Author Topic: "We're Closer Than Ever" or Maybe Not So Much  (Read 1701 times)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
"We're Closer Than Ever" or Maybe Not So Much
« on: September 13, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »
After this event didn't you notice this? Mike always said in the interviews that they were closer than ever, that their recordings were working like they always wanted... but now that he's gone, it maybe wasn't so? He was the spokesman and he always wanted to portray a good image of the band, right? But there's so much dust you can pull below the rug...

Do you think that the rest of the guys weren't that happy as we were told? Or that they indeed were that happy and closer than ever, that they decided to continue with or without MP?

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: "We're Closer Than Ever" or Maybe Not So Much
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »
I think they were obviously feeling good about the band.  Mike only wanted a break.  The guys felt like a break was a bad idea and wanted to keep going.  That's pretty much how it went down.  4 against 1.  The other 4 have to be feeling pretty confident.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
Lets be honest...The band can NOT be too happy.. and Mike I'm sure is full of excitement but trepidation Im sure..

sometimes its "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it"...
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Fields10

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
I agree with StringedBeast...
I do think MP told us, the fans, everything. I don't think he was "hidding" information...
Eternal life - I'd trade it for one moment beside you.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »
I think for MP, closer than ever meant that everyone knew his role and there were no conflicts.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
Not to sidetrack, but this is kinda why I've said previously that it was silly to include chapters in the Lifting Shadows book about Systematic Chaos and BC&SL.  Those albums are still waaaay too recent to look back and give a proper assessment of them and their creation in a biography.  You gotta let a little time go by.  Now, the vibe of those chapters would be entirely different.  The SC/BC&SL chapters of their lives hadn't fully unfolded yet for them to properly comment on it.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
It doesn't matter. Older chapters had additional material put in for the second edition. Along the way, as more unfolds, those chapters will fatten up with further pressings as well.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 04:08:38 PM »
Yet again, I don't see how this possibly warrants its own thread. There are plenty of other threads where this can be discussed, including the stickied one: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=16386.0

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.