Author Topic: The Pokémon Thread v. Sun and Moon [Friend Codes in OP]  (Read 250676 times)

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Pokémon Thread v. Black and White [Friend Codes in OP]
« Reply #1680 on: July 07, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
Yeah, they've been having issues all day.  :sad:

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1681 on: July 07, 2016, 04:46:10 PM »
I totally forgot about it, of course my luck would end up with the servers being down. I want to catch some mons
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1682 on: July 07, 2016, 10:54:16 PM »
My mother and sister got Go and drove off to go find pokemon, there were so many other people about
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1683 on: July 08, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »
It's odd, the problems only happened in the US.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1684 on: July 08, 2016, 11:51:04 PM »
A few of us went out on the town last night to hit up some gyms and popular spots. It was crazy to see so many groups of people wandering around; the encounters were pretty surreal: "There's a Ekans right over there!" We would have been out a lot longer if it weren't for the damn humidity.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1685 on: July 10, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »
My god...

The developers don't know how much they Fucked up humanity.

Online Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1686 on: July 10, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
My god...

The developers don't know how much they Fucked up humanity.

In what way? I actually see a lot of positive social interactions between diverse individuals at a time when tensions are high after recent events.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1687 on: July 10, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »
Forgot to put that in sarcastic green.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #1688 on: July 10, 2016, 06:09:51 PM »
Went to a couple of parks today. GOD this game is awesome. For lazy fucks who don't walk, you'll eventually run out of pokeballs and be forced to actually buy them through microtransactions. For those who do walk in parks, you'll end up with endless amounts of pokeballs since there are often between 5-20 pokestops (each giving between 2-7 or so pokeballs) in a single park, which regenerate like every 5 minutes or so. It's a great moneymaking model.

My only issue with the game is how fast it drains the battery of my phone, and how it's not really like pokemon.  :lol

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1689 on: July 11, 2016, 12:43:11 AM »
As cool as the idea is, I feel like there's potential for so much more. Imagine being able to trade Pokemon with friends, battling with strangers...that would turn this into the most awesome phone game of all time! :metal

That being said, I'm a lazy fuck and have only caught Pokemon from home or on the train. Got a Fearow this morning on my way to work. :metal
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1690 on: July 11, 2016, 06:18:59 AM »
A year from now, Pokemon Go is going to be a completely different game. I'm willing to bet this is more or less a super early beta to test the GPS gameplay and the generation of gyms and poke centers. They day will soon come where we will walk around in the real world, finding, battling, and catching pokemon just like we would on Gameboy. Selecting what attacks we want and who we want to fight. There will be thousands of gyms around the country and a virtually limitless number of opponents. I can't fucking wait.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1691 on: July 11, 2016, 07:32:01 AM »
I was in Puerto Rico all last week, and it looks like Pokemon Go doesn't work there at all. Caught my starter and then nothing the rest of the time (no pokemon, stops, or gyms in sight). Back to the real world today and I was almost late for work from catching pokemon on my walk from the train station to the office :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1692 on: July 11, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
A year from now, Pokemon Go is going to be a completely different game. I'm willing to bet this is more or less a super early beta to test the GPS gameplay and the generation of gyms and poke centers. They day will soon come where we will walk around in the real world, finding, battling, and catching pokemon just like we would on Gameboy. Selecting what attacks we want and who we want to fight. There will be thousands of gyms around the country and a virtually limitless number of opponents. I can't fucking wait.

I really really hope this is the case. The game is so simple right now, but they are sitting on the potential for the game of the decade.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1693 on: July 11, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
Just spent my hour lunchbreak walking around Hartford, and the amount of people playing this game is absolutely insane. Like mind blowing.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1694 on: July 11, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »
Just spent my hour lunchbreak walking around Hartford, and the amount of people playing this game is absolutely insane. Like mind blowing.

I've noticed the same thing in Baltimore. I've never seen an app or game have such an immediate and widespread social impact.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1695 on: July 11, 2016, 12:18:13 PM »
A ton of people out by me on their lunch hour as well, love it.

When you evolve pokemon, their move set changes at random, yeah?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1696 on: August 05, 2016, 08:31:03 PM »
So in non-go related discussion, I completed a Nuzlocke of Omega Ruby today.

Was fun, but I found that some of the features of Gen VI like reusable TMs, Super Training, and exp share effecting your whole party almost trivialized it. Lost only two pokemon, a Breloom to Norman and my starter, Swampert, to the ice elite four member.

Now I'm trying it again with Platinum and I expect a bit more of a challenge.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1697 on: August 05, 2016, 09:12:46 PM »
I'm assuming that's a challenge where if your Pokemon faints you can't use it again?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1698 on: August 05, 2016, 11:32:17 PM »
Yep yep.

You can always make up your own rules for the Nuzlocke, like being able to only use a TM once, having EXP Share off, etc.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1699 on: August 06, 2016, 09:26:32 AM »
Suppose that's true, but it was also my first time through Omega Ruby so I sorta wanted to actually finish it too XD

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1700 on: October 18, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »
The Pokemon S&M demo came out today. It did a good job showcasing the major new features. In particular, I love the updated UI. XY and later ORAS added a bunch of small improvements that made navigating menus much easier, and this continues the trend.

The 18th can't come soon enough!
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #1701 on: October 19, 2016, 09:50:36 AM »
So the demo was pretty much top-bottom datamined, revealing pretty much everything anyone would want to know about the game. I'm not going to spoil any pokemon, but what I will say is that OH MY GOD WE DON'T HAVE TO USE HMS ANYMORE THANK YOU

literally all the hms have been turned into tms and the pokeride system is how you get through rocks and water and shit

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1702 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »
So the demo was pretty much top-bottom datamined, revealing pretty much everything anyone would want to know about the game. I'm not going to spoil any pokemon, but what I will say is that OH MY GOD WE DON'T HAVE TO USE HMS ANYMORE THANK YOU

literally all the hms have been turned into tms and the pokeride system is how you get through rocks and water and shit

Wow....that's a big one. Now we won't have to catch a useless one just to abuse it with the HM.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1703 on: October 19, 2016, 11:01:48 AM »
TMs meaning they'll need to be purchased or one time use or just in the fact that finally you can override them?

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1704 on: October 19, 2016, 12:13:33 PM »

Sweet! That's an even bigger than improvement than the UI changes.  :)
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #1705 on: October 19, 2016, 12:58:29 PM »
TMs meaning they'll need to be purchased or one time use or just in the fact that finally you can override them?

TMs haven't been one time use since Black and White. Ever since XY, they've had as many uses as HMs. But yes, now moves like Fly, Surf, and Rock Climb can all be overridden.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1706 on: October 19, 2016, 02:13:04 PM »
Shows how long it's been since I played X and Y.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1707 on: October 20, 2016, 06:10:43 AM »

I bought a 3DS-XL for the sole purpose of playing Y. First time I played. I could never get the power to turn back on and I got stuck. Spent hours trying to figure it out and couldn't do it. I started a new game on my flight to Vegas last year and got stuck in the exact same spot. I looked up a playthrough guide (something I never do, especially for Pokemon), and it said I had to talk to some guy in the power plant. That guy is not there, I don't know why, but without him I can't proceed.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1708 on: October 20, 2016, 07:33:04 AM »
Pokémon Go - my thoughts

- the game got stale in a hurry
- I like the fact that's nearly impossible to PAY YOUR WAY to more success, in typical fashion in all Pokémon
games there's a certain amount of drudgery that has to take place. I hate app store aps that allow rich people to pay
there way to success. That being said there are hackers and Niantic has been quick to try and stop the cheating
-need more gyms, need more pokes, need more content

there are a few articles about the "myths" in pokemon go, and most are pretty accurate

I didn't get my second 10K egg until I was level 25. I also didn't even SEE a Snorlax in the wild until level 25. And when I finally spotted the fat bastard on my radar - my Saturday afternoon plans literally got thrown out the window of my car for half an hour until I caught him. Electric pokemon are very valuable, and they're typically pretty weak and there aren't many in the game. Vaporeons are so ever present because their high HP. CP really doesn't mean much. Matching attack types on your pokemon is very important
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1709 on: October 20, 2016, 08:21:31 AM »

I bought a 3DS-XL for the sole purpose of playing Y. First time I played. I could never get the power to turn back on and I got stuck. Spent hours trying to figure it out and couldn't do it. I started a new game on my flight to Vegas last year and got stuck in the exact same spot. I looked up a playthrough guide (something I never do, especially for Pokemon), and it said I had to talk to some guy in the power plant. That guy is not there, I don't know why, but without him I can't proceed.

You don't turn the power back on in Lumiose until later in the game. You have to go around and do more gyms before it eventually loops you back.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1710 on: October 20, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »
Pokémon Go - my thoughts

- the game got stale in a hurry
- I like the fact that's nearly impossible to PAY YOUR WAY to more success, in typical fashion in all Pokémon
games there's a certain amount of drudgery that has to take place. I hate app store aps that allow rich people to pay
there way to success. That being said there are hackers and Niantic has been quick to try and stop the cheating
-need more gyms, need more pokes, need more content

there are a few articles about the "myths" in pokemon go, and most are pretty accurate

I didn't get my second 10K egg until I was level 25. I also didn't even SEE a Snorlax in the wild until level 25. And when I finally spotted the fat bastard on my radar - my Saturday afternoon plans literally got thrown out the window of my car for half an hour until I caught him. Electric pokemon are very valuable, and they're typically pretty weak and there aren't many in the game. Vaporeons are so ever present because their high HP. CP really doesn't mean much. Matching attack types on your pokemon is very important

Hasn't gotten stale for me yet, currently sludging my way towards level 31 and at 125 caught. It probably helps that I mostly only play when I'd already be outside, just with nothing to do (walking between the train station and the office, out for a run). Don't know what I'll do once I finish my pokedex though, as the grind to get to level 40 is absurd. Hoping they start introducing events or something for the as yet unseen last few pokemon, and hoping they don't add Gen 2 for a good long while as I only ever played the Gen 1 games and will likely lose interest fairly quickly once there are a bunch of random pokemon popping up that I know nothing about :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #1711 on: October 20, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »
Not entirely sure how anyone can complete the pokedex since articuno, moltres, zapdos, mew, and mewtwo exist

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1712 on: October 20, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »
Don't forget Ditto :D

Sorry, thought the "of the currently available was implied". So right now my goal is 142 since I'm not rich and crazy enough to travel international just to catch Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, and Kangaskhan. Most of the 17 I'm currently missing are evolutions where I have the first form and need to grind some candies.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1713 on: October 20, 2016, 11:02:38 AM »
all three you mentioned can be hatched in any size egg anywhere on the planet

I've seen a Kangastan in Ontario Canada - confirmed he didn't use the GPS spoofing hack or travel to Australia
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1714 on: October 20, 2016, 11:11:57 AM »
Unless they have some absurdly low probability of being in the egg, I don't buy it (not that you didn't see it, hell I saw a Kangaskhan a month or so ago in a local gym, but that it was gotten legit). I've see discussions on the Silph Road reddit (PoGo discussion and some research) and players with combined over ten thousand egg hatches had a grand total of 0 of the regional pokemon outside where they live. It's either not possible or the probability of it happening is so low that we might as well act as if it's impossible.
Photobucket sucks.