Author Topic: Kevin Moore thread  (Read 63609 times)

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
Re: Kevin Moore thread
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »
Jordan Rudess = David Gilmour

wtf is the internet?

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2009, 12:20:10 AM »
Rudess has too many flaws to be a Gilmour.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »
John Myung = Nick Mason

wtf is the internet?

Offline erik16

• The one on the right
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2009, 01:56:56 AM »
Well, the fact that KM and JP don't stay in touch anymore is sad to me as well because they were the best fiends during KM's time in DT. JP has always said that KM was such a funny guy and has probably forgotten that he still is. I have always wondered why don't JP, JLB and JM speak of Kevin publicly. Or even better why not do something different like a side-project with him. It is obvious that MP and KM don't make a good team (anymore).

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2009, 01:59:45 AM »
John Petrucci = Richard Wright

wtf is the internet?

Offline Pierced Brosnan

« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:40 AM »
KM actually spoke very graciously about MP's contributions to the first two OSI records (interview links are in the OSI threads in Music Discussion)...compare that to how MP bitched about those sessions...shouldn't be so fast to take one side of the story as Truth...
I once read an interview a few of months back where Moore was continuosly making little jokes and small digs at MP, and Dream Theater in general throughout the interview. It was a while ago, so my memory is a little faded, but that's how I remember it. I'll try to find it again at some point. :tup
The band describing John Myung:
JLB: "He's deep. He's deep in thought"
JP: "We have a deep understanding musically"
JR: "John Myung is a very deep kind of person"
MP: "John Myung is an enigma... N he's deep as fuck yo'"

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2009, 04:21:04 AM »
Yeah, dig that up!  :tup

Offline Leeb Rocks

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:44 AM »

So which one's Pink?

As this gets discussed more it seems that MP has acted just as rudely towards KM as KM is rumoured to have been towards him. Understandably it seems to be a touchy subject with Portnoy but he has blasted the guy and his work ethic several times, whilst I've yet to see a similar action from KM.

How regularly does KM perform stuff live? I know he's done the occasional show but is there any regulalarity to it?

Offline Pierced Brosnan

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2009, 05:15:55 AM »

As this gets discussed more it seems that MP has acted just as rudely towards KM as KM is rumoured to have been towards him. Understandably it seems to be a touchy subject with Portnoy but he has blasted the guy and his work ethic several times.

Yeah, MP does seem to tend to do that, but I think when KM refuses to play any one off shows with the band, kind of refuses to acknowledge his time in DT and pretty much looks down upon that style of music, even though he owes his career to it, MP would probably take that attitude as a big insult, and hurt his feelings after them being friends for a good amount of years. So when MP says, "I don't like working with him, it's boring", it's probably partly his way of putting up a kind of front to say "I don't care either" and keep his pride intact. Of course there's mainly just creative issues probably too :biggrin:
The band describing John Myung:
JLB: "He's deep. He's deep in thought"
JP: "We have a deep understanding musically"
JR: "John Myung is a very deep kind of person"
MP: "John Myung is an enigma... N he's deep as fuck yo'"

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2009, 05:43:40 AM »
Ahhhhhh the KM debate.  Good times...

I'm pretty sure everyone knows my stance at this point, but it ranges between both of them need to fucking grow up and siding with Kevin.  Depends on my mood.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2009, 06:21:17 AM »
Someone should just start an "argue about Kevin Moore" thread  :justjen

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2009, 06:28:18 AM »
Still after 15 years later commenting about Kevin is so useful to envolve our muscles of finger.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2009, 06:32:04 AM »
As much as I love Rudess, I'd love to see a lighter-rock side project that featured Kevin with James LaBrie on vocals and Steve Wilson doing guitars.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2009, 06:33:54 AM »
As much as I love Rudess, I'd love to see a lighter-rock side project that featured Kevin with James LaBrie on vocals and Steve Wilson doing guitars.

Oh.  My.  God.  THIS!!!!!! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Someone should just start an "argue about Kevin Moore" thread  :justjen

I'm pretty sure that's what this thread is all about.

Online Dream Team

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2009, 08:07:51 AM »
Kevin Moore left DT to go make weird electronic noises and sing over the top of it in a monotone drone, and has 38 fans. More power to him. At least he'll always have Images and Words to brag about  :tup.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2009, 08:45:36 AM »
KM actually spoke very graciously about MP's contributions to the first two OSI records (interview links are in the OSI threads in Music Discussion)...compare that to how MP bitched about those sessions...shouldn't be so fast to take one side of the story as Truth...
I once read an interview a few of months back where Moore was continuosly making little jokes and small digs at MP, and Dream Theater in general throughout the interview. It was a while ago, so my memory is a little faded, but that's how I remember it. I'll try to find it again at some point. :tup

You mean the one where he kept getting asked questions about DT? I wouldn't really call those subtle digs since he was just answering the questions, or is that only applicable when Portnoy does it?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »

You mean the one where he kept getting asked questions about DT? I wouldn't really call those subtle digs since he was just answering the questions, or is that only applicable when Portnoy does it?

I don't see either man at fault if they're being asked directly about it. If people are going to ask the question, I prefer the honesty over brushing off the question.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »
OK, none of us really know these guys (well, maybe some of us do).  So let's stop insulting them.

KM is not a bad guy because he left DT.
MP is not a bad guy because he isn't on the best of terms with KM.

They're both human, which is bad enough to start out with.

And also, DT fans shouldn't dislike KM just because MP says things about him.  If you don't like the music he's making now (and I don't particularly care for it myself), then that's fine.  But I don't see KM bashing as very helpful or productive.  He has his reasons for for leaving DT and going his own route, and we should all respect those reasons.

*stops rambling*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
Kevin Moore is a doody head.

*waits eagerly*

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »
This thread reminded me to tell you all that there's a teacher named Kevin Moore at my school...

How open does he seem?
Never actually met him, though I do know that he teaches Spanish...

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »
Still after 15 years later commenting about Kevin is so useful to envolve our muscles of finger.
:heart

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
Did you guys notice the fake rumours about Kevin's death that surfaced around his birthday? Scared me for a few seconds until I got my hands around the initial "source". Then I chuckled.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »
I'm interested to know who/what the source was.

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2009, 08:47:53 PM »
Kevin Moore left DT to go make weird electronic noises and sing over the top of it in a monotone drone, and has 38 fans. More power to him. At least he'll always have Images and Words to brag about  :tup.

Dude, both Chroma Key and OSI are awesome, weird electronic noises and monotonous singing or not.  :P

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2009, 08:49:05 PM »
I found out from the CK/KM forums and this link: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090527210856AA5Ivf8
But apparently someone edited his Wiki page but the edit was deleted.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »

Dude, both Chroma Key and OSI are awesome, weird electronic noises and monotonous singing or not.  :P

In fact I'd say I love KM's work because of rather than in spite of the electronic noises and his monotonous singing.

Offline Phantasmatron

• DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »

In fact I'd say I love KM's work because of rather than in spite of the electronic noises and his monotonous singing.

Well, I was disputing the "weird" and "monotone drone."  I think the electronics are cool, not weird.  And the singing is certainly distinctive, but I'd call it laid-back instead of droning. 

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »
Oh those vocals are droning alright, it's just that that isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially for the kind of music he's making.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2009, 09:45:36 PM »

I don't like OSI, but I don't dislike it nearly this much.

Still, this post makes me  :rollin :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin

Offline Phantasmatron

• DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2009, 09:59:07 PM »
Oh those vocals are droning alright, it's just that that isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially for the kind of music he's making.

I can agree with that.  :tup

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »

So which one's Pink?

David Prater = Roger Waters

wtf is the internet?

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2009, 01:18:11 AM »

Between you and CoNsTaNt ChAoS...

lol

Online Dream Team

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2009, 06:46:26 AM »

Between you and CoNsTaNt ChAoS...

lol

I just posted what I learned from this thread. I've never actually heard any OSI.  :lol

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2009, 07:47:31 AM »
The biggest mistake in your life. Unless you're an airport dispatcher and have caused two planes to crash of course :D

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:31 AM »
5 guys made 3 albums, 1 left. Whats the big deal?