Author Topic: Not a good week for Obama, huh? LOL  (Read 5519 times)

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
Re: Not a good week for Obama, huh? LOL
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 01:22:57 AM »
But.... that really, literally, without any exaggeration.... um.... is what you said. 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 01:25:50 AM »
Um... no. It's not.

How can you fail to realize there's a difference between someone recognizing a politician has "held their own," and someone being happy with said politician? Again, where for fuck's sake did I say I was "happy" about it?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:30:51 AM by Perpetual Change »

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2010, 01:34:54 AM »
Well, you voted for him, right?  And, you did say this, right?  

Obama looks good in those videos. Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, they make him look the same cool-headed and rational politician that won the election. ?

So, the guy you voted for, "looks good," and, "is made out to look like the same cool-headed and rational politician that won the election," but you're not happy about this?  You're quite torn up that he "looks so good while being so rational and cool-headed"? 

edit..

And, you're not "happy" that he "held his own" .... you know, as the guy you voted for? 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 01:45:26 AM »
So acknowledging that Obama still carries the same good demeanor that he's had all along makes me "happy" with him just because I voted for him? Sure, I voted for him. But, believe it or not, you can be unhappy with someone and still acknowledge that they're carrying themselves well.

To elaborate, I also thought Obama looked good when he appointed Petraeus. But I ALSO thought, "well shit, now we're definitely fighting Bush's fiasco again."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:55:21 AM by Perpetual Change »

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2010, 01:58:41 AM »
So acknowledging that Obama still carries the same good demeanor that he's had all along makes me "happy" with him just because I voted for him? Sure, I voted for him. But, believe it or not, you can be unhappy with someone and still acknowledge that they're carrying themselves well.

But, the thing is - you acted as if his good demeanor trumped the substance of what he said, as evidenced by your agreement with William.