Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold - where do I start ?  (Read 10637 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Avenged Sevenfold - where do I start ?
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »
That's fine but you don't see me going into every Pain of Salvation thread and telling people not to listen to them.

No, I agree..neither would I....but I was trying to explain "hate" in context. I'm not defending any post.

You only do it when it's a Genesis thread   :P

GUILTY!  :lol
(They suck, too!) :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 04:45:27 PM »
I honestly think Nightmare would be a good place to start. Then Waking The Fallen (their best) and City of Evil.

Offline TheGlassPrison

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 06:35:54 PM »
I honestly think Nightmare would be a good place to start. Then Waking The Fallen (their best) and City of Evil.

agree with the first part - Nightmare is the most varied of the A7X albums. what to do after that depends on what your favorite songs from Nightmare actually are. off the top of my head, i would say something like:

"Danger Line" --> City of Evil
"Welcome to the Family" --> Avenged Sevenfold
"God Hates Us" --> Waking the Fallen

and of course, don't worry about the debut album until after getting everything else, even though it has a few really good tracks.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2010, 01:49:57 AM »
It's a fun, fast, poppy yet rocking song with an awesome... everything. Don't hate. Auto tune is fine when done right any way... though I have been known to listen to Attack Attack at times so I may be biased.

Also the closing solo is just too fun.
Sure, as I said, I quite like it. But it's hardly very representative of A7X, which is what you seemed to be intending with that list. :P

Well A Little Piece Of Heaven isn't either. What I was trying to indicate was their desire to experiment.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2010, 06:15:50 AM »
Even if someone cannot get into their previous albums, Nightmare is far more accessable. It's really a tremendous hard rock album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol