Author Topic: The Pokémon Thread v. Sun and Moon [Friend Codes in OP]  (Read 250629 times)

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Pokémon Thread v. Black and White [Friend Codes in OP]
« Reply #1015 on: April 17, 2011, 06:55:36 AM »
Is there any way to take more than one pokemon on a time with you to the extralink?  Also, how does one see the Dream Points they've acquired?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1016 on: April 17, 2011, 07:18:46 AM »
You can check your dream points by logging in and going to https://en.pokemon-gl.com/profile/ - you then click the "Dream World" tab along the top, and it's at the bottom of the first panel. Beneath the picture of your house.

And no, you can't take more than one at a time. Although, with the ten panels, it definitely looks like you should be able to. Not sure what the extra panels are for. Events, I guess? Although I'm pretty sure they're handled in a different panel. Beats me.

Reuniclus woke up!

Reuniclus has gained 1 level(s)!

...WHAT.

If you get more than 500 points in the dream world, they grow a level.

Also, you'd think that Nintendo would have worked out the whole plural thing by now, instead of just putting "(s)" after everything.
I never knew this. That's ace. I'm going to aim for more than 500 every day, now. I figure the growth is represented by the speech bubble above the pokemon's head? Did notice it went from "..." to "^_^" to a musical note to a heart.

And, yes. You would. Fifteen years and they've still not come up with a solution, that's baffling in itself. I figure it's probably just not a priority.

I'm finding it creepy that all the pokemon are having the exact same dream. Going back to the same house with the same list of "transferred pokemon" on a pinboard - fully expecting a Life on Mars style twist, where it's revealed that all my pokemon are police officers in comas like John Simm and Keeley Hawes.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1017 on: April 17, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
I actually took a computer science class where everything we did was in Java and one of our homework exercises was to make sure the output read either "1 stick" or "2 sticks."  Of course, being a smartass, I just went with stick(s).  If its good enough for a billion dollar franchise its good enough for that stupid CS class.

Of course, the fact that you can do that in java kinda begs the question why they haven't taken five minutes (assuming they're competent programmers, I'm certainly not) to fix it.

EDIT: PGL nickname is skydivingn913
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:11:44 AM by skydivingninja »

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1018 on: April 17, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
About Game Pals

Game Pals are users connected in Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version. Game Pals are divided into two categories: Friend and Trade Pal.

You can exchange E-Z Mail with Game Pals. But you can't visit each other's homes in the Pokémon Dream World.

On a scale from one to ten, this is fucking stupid.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1019 on: April 17, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »
 >:( Lame. That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe they're trying to prevent abuse of the system? Although I  can't think of any case where it could be abused by having your friend on.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1020 on: April 17, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
There are no grass patches in my White Forest... how do I go about changing that? ???

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1021 on: April 17, 2011, 01:45:47 PM »
There are no grass patches in my White Forest... how do I go about changing that? ???
By visiting someone's Black City.

The Black City / White Forest thing is a huge misfire. It doesn't really work. I can only nab people from my brother's Black City if they're not happy there, and vice versa - but, you can't have more than ten. So either you neglect it to switch characters, losing citizens, or you keep the same people there for all eternity.

I deliberately neglected mine just so I'd be able to take people from my brother's BC. His citizens are still stuck tight, but I now only have two people living there. I can only find Happiny and Aron. Ridiculous. Good thing I went through and caught one of everything before neglecting it.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1022 on: April 17, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
I was glad to get Skaloth. Slaking is a beast.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1023 on: April 17, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »
I'd be glad of the opportunity to get Slakoth, but due to the way the damn thing's structured I can't.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1024 on: April 18, 2011, 06:21:52 AM »
The relocator does NOT work with a flash cart version of Heart Gold, or any other type of Pokemon game. Need a legit version.
Fark!
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1025 on: April 18, 2011, 10:24:21 AM »
olololol

EDIT: At the current rate, I'm getting about 350-450 points per hour in the Dream World.  I need to be friends with you lot so I can water your berries to get more points or something.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:35:28 PM by skydivingninja »

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1026 on: April 20, 2011, 06:16:35 AM »
2380 dream points, and now four rows of berries. SO close to some extra shiz.

Incidentally, I'm getting good at that Wailord game and I'm not sure how.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1027 on: April 20, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
 :lol The wailord game is fun. I hate the find the pokemon one though.  :tdwn

AHHHH damn, I wanted to put my pokemon to sleep so I could go online now in class, but i forgot to.

Also does anyone wanna trade an illumise for a volbeat? Can't find the latter in white so i need one.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1028 on: April 20, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
Just mollywhopped the Elite 4 Redux and Champion. Time to show Bianca the business.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #1029 on: April 20, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
mollywhopped?

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1030 on: April 20, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »
Testing out a UU team in Pokemon Online.  Its fun.  You guys should play. 
https://pokemon-online.eu/ (right now the page is down because they're moving to a new server)

So far the roster is Roserade/Gallade/Suicune/Magmortar/Hitmontop/Krookodile, though with my bulky water problems I might swap Gallade for Galvantula and Magmortar (even though he's been a surprise threat) with Darmanitan.  Krookodile is the cat's pajamas.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1031 on: April 21, 2011, 05:41:22 AM »
I've considered using it, but I've got a hunch everyone on there's going to be ridiculously skilled and use all these eldritch movesets which consist of Encore and Taunt and so on, and I don't want to get too deeply ensconced into "stop having fun guys" territory. I might use it to battle people from here, though.

ALSO. Today is the day I probably unlock the sky map in the Dream World! Whoo! Yay! 'Citing! Gonna get a Natu!

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: April 21, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »
Goddamn Dream World Xatu leads are the most annoying things in the world....until Roserade hits 'em with Shadow Ball.  :D

And yes you all totally should get it.  I mean, I feel it is fun to play against encore/taunt users.  Fun in the challenge, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:10:32 AM by skydivingninja »

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1033 on: April 21, 2011, 07:02:10 AM »
"You arrive at the Isle of Dreams and decide to explore the Pleasant Forest."

No I fucking don't. Especially not three times in a bastard row, having explored the Pleasant (read: dull) Forest umpteen times over the past two weeks, and having only explored the Sky once, over the course of which a grand total of three Pokemon came out of the woodwork.

EDIT: Murkrow with Prankster... that'll do. Might not evolve it - I like Prankster.

We should make a DTF League on that thingybob. I'll probs just transfer my in-game teams.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:19:03 AM by robwebster »

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1034 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »
RIGHT! Created a team. Essentially, copied my ingame team, trying to remember the EV build. And left them with perfect IVs, just for funsies.

Should we create a Dream Theater server for ourselves, or just use the Pokemon Online one?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1035 on: April 21, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
Triple post! Boosting the saddo-meter to 3078 kilogygaxes, oh yes.

Does anyone want to try and create a server on that Pokemon Online thing? I've been trying to give it a go, but apparently you need to open a port to do it (port 5080), and I don't have access to the router where I am.

I like the idea of having our own server 'cause a. it'll make it easier for us to find each other, and b. we can play each other as hobbyists, without worrying too much about tiers and rankings, etc. Slightly more freeform game.

Was just going to call the server "Dream Theater," but if anyone can think of a clever pokemonny name, that'd be brilliant. Or even a non-clever name. Octavarium City Gym or some such.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1036 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »
I iz lost.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1037 on: April 21, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »
I iz lost.
We am trying to do a Pokemon Online all nice. Web-based battle simulator, innit. https://pokemon-online.eu

Make it a lot easier to battle online.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1038 on: April 21, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
I would be down for having a DTF server, but I couldn't host it on my campus.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1039 on: April 21, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »
I can't really do that at school, sadly, but I like the "Octavarium City Gym" name.  

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1040 on: April 22, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
Just to clarify in case anyone was confused... you actually need to play a minigame on Pokemon.com in order to be able to get one of the Eevee evolutions next month. You need to beat 4 levels of one of those brick breaker type games. I don't know how well that was explained on the main site, I saw it on bulbapedia.

Now, the problem is I absolutely suck at those kinds of games, and for some reason my computer can't handle it and it lags often, making it very difficult and frustrating. I got to level 4 but then lost. Is anyone good at this game that could go on my account and do it for me? I played for like 30 minutes and didn't get anywhere.  :lol

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1041 on: April 23, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
YESSSSS

I got a Leafeon  :metal

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #1042 on: April 24, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
Random question: Aren't starter pokemon supposed to be Male? I restarted my LeafGreen game today and I got a Female Charmander.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #1043 on: April 24, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
I think there's a 1 in 8 chance to receive a female starter (if you're playing as the male protagonist; it's the other way round when you play as a girl).
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1044 on: April 24, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
Nah, the starters just have a 12.5 chance of being female when you receive/hatch them.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1045 on: April 24, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »
Speaking of which, I just bred my Emboar and got a Tepig. Does anyone wanna trade it for one of the other starters?

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #1046 on: April 24, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »
Nah, the starters just have a 12.5 chance of being female when you receive/hatch them.

That's exactly what I said.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: April 24, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »
Almost.  Doesn't matter what gender you are.

Also, anyone else think that Guts Luxray with Wild Charge, Facade, Night Slash, and something else could be a pretty killer sweeper in LU?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1048 on: April 24, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
Almost.  Doesn't matter what gender you are.

Also, anyone else think that Guts Luxray with Wild Charge, Facade, Night Slash, and something else could be a pretty killer sweeper in LU?
Facade!

Good call. I've been cultivating a Guts Luxray out of the Dream World and I somehow managed to completely miss that.

Is LU a tier, yet? I saw the words appear once and then... just carried on with my life. Although, in fairness, I do tend to ignore Smogon completely. I'll occasionally dig around their movesets, but by and large I'm not that interested. It's too scientific for me.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
Well Smogon calls it NU.  PO calls it LU, and its basically any pokemon that isn't in the UU or OU tiers.  Might be fun.  I'll try and cook up a team today or tomorrow with a guts Luxray.