Author Topic: The Pokémon Thread v. Sun and Moon [Friend Codes in OP]  (Read 250672 times)

Offline robwebster

Re: The Pokémon Thread v. Black and White [Friend Codes in OP]
« Reply #1365 on: January 08, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
Being an artist, and a pixel artist at that, I'm quite sad to see the pixel art/sprites go. They've been there since the beginning when I was so young and first caught a Caterpie. Now, the fancy 3D is taking over. While I'm happy to see a new direction, I will certainly miss the era of pixel art games--truly a dying form. Ah, well. Grandly excited for the new generation, which came out of nowhere, I might add. Hopefully it'll do just what Black and White did and feel like a re-invention of Red, Blue, and Yellow. Looking forward to it.
I'm with you on that - but then, we've had two games of sprite art on consoles capable of 3D. The pixel stuff, though I will miss it terribly, had a bloody good innings.

The cel stuff does look beautiful, though. And I'm sure they'll bring it back one day. Even just for side-games, or the party icons - I can't imagine Pokémon without pixels. It's such a huge part of the aesthetic. Very brave to be moving on. I like brave, though. Brave's exciting. BW was all the better for the risks it took, and XY looks like it's going to be all the weirder. Can't wait. And again - this is less than a year away!! Simultaneous release. God, the world really is getting smaller, isn't it?

In the meanwhile? 100-odd fellas to be revealed over the coming nine months, all of them spriteless. You know what needs to be done. q:

Fucking hell. I still need to play Black/White.  :lol
Yes! Yes, you do!

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #1366 on: January 08, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
I also need a DS.  :P
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #1367 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »
Being an artist, and a pixel artist at that, I'm quite sad to see the pixel art/sprites go. They've been there since the beginning when I was so young and first caught a Caterpie. Now, the fancy 3D is taking over. While I'm happy to see a new direction, I will certainly miss the era of pixel art games--truly a dying form. Ah, well. Grandly excited for the new generation, which came out of nowhere, I might add. Hopefully it'll do just what Black and White did and feel like a re-invention of Red, Blue, and Yellow. Looking forward to it.
I'm with you on that - but then, we've had two games of sprite art on consoles capable of 3D. The pixel stuff, though I will miss it terribly, had a bloody good innings.

The cel stuff does look beautiful, though. And I'm sure they'll bring it back one day. Even just for side-games, or the party icons - I can't imagine Pokémon without pixels. It's such a huge part of the aesthetic. Very brave to be moving on. I like brave, though. Brave's exciting. BW was all the better for the risks it took, and XY looks like it's going to be all the weirder. Can't wait. And again - this is less than a year away!! Simultaneous release. God, the world really is getting smaller, isn't it?

In the meanwhile? 100-odd fellas to be revealed over the coming nine months, all of them spriteless. You know what needs to be done. q:

I'm sure a team of artists will assemble themselves and sprite all of the new Pokemon, perhaps I'll join in, haha. At the least, I'll probably sprite the frog starter, I'm so excited to see its' evolutions!

It coming out--worldwide--in what will seem like no time at all, is absolutely mad. Game Freak and Nintendo are really picking the Pokemon franchise up!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1368 on: January 08, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
And the best bit - neither of the legendaries look like dragons!! Because seriously, how many dragons?! I don't know what happened after generation III. Overkill! I liked them better when they were rare.

Also, anyone expecting any new evolutions for old pokemon? Given that they skipped a generation. I'd prefer an all-new dex, and have a hunch that's what they'll go for anyway, but there are some cats I'd love to see upgraded. I'd like Farfetch'd to evolve into an absolutely stupendous pokemon that looks exactly the same but carries a slightly thornier stick. And I've always thought Kangaskhan should have a male counterpart, and that the little kid it carries around should be its own pokemon that evolves into a Kang of the corresponding gender.

Course, the 3DS supports DLC, doesn't it? So by bringing everything onto the 3DS, they might be able to add more Pokémon as and when they feel like it. Ah! Possibilities. This is the best bit.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1369 on: January 08, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
MY BODY IS READY.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #1370 on: January 08, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
Well, looks like I'm gonna have to buy a 3DS.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1371 on: January 09, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »
Watched the XY trailer.

First of all... I never got through B&W. (honestly couldnt even get through D&P)... and I honestly forgot that B&W 2 came out... And I am not really a fan of the name of the new games...

but

Watching the trailer still gave me the same goosebumps I got when G&S came out. The same goosebumps when I picked up my preordered copy of Saphire when it came out.

lol pokemans
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1372 on: January 09, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!11!!!11onetwothreefourfivesix

Finally. I have been waiting for this for so god damn long. I haven't been involved in the Pokemon community for years; nor have I been excited for a release for just as long. It felt dull, uninspired, and all around seemed to have lost it's flare. I figured I'd never get back into the mix. But this has done it; it's finally new and fresh, just as mystical and open as the first time I turned on my big, gray brick and chose my Squirtle so long ago. The legendary Pokemon they displayed are original and innovative (I absolutely love the 'X' deer), and for the love of all that is holy I did not see one tree-Pokemon, or a fucking tampon with eyeballs; it all looks completely inspired and wonder-like again.

I can't wait till October..and boy will it be a hard wait. But this is just amazing, I was truly starting to believe that they would never innovate again, forever stuck in that pixel past. It was great, and I'll miss all of the pixel-art and the lovely little sprites, but this is long overdue. It's going to bring back a fantastic new sense of adventure for those like me who've been there from the start, but it will certainly serve to usher in a new era of Pokemon fans all over the world with its simultaneous release and beautiful 3D graphics. Just from that short trailer, so much was shown; the great dynamic camera angles used in battle; all kinds of innovative environments that will no doubt use the 3D to its maximum potential (lolCLU); a fresh, exciting take on the new attacks and abilities of Pokemon, finally showcasing what they're really capable of (and I can see the face of PAIN on my opponents); and last but not least, I will finally be able to see the Pokemon jump out at me out of the grass! Things that seem so insignificant to some are the reasons I'll be preordering this the moment I can. All these little things will breathe life back into a franchise that I felt was dying a very slow, monotonous death.

I have such a Sudowoodo right now. Good riddance to that kind of thoughtless, mundane Pokemon and hello to the original inspirations that I fell in love with as a child. FINALLY! Holy crap I haven't been this excited about a video game since... I really can't remember. That's sad. But it was years ago, that much I know. European Pokemon fantasy-land here I come!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1373 on: January 09, 2013, 09:39:34 AM »
For what it's worth, I'd contend that Black and White were the freshest, most original Pokémon games since... well, Red and Blue! Lean, honed, absolutely no fat. Every inch of the formula was re-evaluated, and revised, and changed where necessary to make the games the best they could possibly be. New design philosophy, every mechanic refined, they shaved off every inch of the bloat that had been building up over four generations, and kept all the best bits that made the original games so compelling. Black and White, I'd insist, were as close as we've ever come to getting a perfect Pokémon game. Tightly crafted, tightly plotted, (of all things!!) a proper marvel.

But I do think you're right about X and Y. From what little we've got to go on, I am already incredibly excited. It does, it looks like a giant leap forward, absolutely magical.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1374 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:45 PM »
I have such a Sudowoodo right now.
I'm totally stealing that one.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1375 on: January 09, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
I have such a Sudowoodo right now.
I'm totally stealing that one.

Brilliant... Me too

I'm really hoping to see some solid online support. Full ranking systems. Tournaments. Friends lists. Etc...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:54:07 PM by Chino »

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1376 on: January 09, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
Surely, though, Sudowoodo's just pretending to be wood? It's in the name. Sudowoodo. As in, "Pseudo-wood. Oh."

At best, that must refer to half-mast. It's how you'd describe the lethargic member of a seasoned alcoholic. That's your little captain letting you down in the time of need, leaving you to steer the dinghy into the harbour by hand and pray that nobody's giving you points on technique.

In fact, if I've learnt nothing else from Pokémon Gold, Pokémon Silver, and the remakes that followed, I've learnt that a Sudowoodo is basically a liability. Worse than that, it's an actual hindrance. It's not wood. At best, it's a wobbly rock. Mother Nature's hacky-sack. If we're going to take the metaphor to its logical conclusion, what Sudowoodo is, is it's an obstacle, placed directly between you - the character - and the distinctly uterine haven that is Ecruteak City. Nobody's launching themselves up Route 37 when they've still got a Sudowoodo to deal with. It's just not practical.

Do say if I'm ruining Pokémon for anyone.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1377 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:51 PM »
Oh! Right! Also, the legendaries have names. Xernias and Yveltal. Bit clunky, think they might've left naming duty with an overexcited Scrabble enthusiast. Still, they'll sound normal in six months.

Also! X and Y. Width and height, on a standard graph. Not expecting that to come as a surprise to anyone, but I realised this next bit within the last few minutes: Xernias, the deer, is a land mammal - moves across. Width. Yveltal is a bastard-huge bird type thing - moves up. Height.

So, I'm calling it now. The third legendary of this trio, let's call him Zygreblox, will be some sort of marine creature, a water-type fellow, because the z-axis measures... depth!

That or he'll be a bishop and move diagonally. Who knows? I'm sticking with the marine creature.

ETA: Also! New prediction. Noticed Chespin is an anagram of "pinches." Got me thinking, could it evolve into Chessnat - anagram of "snatches." Because it does look like it's part chestnut, and I do reckon it'd have your wallet if you left it lying around.

ETA2: OH!!! Chestnut, hedgehog - it's a bloody chestnut hedgehog! It's a thieving chestnut hedgehog. Chespin, Cheslee, Chessnat - pinches, leeches, snatches. Grass / Dark. Tell me I'm wrong!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:36:01 PM by robwebster »

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #1378 on: January 09, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
Xernias actually sounds pretty interesting. Also, whatever you just did there, rob, it was fantastic. Send an e-mail to Nintendo this very minute, alert them of this discovery. They'll either tell you all of that is already the case, or that it's a terrible idea, which they will in turn use for their selves, proclaiming how brilliant they are.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1379 on: January 10, 2013, 02:51:24 AM »
Xernias actually sounds pretty interesting. Also, whatever you just did there, rob, it was fantastic. Send an e-mail to Nintendo this very minute, alert them of this discovery. They'll either tell you all of that is already the case, or that it's a terrible idea, which they will in turn use for their selves, proclaiming how brilliant they are.
I'm just going to leave it there for now, I think. What I'm going to do instead, is two or three months from now, when the starters' evolutions are revealed, I'm going to either dredge that post up, incredibly smug, and use it to advance a theory that I might be some sort of clairvoyant, or they'll be called Chesleaf and Chesgrass and I'll never mention it again.

Unless I'm spot on with Chesleaf and Chesgrass. Then I'm going to point out that my deliberately shit names were deliberately right, and I'll revert to plan A - "Operation: Phony Prophet."

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1380 on: January 25, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »
Cool theories. ;o

Random Gen ranking:
1. Gen 3
2. Gen 5
3. Gen 2
4. Gen 4
5. Gen 1

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1381 on: January 25, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »
Cool theories. ;o

Random Gen ranking:
1. Gen 3
2. Gen 5
3. Gen 2
4. Gen 4
5. Gen 1
Whoah, I agree completely  :tup

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1382 on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:06 PM »
Can someone explain to me in one sentence what the fuzz about Pokemon really is?

I did not grow up with Pokemon maybe that's the reason but still...it seems Pokemon is relevant for all ages or i'm just missing something because this "thing" seems to be fukin everywhere these days. Don't take this as a negative tone from me because it's absolutly not, hey we all have a kid in us*! Please enlighten me what i'm missing?  :)

*OK that may have sounded weird but you know what i mean.....
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1383 on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:25 PM »
Cool theories. ;o

Random Gen ranking:
1. Gen 3
2. Gen 5
3. Gen 2
4. Gen 4
5. Gen 1

1.Gen 2
2.Gen 3
3.Gen 5
4.Gen 4
5.Gen 1

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1384 on: January 25, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »
Can someone explain to me in one sentence what the fuzz about Pokemon really is?

I did not grow up with Pokemon maybe that's the reason but still...it seems Pokemon is relevant for all ages or i'm just missing something because this "thing" seems to be fukin everywhere these days. Don't take this as a negative tone from me because it's absolutly not, hey we all have a kid in us*! Please enlighten me what i'm missing?  :)

It's infinitely replayable; it invokes nostalgia and yet constantly renews itself; you get as much out of it as you put in, it can be as simple as rock paper scissors or as complicated as the world's most tangled chess game; its target age group is seven and up... and up, and up, and up; it's social and portable so you can take it on transport or play it with friends; a game of Pokémon never has to end, you can rack up hundreds of hours on a single playthrough and still not have all the Pokémon...

It's versatile, ever-expanding, with a concept that lends itself to a constant deluge of brand new content, and it's as simple or as complicated as the user wants it to be. It's basically the perfect portable game. There's a good reason it's been the killer app for every single console it's been released on. Expect 3DS sales to finally skyrocket this Autumn.

Cool theories. ;o

Random Gen ranking:
1. Gen 3
2. Gen 5
3. Gen 2
4. Gen 4
5. Gen 1
Not far off, here!

1. Black & White
2. Ruby & Sapphire
3. Gold & Silver / Heart Gold & Soul Silver
4. Red & Blue / Fire Red & Leaf Green
5. Diamond & Pearl

I think Generation V has felt like a renewal. Each of the previous generations took baby-steps forward, (except IV, which felt a little phoned in,) and while I have fond memories of every single generation, Generation V really examined everything that came before and trimmed all the fat until the games were as close to perfect as they've ever been. Great pokemon, no more laborious tutorials, no more frustratingly elusive TMs, no more fighting the Elite Four in sequence, no more waiting for slow text to roll out on-screen, rewards for completing the Pokédex - they put every inch of the game, no matter how minor, under a microscope and either kept it, or made it better. Nothing happened just because it happened in all the last games. Every choice was made for the benefit of the games, and that level of love, care and detail has paid off in spades.

I prefer Black and White to BW2 - only letting you catch new species was a masterstroke, gave it a completely unique vibe, nobody's looking forward to fighting hordes of Zubat for the fifth time - but the sequel thing, in itself, was innovative. BW2 feels like the Ultimate Edition. It's not quite as exciting or slick as BW was, but it's packed with loads of cool features. I hope medals come back. And Black Tower! The PWT alone has me replaying it loads - finally, all the gym leaders are powerful, scary and level-appropriate!

I did my ranking by how much I like the game, rather than by generation, because otherwise it'd just be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Each one's better than the last, because it's got everything the previous did, and more! Who'd vote for the first gen over the third? It's linked, though. Black and White are so good because they really pulled their fingers out for Generation V.

RS, I think, has the best story of any pre-BW game. The Team Magma / Team Aqua thing was very cool, and making the legendaries part of the story was a masterstroke. It felt properly exciting. Plus, I really like the map. Hoenn's lush, really like the tropical environment, and its native species are very cool, too.  There's a great atmosphere to Ruby and Sapphire.

GS and RB are self-explanatory, but DP at the bottom? Just feels like a bloated RS. Legendary overkill, all of them boring bloody dragons, a lot of slightly dull new pokemon, (Mothim! Who likes Mothim!?) the mascots are ugly and overdesigned, all feels a bit... muddy! Who enjoyed the marshes? Some good bits, I liked that the Galactic administration had names and faces, and I'm a big fan of Skuntank, Bronzong, Staraptor, but there's no innovation, a lot of caves, a lot of boring land-routes - it's just not an interesting game. The generation itself's cracking. HGSS was superb, and the physical-special split's a gamechanger, but DP just doesn't quite hit the spot for me.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1385 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »

It's infinitely replayable; it invokes nostalgia and yet constantly renews itself; you get as much out of it as you put in, it can be as simple as rock paper scissors or as complicated as the world's most tangled chess game; its target age group is seven and up... and up, and up, and up; it's social and portable so you can take it on transport or play it with friends; a game of Pokémon never has to end, you can rack up hundreds of hours on a single playthrough and still not have all the Pokémon...

It's versatile, ever-expanding, with a concept that lends itself to a constant deluge of brand new content, and it's as simple or as complicated as the user wants it to be. It's basically the perfect portable game. There's a good reason it's been the killer app for every single console it's been released on. Expect 3DS sales to finally skyrocket this Autumn.
There were games?  :omg:...had no idea, i thought it was a cartoon show or something. Thanks Rob for the heads up!  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1386 on: January 25, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
Ah - yes! They're games! Games first, the cartoon's a spin-off. Fun at the time, but very much for kids. I don't think it's the reason many of us are posting here, I'm not sure I've seen an episode since I was ten.

Yes! The games are brilliant. Possibly the most important handheld franchise in video game history - though I'd need to check stats on that one. If it's not, it's up there.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1387 on: January 25, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »
It kinda surprises me most seem to rank Gen 1 lower like me. Most people I talk to call Gen 1 the best.

Also, I love FR and LG to death but I guess that's because it was released during my favourite Gen, heh.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1388 on: January 25, 2013, 04:39:01 PM »
It kinda surprises me most seem to rank Gen 1 lower like me. Most people I talk to call Gen 1 the best.

Also, I love FR and LG to death but I guess that's because it was released during my favourite Gen, heh.
I think most people prefer it because most people have played it, and a lot of people who are the right age to answer that question grew up with it.

It's certainly the one with the most popular and iconic characters - but that's because someone who's not played Pokémon in fifteen years would still remember and love Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Rattata, Pikachu, Magikarp, Gyadaros, Charizard, Mewtwo, Ekans, Koffing, to name a few. It's remained relevant, and important, and played by many, but it's never since been as earth-shatteringly influential as it was in the late nineties. Criticisms like "Too many pokémon" aren't comments on the quality of the new games, or the imagination, it's just, "More than I can be bothered to engage with." Which is fine, but it's only an issue for people who aren't playing the games. I'd bet very few people with the new ones are saying, "This is good, but I wish there was a bit less new content."

I think the people who are still playing now X and Y have been announced are less likely to be putting Red and Blue on a pedestal. They'll praise the design, and the maps, and the innovation, and it'll always get a few bonus points for being first, but there were plenty of silly designs. Mr. Mime and Jynx are beyond ugly, half of the evolutions involved extra heads, the type system was flawed - Red and Blue are great historically, and have a lot going for them, but they're flawed games, and simply not as technically good as later games. Fine to be nostalgic, and there was a certain magic to its simplicity, but was the first generation better? Definitely and categorically, no.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1389 on: January 25, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
Not to mention I don't really like Pokemon that are just ordinary animals. Gen 1 seems to be the worst for that. Seel, Pidgey, and Krabby are good examples.

But yeah I grew up with Gen 2 myself, heh.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1390 on: January 25, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »
Another reason why I'm not a huge fan of gen 1 is because of how unbalanced the typings were. Psychic pretty much fucked shit up.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1391 on: January 25, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
Yeah Psychic was pretty much unstoppable. Also: the special attack and defense were the same stat. Was really lame.

One thing I do LOVE about Gen 4 though is that attacks finally got their own physical/special classification. Assigning one type one classification was pretty silly I found.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1392 on: January 25, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »
While I grew up with first playing Gen 1, Gen 2 is my favorite by quite a bit. I think Gen 1 suffers from "only" having 151 Pokemon, and being as short as it is. On the contrary I think newer games suffer from having too many Pokemon, but Gen 2 was pretty much perfect. Getting to revisit the old towns and gyms, Silver/Gold/Crystal was the shit. (HeartGold is pretty badass)

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1393 on: January 27, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that there's a Keldeo event for B/W 2 on Nintendo WiFi right now. You have until Feb. 12.  :hat

https://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/pokemon-black-and-white-2/#en-us/pokemon/keldeo/details-keldeo-distribution

Another Chance to Get Keldeo!

Add the strength and resolve of the Mythical Pokémon Keldeo to your Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game in a special distribution event via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection! Keldeo will be available from January 25th to February 12th, 2013. This powerful Keldeo will know the moves Sacred Sword, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, and Swords Dance.

Once you have Keldeo in your party, complete an in-game event that will teach Keldeo its signature Secret Sword move and reveal a new Form for the Pokémon! Get all the details on how to change Keldeo into its Resolute Form.

Remember, Keldeo is available only from January 25th to February 12th, 2013 so don’t miss this chance to get this awesome Pokémon!

*Wireless broadband access required for online features. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.

How to get Keldeo via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection distribution

To get Keldeo, you need:

• A Nintendo DS™, Nintendo DSi™, Nintendo DSi XL™, Nintendo 3DS™, or Nintendo 3DS XL system
    • A copy of Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2
    • No more than 11 Wonder Cards in your possession
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1395 on: February 19, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
Pretty dumb. As is all the other Harlem shake shit, whatever it's supposed to be. But maybe I just don't get it. I mean I definitely don't, I don't know where it's from or how it came to be or anything; nor do I really want to know because no matter the reason it's still dumb. I get the gist though. It's fun.

Main reason for posting: I broke my years-long streak of zero Pokemen and am playing Pokemon Black v2 to tide me over since I'm having daily convulsions not being able to play X yet. I am beside myself with how much fun this game is; this I did not expect. I can totally see how these changes spurred the revolution that will be X & Y. I see a lot of changes already (keep in mind the last true Pokemon game I played entirely through was Ruby) and while many of the pokemon designs and species have lost their flare, they're better than most of Gen IV, which I believe is almost laughable). Even though we've barely seen any of VI, the imagination seems to be there and it's looking up already. With this, it seems that they were mid-transition, still not really exploring much in design or going out on too many limbs with their creativity. But it's cool; it's new and they're beginning to take chances again.

Either way, it's gearing me up for one hell of a ride when X comes out. I cannot wait. I really can't. If I didn't have this to tide me over, right now I'd be raping my old Snorlax bean-bag that's hidden away in my attic with Misty plastered on the walls and tissues sprawled everywhere.

P.S. Sucks I just missed the Keldeo event. Damn it! I always do. I've participated in one event in my Pokemon life and it was a really shitty one. I think it was for Pokemon Heart-Gold and I can't even remember what it was... I don't think I even got a Pokemon, I think it was an item or maybe even an out-of-game accessory or something... Shitty event's goodybag is shitty.

RIP DTP.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1396 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »
Im only playing the card game now and mostly using older ones combined with new. Though actual tournament play only uses BW and forward.

I think somehow Nintendo could have branched into the os community with digital cards. Nintendo owns 40 percent of pokemon and did not allow the pokes to branch out into digi cards.
Big mistake. Card collecting os games are MASSIVE already. Majic jumped all over it.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1397 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »
Haven't read through any of the posts that aren't on this page but is any one playing this:

https://pokemon3d.net/

?

It's no where near completed but it's still pretty fun.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1398 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »
 :laugh: You should definitely read the page. It'd be cool for anyone who likes the classic pixel-art and sprites but wants a 3D perspective, which could be cool, but I wish I had a completed version of this before the real 3D Pokemon was announced, cause I just don't care now.  :lol Not to sound dismissive or anything; it's cool, but now it just makes me want Pokemon X/Y even more.

... I just noticed that the spell-check no longer underlines "Pokemon", and I just misspelled it briefly and it corrected it... Firefox knows. Pokemon.

They are real.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1399 on: February 22, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »
The truth is out Clefairys are gonna arrive from Comet Ison.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD