Author Topic: The Pokémon Thread v. Sun and Moon [Friend Codes in OP]  (Read 251546 times)

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: The Pokémon Thread v. Black and White [Friend Codes in OP]
« Reply #1505 on: August 19, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »
That looks great. The series with ash felt more like a kid thing.  This on the other hand feels more serious.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1506 on: August 19, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
I would be absolutely gushing in my weiner hole if this were an entire anime series, but I think it's either an OVA or a movie, which would still be amazing, but they really should think about taking a page from the entirely exaggerated Hollywood style and do a reboot that would actually benefit the series.

Either way, I'm excited. Great stuff! X and Y, new anime, movie or otherwise, this is going to be an awesome year and a half for pokemon.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1507 on: August 20, 2013, 11:45:16 PM »

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1508 on: August 21, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »
I would be absolutely gushing in my weiner hole if this were an entire anime series, but I think it's either an OVA or a movie, which would still be amazing, but they really should think about taking a page from the entirely exaggerated Hollywood style and do a reboot that would actually benefit the series.

Either way, I'm excited. Great stuff! X and Y, new anime, movie or otherwise, this is going to be an awesome year and a half for pokemon.

I have a feeling it's going to be an OVA series not unlike Hellsing Ultimate. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it were to be extended into a full-fledged series of some sort if it gets a huge reaction from fans either.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1509 on: August 21, 2013, 06:35:22 AM »
So two days ago I scored a 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land and Pokemon Platinum. Got everything for $200 with tax included. Bring on X and Y!!

Demo footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4c7n6WUO8
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:25:57 PM by Chino »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1510 on: August 21, 2013, 01:55:46 PM »
:caffeine:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1511 on: September 04, 2013, 02:39:37 PM »

:metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1512 on: September 04, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1513 on: September 04, 2013, 05:37:13 PM »
I like how their artwork is oldschool; absolutely awesome. Granted, Blastoise looks a little odd but the in-game (totally almost put 'sprites') characters look amazingly badass. I cannot wait to have my starter as a Squirtle!! I'll get a new one on my second playthrough, and it's gonna feel weird playing a new game with an old starter, but with the new moves, 3D effects and models, it's going to be like new. ASPOEIHASLDFKJGAS;LDJFA;SLKF I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!

Oh yeah and fucking hell yes to the Pokemon cloud storage they have. Also fuck the people that complain about 5 dollars A YEAR for storage. That's amazing. I mean, if you're a serious Pokemon player, then that is one hell of a deal. That means all my hard work in Black 2 hasn't been for nothing. I just assumed that all the pokemon I'd have were done and gone and had accepted that I was just killing time, which was my original intention when buying it till I fell in love with the game... So hell yes!!

It comes out on Christmas in Japan (ironic), but hasn't been announced for the US yet (though certainly it will), however I'm betting it'll be either the same day or very, very close given that, well...it's based entirely online as an app so, there's not much region-locking going on there. Either way, it'll be nice to have a team built completely of new (er...and the original starters) pokemon and then once I'm at an acceptable level, transfer my badass guys I've been building for a year. This, honestly, is the addition I was waiting for, this just solidified me as a Pokemon player for years to come if they keep this thing running and consistent.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:18:19 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1514 on: September 04, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »
You can choose squirtle as a starter?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1515 on: September 04, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
Yep, the original starters will be available to actually start out with instead of the new ones. How fucking incredible is that!? It's like they're giving the gift of love to the people who haven't truly been invested in this series since the start... :metal :heart :heart :heart

Ed: The only thing I'm iffy on is that you may in fact start out with two Pokemon...one of the new starts and one of the original starters. This would be an incredible first for the series and it's something I doubt, but that would indeed be awesome. Either way, Professor Sycamore will give you the original starter. I'm okay with still having one starter from either the originals or one new starter, but if we could have both...wow...that'd be spectacular!

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1516 on: September 04, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »
GTFO!

That's amazing! I love Charmander, but I always picked Bulbasaur since it made the first two gyms easy as fuck.

Decisions decisions.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1517 on: September 04, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »
Right  :lol

I'm definitely going with Squirtle simply because it was my original starter, got'sa have dat nostalgia runnin' up in hurr. If we're able to choose two starters... I think I'll go with Fennekin and Squirtle, makes sense to have opposites. But I really doubt that, it'd make the starting dungeon basically nullified. I'm thinking that what happens is that you get a starter, one of the new ones, and later on (though I'm betting by the second or third town) you get the option to chose one of the original starters as one of your first 'secondary' pokemon. No other official information is out on the specifics though. Although...I'm not aware of the characters names yet, I'm assume Sycamore is the starting professor, but if not then that right there is an indication that it will be later.

Also...the Pokemon Bank, which is the app that lets you transfer your Pokemon (of any generation) to X/Y will be able to hold...3,000 Pokemon. I was worried about storage before...now I'm thinking who the fuck is gonna use all that space!?  :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1518 on: September 04, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »
The ability to choose a classic Pokemon AND a new Pokemon as a starting pair would be magical.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1519 on: September 04, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »
What they've said is that your friend gives you your XY starter, and then the professor gives you an RB starter a little later. I'd imagine this is after the first gym, maybe second? Level ten or so - but we don't know anything, really. I imagine it's in the same sense that pansage, pansear and panpour were all options to round out your BW team when you reached the Dreamyard. Help keep the gym leaders from fucking you over with elemental rock-paper-scissors. That was about twenty, thirty minutes in but still pre-first gym.

Still! Very, very cool. The first time in a very long time that we'll be rocking bulbasaurs from the top. I'd been eyeing up froakie, so I suppose charmander would make some sense to cover his back.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1520 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
WAHHHH GUYS I WANNA POKEMON WITH YOUR POKEMON WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAH WAH WAHW AH

RIP DTP.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1521 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »
Here's what I picture with Mega Blastoise: Uppercut > Instant blast of super pressurized water from arm cannon > Enemy's brains all over the ceiling.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1522 on: September 05, 2013, 12:16:40 AM »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1523 on: September 10, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »
SO I bought a 3DS XL about two weeks ago in anticipation of X and Y. I've been playing Platinum. Such a good game. I'm about 18 hours in and have gotten the first 5 badges. This is the first time I've really sat down and played a game since Silver/Gold. These have come such a long way. I can't wait for X and Y!!

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1524 on: September 11, 2013, 06:27:46 AM »
next week ill be getting a 3ds

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1525 on: September 11, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »
I got mine used (practically new) at a pawn shop with super Mario 3d land and pokemon platinum for $200... Tax included. I was satisfied.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1526 on: September 11, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »
The 6th gen is officially the best gen.

Loving the new starter evolutions

Possible (unlikely) chance of dual-typed attacks (take this with a grain of salt)

Fossil pokemon revealed (the rock-ice one HAS AN ABILITY TO TURN ALL OF ITS NORMAL ATTACKS INTO ICE TYPE ATTACKS. WHAT THE HELL)

There's a pokemon that halves physical attacks, and its fur can be shaved how the player wants it to be shaved.

There is a pokemon where the gender makes a HUGE difference in its movepool/appearance.

Fairy is officially supereffective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and is immune to Dragon. Poison and Steel are supereffective against it. I don't feel like typing the notveryeffective things.

SO MUCH
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1527 on: September 11, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »
Aw, I'm glad Poison has something new it's effective against. Always felt like the "joke" type, y'know? I appreciate how they're using Fairy type to try and balance a bit more.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1528 on: September 12, 2013, 05:18:36 PM »
Aw, I'm glad Poison has something new it's effective against. Always felt like the "joke" type, y'know? I appreciate how they're using Fairy type to try and balance a bit more.
It's an excellent defensive type. Weezing's only weakness has been psychic for the last ten years, and the psychic-type is ever diminishing in competitive value. Poison's a great bulky type - but, yes, always been really shoddy, attack-wise. Making it strong against grass, and then giving every grass-type except Tangela a secondary poison type was very, very cruel in the first generation - and it's now only been super effective against one poxy type for the best part of fifteen years.

With its resistance to dragon, I feel like fairy could become pretty essential - and as a counter to fairy, I think poison's gonna be as good as it's ever been, too. Only good news for it. Which I'm happy about, because they've always been so badass. They were dark before dark were dark. Dark tries too hard to look brooding and tortured, it's all about the image. Poison is anarchic - they don't give a fuck. Poison's punk.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1529 on: September 12, 2013, 05:28:18 PM »

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1530 on: September 12, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »
Ha - there we go!! Case in point! Seriously, pick any of them. Stunky, cool. Qwilfish, cool.  Nidorina - how disappointed are her parents?! "She used to be such a nice girl!"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1531 on: September 12, 2013, 08:07:39 PM »
I just preordered X! Or was it Y?

I think it was X

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1532 on: October 12, 2013, 03:08:30 PM »
How has there been no activity in this thread for the entire month before release!?

Just picked up the game on my lunch break, had a chance to wander around Vaniville a bit but haven't left yet.

Having only played Red, Blue, Yellow, and Soul Silver (only 20 hours on that), I'm already enjoying the improved visuals.

I'll have more thoughts later, but for now, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1533 on: October 12, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
I know right? I will be picking my copy up sometime this afternoon after work. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1534 on: October 12, 2013, 03:17:01 PM »
My copy of Y  is sitting on the kitchen table. I'm not really sure why I haven't tried it yet. I think it's because I still have unfinished business with GTA-V

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1535 on: October 12, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
honestly I am debating whether or not I should finish Black 2 before playing Y.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1536 on: October 12, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
Did you guys pick Y for any particular reason?  I picked up X because of  Mega Charizard X*.

*The Mega Stone for Charizard X is only available in X, but can be traded to Y.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1537 on: October 12, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »
I couldn't decide... so I asked the 10yr old who went to the store with me.  She said Y because it's prettier. :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1538 on: October 12, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
honestly I am debating whether or not I should finish Black 2 before playing Y.

Maybe that's it for me as well. I haven't even finished Premium.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1539 on: October 12, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »
I couldn't get into D/P/Pl

I think I got half way through Platinum before I decided to pick up Black 1.

I am trying to figure out what I have left to do in B2. I guess I need to catch N's dragon dude and the ice dragon dude...

(as you can tell I gave up and keeping up with names.)

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"