign countries that harbor terrorists..
as the terrorists use all sorts of #s and you cant get a warrant for a number you wont know till its too late..and the PA worked..!!! it broke up terror attacks..

Carnivore was closer to Watergate...

Do you not even realize your ridiculous bias in this? Is it so incomprehensible to you that we see PA equally if not worse to Carnivore? No, we don't just believe Bush when he claims "the PA was to monitor transactiosn stirclty from foreign countries that harbor terrorists".
The disturbing part here really is that you swallowed the PA wholesale and just said "yes, mam" when it was introduced, but throw a tantrum on Carnivore.
Honestly, iff there's a single notion you should take away from this whole discussion, it's that you do NOT have a balanced view of these things. You absorb 100% what FOX, Bush and Republicans say and defend it almost brainlessly, and jump on anything Democrat.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2010, 12:39:53 PM »
First off, just because his lackeys say that the PATRIOT Act prevented terrorist acts doesn't necessarily make it so.  Preventing some stoners from blowing up buildings when they couldn't even buy shoes and a camera without help from their FBI mole doesn't really sound like a ringing endorsement of their new-found powers.  

But the more important concern is that they had all the tools they needed to prevent the first one.  All that was required was for some people to care enough to do something about it.  There were red flags all over the place, and they were obtained within the confines of the Constitution.  Rather than manning up and saying that he was asleep at the switch,  he said that we needed new laws to prevent it.  New laws that, though you can't admit it, circumvent the Bill of Rights at every turn.  You are not as free now as you were, and just because you're [presumably] not a criminal doesn't change that fact.  We all got fucked on the deal, and it was never necessary to begin with.  That's the sort of thing that happens when you have half-witted nimrods running the show.  

Edit:  Actually, if you look back a couple of pages, I already addressed Carnivore.  I haven't related it to this whole War On Terror bullshit in any way.  
E.F. Benson

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2010, 12:40:57 PM »

sorry...that BS aint for me..  I form my views..I research the merit of what is valid..
 Fox reports News and does it quite well.... any objective ratring of Fox shows they are FAIR with time for opposing views.. even though many times the Dem will not go on to debate their views for fear of getting exposed..as its COOL to just slag FOX and have it as the Boogieman...
Now, I don't live in America so I have no idea if Obama said Fox was a terrible news channel or not but the few times that I've been in America and watched Fox, I always thought "This is an awful news channel".

Seriously, once someone left Fox on the TV at work, so I watched Glenn Beck for about 5 minute on my break and I felt like sticking my head in the microwave.

And...what the fuck, Epicview? Nothing he said in that article was unreasonable. He's saying that Fox has a clear right leaning bias. Just like MSNBC has a clear left leaning bias. I think you just have trouble detecting Fox's bias because you agree with them.

obective studies have been on all the networks.. calling Fox the most fair ,....period
Source please.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »
Im sighting the Brooklyn Bridge terror plot and the Plane plot out of Europe...^

and it worked.. I go by FACTS.. we were not attacked for 8 years ..UNTIL OBAMA started to dismantle it.. again..strictly the facts..

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »
Im sighting the Brooklyn Bridge terror plot and the Plane plot out of Europe...^

and it worked.. I go by FACTS.. we were not attacked for 8 years ..UNTIL OBAMA started to dismantle it.. again..strictly the facts..
Hearsay doesn't count as facts, bro

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2010, 12:44:46 PM »

And since then we've been attacked constantly? Are those your "facts"?

You're deluding yourself on your "vetted views", epic.

rumborak

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »

https://www.cmpa.com/releases/07_12_21_Election_Study.pdf

obective studies have been on all the networks.. calling Fox the most fair ,....period
Source please.

https://www.cmpa.com/releases/07_12_21_Election_Study.pdf

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2010, 12:49:11 PM »
The media watchdog group Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) has challenged CMPA's non-partisan claim, based on the argument that much of its funding has come from conservative sources, and that its founder, Dr. S. Robert Lichter, once held a chair in mass communications at the American Enterprise Institute and was a Fox News contributor.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2010, 12:51:41 PM »
The media watchdog group Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) has challenged CMPA's non-partisan claim, based on the argument that much of its funding has come from conservative sources, and that its founder, Dr. S. Robert Lichter, once held a chair in mass communications at the American Enterprise Institute and was a Fox News contributor.
While I don't particularly trust wikipedia, I did take a look at the source behind that.

https://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2515

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »
Seriously, epic, defending FOX as a balanced news stations is a sinking ship. Abandon it, most intelligent conservatives have done so a long time ago.

rumborak

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2010, 12:54:24 PM »
1. June 1, 2009 - Little Rock, Arkansas - Muslim terrorist Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, opened fire on a U.S. military recruiting office. Private William Long was killed and Private Quinton Ezeagwula was wounded.

2. Nov 5th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nidal Malik Hasan - Fort Hood, Texas - killed 13 people and wounded 30 others.

3. Dec 25th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempts to detonate an explosive on an aircraft enroute from Amsterdam to Detroit. During the incident, the suspect ignites himself on fire until he is extinguished and overpowered by two passengers.

4. May 1st, 2010 - New York City, New York, United States New York's Times Square was evacuated after the discovery of a car bomb. Suspect Shahzad Faisal is in custody.

And remember the planning for the 9/11 terrorist attacks occured DURING THE CLINTON (had Osama in his gunsights and was too cowardly to pull the trigger) ADMINISTRATION!

If the 9/11 attacks had happened during Lord God Obama's reign the "suspects" would be caught and hauled into CIVIL court in New York City for a quaint little trial and a slap on the hand.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2010, 12:56:21 PM »
Seriously, epic, defending FOX as a balanced news stations is a sinking ship. Abandon it, most intelligent conservatives have done so a long time ago.

rumborak

not a chance... zero...thats like saying " this burger tastes sorta off, so I will drink poison instead"..

what may I ask should I watch? LOL
and trust I watch it for news.. my views are formed by a myriad of sourcing

Im dissapointed in your sharing of my PM..that sorta tells me you will hit below the belt and cant take the heat..

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »
Lol
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
Lol

Its funny how this entire thread can be summed by one simple acronym.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »
1. June 1, 2009 - Little Rock, Arkansas - Muslim terrorist Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, opened fire on a U.S. military recruiting office. Private William Long was killed and Private Quinton Ezeagwula was wounded.

2. Nov 5th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nidal Malik Hasan - Fort Hood, Texas - killed 13 people and wounded 30 others.

3. Dec 25th, 2009 - Muslim terrorist Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempts to detonate an explosive on an aircraft enroute from Amsterdam to Detroit. During the incident, the suspect ignites himself on fire until he is extinguished and overpowered by two passengers.

4. May 1st, 2010 - New York City, New York, United States New York's Times Square was evacuated after the discovery of a car bomb. Suspect Shahzad Faisal is in custody.

And remember the planning for the 9/11 terrorist attacks occured DURING THE CLINTON (had Osama in his gunsights and was too cowardly to pull the trigger) ADMINISTRATION!

If the 9/11 attacks had happened during Lord God Obama's reign the "suspects" would be caught and hauled into CIVIL court in New York City for a quaint little trial and a slap on the hand.

For fuck's sake.  I thought you were pretty misguided at first.  If you're really are citing two shootings and two failed bombings as evidence of terrorists attacking us because of Obama, then I'm gonna stop wasting my time with you.  You're beyond hope.  
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »

For fuck's sake.  I thought you were pretty misguided at first.  If you're really are citing two shootings and two failed bombings as evidence of terrorists attacking us because of Obama, then I'm gonna stop wasting my time with you.  You're beyond hope.  

is there a certain number of casulities needed?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:17 PM »

Hearsay doesn't count as facts, bro

I know..thats why I keep it real. ..um...bro..

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2010, 01:08:45 PM »
EB,

so lets just dismantle the Partiot act.. F it.. we have Obama.. he need left wing votes..so lets just stop trying to stop terror attacks.. especially the "small ones"...

PS: My family was in Time Square the night that terrorist couldnt detonate that car bomb.. but to you thats irrelevent if only say 40 people got killed...right?

Im using your deduction...

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
let me be clearer... Terrorist are obviously emboldened they are going to be safe and not to be killed under Holder and Obama within the USA they are to be given rights!..and evidence is to be scrutinized and miranda'ed

I dont see how that makes us safer..

very simple point..

BUT Obama wants to censor us!!!!...