Author Topic: The Pokémon Thread v. Sun and Moon [Friend Codes in OP]  (Read 250670 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: The Pokémon Thread v. Black and White [Friend Codes in OP]
« Reply #1645 on: September 10, 2014, 11:27:07 PM »
Holy EFFIN SHIT YEAH!

RAY-MUDDA-FUCKIN'-QUAZA MEGAAAAA!!!! AHHHHHH GEEKASM!

You can only see the evolution occurring in the last panel, the orb of earth that encompass the Pokemon before they evolve, but it looks different, perhaps similar to Primal evolution instead of Mega, but there's definitely something special about it. This is some awesome news, I wasn't sure if they'd end up putting 'ole 'Quaza in the game but I am so, so happy they did! This is gonna be an awesome adventure. I never finished Ruby/Sapphire back in the day so this is gonna be extra fun for me.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1646 on: September 11, 2014, 06:48:27 AM »
Definitely Primal Devolution, Rayquaza is among the three main legends in the game, and the other two are getting one.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1647 on: September 22, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »
Is it weird that one of the things I'm most excited for is the soundtrack? R/S/E had really great music and I want to hear the new versions.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1648 on: September 22, 2014, 11:12:34 PM »
If they gave us a Classic Tuner or whatever like HG/SS had, I'll probably use it. I know a lot of people disliked the sort of trumpety sound they went for in Hoenn, but R/S/E had my favorite soundtrack in the series.

I beat the first game in my little Poke'marathon, Platinum, tonight. I'm dabbling in some postgame stuff, but overall, I think my opinion of D/P/Pl has gone down a bit from when I originally played it. I'm going to maybe explore the rest of the postgame northeast island, and finish the little extra Team Galactic stuff at Stark Mountain, and then the routes on the eastern side of Victory Road, but I'm not really going to go after the rest of the legendaries. HeartGold is next, and I'm excited to see how it's held up. The Johto remakes are tied with Emerald as my favorite games in the series.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1649 on: September 23, 2014, 03:53:23 AM »
I should get back to finishing my White, it's been sitting on the shelf for a while, I believe I've completed at least 6 or 7 gyms. I never played the Platinum generation, but I'm curious to try it out, since I've played through Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 and Gen 5.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1650 on: October 02, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »
Welp, Mega Rayquaza looks evil as fuck.  :o

EDIT: You know what? Taking out the picture. Might be spoilers for some. Look it up yourself.  :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:49:46 PM by Nel »

Offline Lucien

« Reply #1651 on: October 02, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
Well, considering it's the king and creator of Mega Evolution, they had to make him badass as hell.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1652 on: October 02, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »
If anybody's surprised that Rayquaza's getting a mega form, they're living under a rock :P

Does look evil as fuck though.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #1653 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »
I speculate that Rayquaza wasn't powerful enough to handle the primal forms of Groudon and Kyogre, so he basically invented Mega Evolution so he could be stronger than them to keep the peace.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #1654 on: February 24, 2015, 04:41:48 PM »
Oh hey, people haven't been talking in this thread. I recently completed a string arrangement of the all-too-famous Lavender Town theme.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1655 on: February 25, 2015, 07:53:16 AM »
Cool stuff. :tup Unfortunately that music wasn't as memorable to me apparently, as I had trouble remembering the original music.

In other news, I don't know if this has been posted before, but honest Pokemon trailer.... holy lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMq-FyDBeBA
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1656 on: February 25, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
Oh hey, people haven't been talking in this thread. I recently completed a string arrangement of the all-too-famous Lavender Town theme.

:tup

Love the Lavender Town theme.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1657 on: February 24, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »
Ressurrecting this after a year, to confess my love for Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow. Not a video-game guy, but I played those games a hell lot from ages 11 to 13 - they are probably my favourite games (along with Worms World Party). My best friend at the time got into the game as well, so one day I bought a cheap link cable, and we fought to each other/traded whenever we could. I remember feeling so happy having my Haunter and Kadabra evolved upon trading, since Ghost/Psychic were my favourites.

I played a bit of Pokémon Gold too, but it already felt too much then (it seemed like a cool game, though). In my late teens I lost interest and I haven't cared about any other game generation released since (I don't even know how many there are).

The first generation is so amazing to me. In fact, with my current best friend (who was also into the game a lot) we have this idea to write/record music inspired in the game (possibly referencing some original music too). If/when we get to have it ready for public listening, I'll probably post it here for anyone interested.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1658 on: February 24, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
To me, Pokemon Gold/Silver was the sweet spot. It was built just like the original generation, but was perfectly polished for its day. I can't get into the new stuff. I bought a 3DS-XL for Pokemon Y and stopped playing after about 9 hours.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1659 on: February 24, 2016, 04:35:29 PM »
I'm still totally into the series even though I started playing the games when I was 7. I had my pops camp out with me to get my first Gameboy and Pokemon Blue. I have zero desire to get the re-releases though. They've come soooo far in fixing really unpolished mechanics (or outright glitches), evolving (ha) features to make it more player-friendly and have still in my eyes perfectly kept the core essence of the series, the design, and all around atmosphere of what it originally set out to create. There's duds, sure, but people let nostalgia fuck with them so much and most of the time don't even realize it... They'll bitch about an ice-cream or gear Pokemon but don't mention the fact that fucking Voltorb and two nearly identical blobs of mud, two different crabs...it's just crazy. For the most part I love them all, even the duds and less inspired ones. Sometimes just to spite the people that have a shit fit over it.  :xbones

(Not to say this to anyone here, it's just a general fairly popular generalization to make based solely on rose-tinted glasses)

I'm nearing 200 hours in ORAS and have 150 in X/Y so suffice it to say that I'm still into the series. It's one of the very few gaming series I'm invested in still so I suppose given it's one of the only ones I play, it makes sense I'm all in. Just recently I'm getting into the shiny addiction though. I don't know why but it's so satisfying and great. I'm just about finished catching them all and then the shiny charm will be miiiiine!

A Pokemon Direct was announced recently even though it's gonna be short. I'm sure the new generation and/or at least a new game (Z?) will be announced fairly soon. I can't wait for it! That, plus the monthly distributions of Legendary pokemon that haven't been distributed (in the US) in AGES is fucking fantastic. I really though I'd never get myself a Darkrai or a Victini (and I'm not into cheating or hacking for these games...kind of ruins the point to me). Bout damn time. What a perfect way to celebrate 20 years.

Shiny Mr. Mime for the win.

RIP DTP.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1660 on: February 24, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »
I seem to be one of the few who feels that the games have gotten better over the years. ORAS, the most recent entries, are almost perfect mechanically. I like Gen I for what it is, but I'd never want to play it (or anything before Gen IV, for that matter) competitively.

As someone who feels that the main story is the stuff you rush through to get to the real game, I couldn't be happier with the current generation of Pokemon.

And Tio, I finished my Living Pokedex in October. It is one of the most satisfying gaming achievements I have ever achieved. Good luck!  :tup

However, the Shiny Charm does not affect Shiny chances from bred Pokemon. If you hunt Shinies via the Masuda Method, you won't need to obtain it to maximize your chances.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1661 on: February 24, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »
Word to that. X/Y took a bit of a step back but I can totally understand that considering it was such a fucking pleasure seeing and playing everything in 3D for the first time and knowing that they actually got it right and that pretty much none of the magic and retro feel was lost in the transition from pixel art to 3D.

But yeah in terms of mechanics...worlds apart.

Nice, Rand! Thanks.

Whaaa- Are you sure? I'm pretty positive that it does help and thought that was actually one of the original uses for it. A quick Googling on a few sites says it does. I mean granted, I'm going to have to be really bored one day to truly sit down and do one, I've never had the patience and have always done horde/fishing/friend safari but one of these days I'm going to do it; I just wouldn't ever want to without the charm. Granted...even though, mathematically, it absolutely helps, it's still almost entirely up to whether RNG wants to screw you or not.  :lol

But I haven't found any sites saying it doesn't work. I've always thought it did. That'd be horrible if it didn't... But like I said in the long run it probably won't affect me all that much given my proclivity towards the more active hunting. I'm about to give up on this Heatran after getting a shiny Azelf within less than 100 SRs. I haven't been keeping up with the counts exactly though, I just assumed it'd be over a 1,000 and then got dem feels when I got Azelf crazy fast. Should've known...the RNG only gives once per million. :millahhhh

I think a lot of people get confused with the odds thinking that the 1 in whatever-it-is (depending on a shiny charm or not) means that you're guaranteed to get 1 in whatever when in reality it's...you have the chance of 1 in whatever to get one, meaning you could still hatch a million eggs and not get one if your luck is just that shitty.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:35:58 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Randaran

« Reply #1662 on: February 24, 2016, 06:06:12 PM »
I got that information from a Smogon study.

The Masuda Method greatly increases your chances of finding a shiny via breeding, but the Shiny Charm doesn't make it more likely on top of that. The item only helps with wild encounters. I'm pretty sure that this change started in Gen VI.

I breed for semi-competitive play (uni club, rather than official tournaments), and have gotten a few shinies in the process. I prefer doing it this way, as the Pokemon can then have good IVs, Egg Moves, and their Hidden Abilities.

It really is luck. I've hatched a few hundred eggs deliberately going for shiny Feebas with no success, and got a shiny Eevee, now Sylveon, within 20 eggs while breeding for competitive Sylveon.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1663 on: February 24, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »
Ahhhhh what the fuuuuuck!?

I'm seeing more reports that say it works than it doesn't but then again those sites don't have either the stats of that thread or the backing of the Smogon name, but the fact it's not confirmed 100% is sketchy; I also read that translation weirdness a few times as well, that's pretty odd... Definitely sounds like a no considering that the shiny rate apparently increases quite a bit and is noticeable if you're hunting in the wild but it seems to be hard to tell if it even works with MM; you'd think it'd be utterly apparent. That right there should say enough... Hrm.

It is pretty odd though that some people are all "yeah it definitely helps" and others say "eh, not so much". I mean, it is good to know that I'll have a bit more of a chance with these Legendaries though, which is what I'm excited most for right now. One day though I hope to get my shiny Rotom without withering away at my 3DS.

RIP DTP.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1664 on: February 24, 2016, 07:48:59 PM »
Holy crap! Just reading through what you posted makes me feel so embarrased with my liking of Pokémon Blue. It's as if I feel intelligent for knowing how to multiply, while you are talking about black holes and stuff. 'Masuda's method'? That sounds like something Andrew Wiles might have used to prove Fermat's Theorem.

On that topic: I remember I was never able to complete the Pokédex in Blue. I tried, though, and I think I got to 122. It was hard, because there weren't many other people around who played the game.

Overall, what's the ammount you have to catch to complete the Pokédex in the latest generation? How long did it take you?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1665 on: February 24, 2016, 08:06:04 PM »
 :lol I am just now starting to wrap my head around the hidden complexities of breeding to make a truly powerful mon (though not quite competitive yet...especially since my WiFi will be on the fritz for a while...er...lemme amend that...WIFI THAT NINTY WILL ACCEPT hashtag Wireless N) and the horrific beauty of Shiny hunting.

For as much as people say that Pokemon is for kids (and it totally is on the surface) there is shit in here that as a kid I couldn't even bother trying to comprehend, let alone giving a single care in the world about. Only now as an adult in my immense boredom and clutching for something to be addicted to that won't ruin my life am I now seeing the beauty of such insanity.

The newest Pokedex is considered complete at a whopping 705 monsters. You don't need certain event Legendary mons but I think the actual total now is up to 719...officially, I believe. Maybe 720 or 721 if we count the mon we actually know of and that are announced but not out yet.

It's nuts. You really have to be crazy to do this. I was a dummy and sold my old school systems and games so I didn't even have the added benefit of being an OG Pokegeek. Well not entirely true, I have my original Pokemon Crystal but it's useless for current generation, sadly. Plus it's battery died...  :sadpanda:

RIP DTP.

Offline Randaran

« Reply #1666 on: February 24, 2016, 08:58:03 PM »
Overall, what's the ammount you have to catch to complete the Pokédex in the latest generation? How long did it take you?

Right now, it's at 720 if you count event legendaries, with a 721st that has not been distributed yet. My Living Dex is 100% legit except for most of the events (I found legit Celebi and Darkrai on the used copy of Y I bought, and got Hoopa from the McDonalds distribution in November. I had to extract and edit my save data for the others). I picked up my Mews earlier this month, and will be able to replace all my fake events with legitimate ones by the end of the year.

As for how long it took... well, it's complicated. I went for a Living Dex instead of a National Pokedex completion. This means that, rather than simply having the Pokedex entry of every Pokemon, I have a copy of all 720 'mons in my in-game PC. So, rather than having a Charmander that I evolve to Charizard to obtain all of its family's Pokedex entries, I have to breed it in order to have both Charmander and Charmeleon as well. This adds a significant chunk of time to the quest.

The other issue is legendaries. If you are not interested in keeping a copy of every Pokemon, you can just chain trade Pokemon on the GTS to obtain their 'Dex entries, and then swap that out for another Pokemon. I had to keep my legendary Pokemon. In order to do this, you need to be familiar with the GTS 'economy', if you want to call it that. You slowly trade up in value until you get the Pokemon you want. A path I found reliable is to start with a Pokemon that is easy, but kind of tedious, to obtain. For example, I personally used Sylveon -> Gallade -> Dusknoir -> Magmortar -> literally any Pokemon in the game, including in-game lengendaries. I used this path to get the Gen IV trade evolutions, which are IMO an even bigger pain in the ass than legends.

So, how long would it take? I completed my Living Dex after about 120 hours in AS, and an additional 30 or so in Y. Without the Blissy bases I used for exp, it would have taken much longer. If you go for a simple National Pokedex completion, you can finish it relatively quickly, as you can obtain all of the rare Pokemon through a single instance of the trade chain described above rather than a separate one for each Pokemon. If I was focused solely on completing my National Dex, without worrying about retaining a copy of every Pokemon, I could probably do it in less than 100 hours from a blank save.

Gen I is probably one of the harder (not time consuming, though) Pokedex completions. This was before breeding, so you would have to reset the game multiple times for Eevee.

:lol I am just now starting to wrap my head around the hidden complexities of breeding to make a truly powerful mon (though not quite competitive yet...especially since my WiFi will be on the fritz for a while...er...lemme amend that...WIFI THAT NINTY WILL ACCEPT hashtag Wireless N) and the horrific beauty of Shiny hunting.

Once I actually learned how to breed, it ended up being much simpler than I had thought. Building strong Pokemon from scratch is really rewarding and fun; it's the team design aspect that I have trouble with. All of this metagame stuff is really confusing, and there are so many little things to keep in mind that I still find it overwhelming. And this is for play in a University club; VGC is a whole 'nother world entirely. Due to mechanical improvements in Gen VI, competitive play is much easier to get into than ever before, and doing so is still a daunting prospect.  :lol

I definitely feel you on the internet bit; the only place near campus that offers 3DS compatible Wi-Fi is McDonalds, where I do not want to venture for obvious reasons.

For as much as people say that Pokemon is for kids (and it totally is on the surface) there is shit in here that as a kid I couldn't even bother trying to comprehend, let alone giving a single care in the world about. Only now as an adult in my immense boredom and clutching for something to be addicted to that won't ruin my life am I now seeing the beauty of such insanity.

Yeah, I would not have had the patience to deal with this sort of thing when I first played Pokemon in Elementary School.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1667 on: February 26, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »
Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon have been confirmed.

Offline Randaran

« Reply #1668 on: February 26, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

Apparently, Pokemon from the Gen I 3DS releases can be transferred to Gen VII via Pokemon Bank. Considering how the stat system was completely changed between generations II and III, I wonder how Gamefreak will accomplish this. IVs, EVs, Natures and so on didn't exist in Gen I.

Though this does mean that Mew can easily be obtained from this point forward.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1669 on: February 26, 2016, 10:57:39 AM »
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAAAIIIIIN!

Fucking spectacular. I said just yesterday that I'd get Blue/Red/Yellow if they allowed transfer to the current gen but that it would never happen for that exact reason and the work that would have to be put in to make it happen. So. Fucking. Awesome. And intriguing, I'm wondering how that'll work as well. I can't wait for this shit to really get rolling and for the new mons to be shown.

I'm guessing for IVs/Natures, it'll randomly apply the stats the moment they're transferred into Gen VII just like it's applied for normal Pokemon the moment they're 'spawned'. As for EVs...that is the real intriguing stat... I have no idea how they'll handle a level 100 mon being transferred into VII short of the monster just being weirdly weak compared to post-EV mons. Maybe just have to do a whole lot of out of battle EV training, but that would suck so hard.  :lol
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:17:58 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1670 on: February 26, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
Pokemon games have been collecting dust for awhile now for me. Haven't felt the need to finish one since Platinum. Definitely sitting this one out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:49:15 PM by Dark Castle »

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1671 on: February 26, 2016, 12:42:47 PM »
Pokemon games have been collecting dust from me for awhile now. Never feel compelled to finish them. Definitely sitting this one out.

I haven't finished a game since silver, but I still buy every new generation  :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1672 on: February 26, 2016, 12:50:51 PM »
Selling my 3ds a few months ago made this an easy decision for me  :lol

Offline Randaran

« Reply #1673 on: February 26, 2016, 01:53:05 PM »
As for EVs...that is the real intriguing stat... I have no idea how they'll handle a level 100 mon being transferred into VII short of the monster just being weirdly weak compared to post-EV mons. Maybe just have to do a whole lot of out of battle EV training, but that would suck so hard.  :lol

A Pokemon does need to gain exp earn EVs; participation in battle is enough. On that note, Pokerus + Power Item + Hoard Training. You'll be done in less than 10 minutes.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1674 on: April 04, 2016, 06:13:44 PM »
I've started playing Pokémon Yellow for the first time in 5+ years, but this time I decided to try to have every possible Pokémon in the game. Unfortunately, there's no one else with a Game Boy around, so it's impossible for me to have some Pokémon(such as Electabuzz or Magmar).

So, a few days ago I did some research (in the Bulbapedia wiki), and I discovered that, by myself (and with in-game trades), I'm able to have 129. Not bad at all!
(My previous record was 122 on Blue, but that time I traded with a friend to have Gengar, Alakazam, etc.)

It's a lot of hard work, but I don't think I've enjoyed the games as much as I do now. I started yesterday, and I'm already on 45. Except for a few exceptions, what I do is catch the small Pokémon and leave their evolutions for later - my plan is to defeat the Elite Four over and over again, with 2 aims:

1. For my small Pokémon to evolve by quickly gaining experience when switched for my stronger ones in battles.
2. To obtain as much money as needed to be able to buy Porygon (I did the math, and it costs 200k in cash).

So, I'm open to suggestions. For instance - would you consider trying to catch Scyther/Pinsir in the Safari Zone, or wasting a lot of time buying coins to obtain them in the Game Corner?

What about Chansey? I know it's available earliest in the Safari Zone, but it's hard as hell to catch it. Is there an optimal combination of Balls/Rock/Bait that I can use? Or is it better to just look for it in Cerulean Cave?

By the way, I'm not interested in exploiting glitches (which I did a lot in the past for Rare Candys :P).

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: so far, my favourite is Mr. Mime (which I obtained from an in-game trade). I forgot that other trainers' Pokémon grow faster! Plus, Psychic (and Ghost) type Pokémon have always been my favourites.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1675 on: April 08, 2016, 12:11:07 PM »
UPDATE:

So, my count right know is 126! :) I have to evolve my Dragonair into Dragonite (which will take me some 4 or 5 extra Elite Four rounds), and catch Tangela and Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone (which looked really hard when I tried yesterday), and that's it for non-trade.

As for trade, I realized I'll need both Red & Blue (or Gold/Silver). It looks like it's gonna be hard finding people with both games, a Game Boy and a Link Cable willing to sell/lend, but I haven't lost my hope yet. My parents are visiting Miami / Jacksonville next month, so hopefully they are able to find any of that there.

I've already posed the question in another thread, but if any of you knows of a store in those cities which sells all of that, and can share the info (address, website), that'd mean a lot.

By the way, I've been reading about Gold/Silver, and I think I'm interested enough to give them another chance (a friend lent me his Gold cartridge when I was 12, and I played a bit, but quickly abandoned it).

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1676 on: April 08, 2016, 12:18:16 PM »
UPDATE:

So, my count right know is 126! :) I have to evolve my Dragonair into Dragonite (which will take me some 4 or 5 extra Elite Four rounds), and catch Tangela and Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone (which looked really hard when I tried yesterday), and that's it for non-trade.

As for trade, I realized I'll need both Red & Blue (or Gold/Silver). It looks like it's gonna be hard finding people with both games, a Game Boy and a Link Cable willing to sell/lend, but I haven't lost my hope yet. My parents are visiting Miami / Jacksonville next month, so hopefully they are able to find any of that there.

I've already posed the question in another thread, but if any of you knows of a store in those cities which sells all of that, and can share the info (address, website), that'd mean a lot.

By the way, I've been reading about Gold/Silver, and I think I'm interested enough to give them another chance (a friend lent me his Gold cartridge when I was 12, and I played a bit, but quickly abandoned it).

In the event you can't find someone, you can get a gameboy color, a link cable, and a copy of blue/red on Ebay for about $50.

Also, Gold/Silver is easily my favorite of the franchise.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1677 on: April 08, 2016, 08:00:13 PM »
HeartGold/SoulSilver are still my favorites of the franchise. Perfect remakes to what were pretty much already perfect games.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1678 on: April 08, 2016, 11:40:37 PM »
Wow, I feel like a happy little girl right now! Just half an hour ago, I was able to catch Kangaskhan and Tangela on the same visit to the Safari Zone, and it was ridiculously easy - I caught the first of each that appeared. It's weird how these things work in the Safari - you might try hard 10 times without any luck, yet later on it becomes a piece of cake.

Before that, I had evolved my Dragonair into Dragonite. All in all, I defeated the Elite Four 23 times, 7 of which were used to quickly grow my small Dratini since level 15. It was a lot of time and hard work (and it sometimes got a little boring), but it was worth it! (In the process, I was also able to get my Mr. Mime to level 79. Not bad :)).

So now, my Pokédex reads "Seen: 146 / Own: 129", which - from what I understand - is as far as one can go in Yellow by oneself. The 'unseen' Pokémon - which don't appear anywhere in the game - are Golem, Electabuzz, Magmar and Omastar (eventhough I revived Kabuto, Omanyte's data was also loaded when checking the one in Fuchsia). Obviously, to see/get those - and the rest - I'll have to keep looking for another Game Boy, the other games, and a cable. It's like the hunting never ends! :P

On a more positive note, I just read that you don't need to have Mew in order to receive the diplomma in Generation I. That's such a relief for me, because I had started to worry all this hard work was never gonna pay off in the end.

In the event you can't find someone, you can get a gameboy color, a link cable, and a copy of blue/red on Ebay for about $50.
That sounds like a good deal if you ask me! Do you think they ship to Argentina? Is it usually delivered on time/conditions? I've never ordered anything from those type of sites.

Also, Gold/Silver is easily my favorite of the franchise.
HeartGold/SoulSilver are still my favorites of the franchise. Perfect remakes to what were pretty much already perfect games.
Reading those comments makes me more confident I will like Gold/Silver (if I'm lucky to find a copy). Earlier today, I read that the game is actually two-in-one, since you go back to Kanto after winning Johto. I didn't know that, and now I'm more interested in playing it. There will be so much new stuff to learn.

By the way, I've also read that those games consumed batteries way faster (since the game had much more going on, like the clock and radio). Would you say that's true? Did you change batteries constantly when playing?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1679 on: July 07, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »
Went to play Pokemon Go and the servers are down. How sad. Thought they'd expect this to happen and would be prepared.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD