Author Topic: Germans did invade US  (Read 4310 times)

Offline AndyDT

Germans did invade US
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:28:35 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1310640/The-New-York-Nazis-U-boats-landed-saboteurs-U-S-coast.html

Nazi Germany landed eight saboteurs in America on a secret mission to destroy targets across the U.S., a documentary has revealed.

U-boats dropped the men off the beaches of Long Island and Florida at the height of the Second World War.

The first group of four men - carrying armfuls of weapons, explosives and primers - came ashore near Manhattan on June 13, 1942.

Four days later, another four men landed from another U-boat off Ponte Verda, Beach in Florida.

They were supposed to stage attacks on economic targets such as New York's Penn Station, hydroelectric plants at Niagara Falls and aluminium factories in Illinois and Tennessee.

Details of the landings are revealed in a German documentary - Attack on America - Hitler's 9/11 - being aired tomorrow on the ninth anniversary of the Twin Towers attacks.

And they planned a ballistic missile to reach NY.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
Re: Germans did invade US
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:18:51 AM »
it's pretty common knowledge here andy.

The main target was the secret power plant below the grand central terminal which powers the railroads that carried ammunition and infantry.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:45 AM »
I wasn't aware of it.  It's no surprise, I just hadn't ever thought about it.  I'd be curious about how good their training was and if their intention was to stay covert or try to blend in.

Lesser known is the highly successful German invasion of Texas with the far more insidious weapon of Tejano music.  Germans really are evil. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 08:31:18 AM »
Our worst export product, for sure. Oompha music.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:18:58 AM »

rumborak

Well, there's also the scorpions...

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
I wasn't aware of it.  It's no surprise, I just hadn't ever thought about it.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
That's not an invasion, it's fairly common knowledge, and did we really need another thread trying to convince us Germany was moments away from conquering the Americas?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
That's not an invasion, it's fairly common knowledge, and did we really need another thread trying to convince us Germany was moments away from conquering the Americas?
You're reading too much into it because of the poster.  As I said, I wasn't aware of it, and it seems rather interesting.  Plus, it appears that they're going to provide other details that might not be common knowledge
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »
Well, it's clearly a follow-up on his point a few weeks ago that the US was seriously endangered by Nazi Germany, right?

rumborak

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 01:12:48 PM »

rumborak

Well, there's also the scorpions...
lol, they played here last night on their farewell tour.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »
ZGF did his homework.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »
Well, it's clearly a follow-up on his point a few weeks ago that the US was seriously endangered by Nazi Germany, right?

rumborak

Until the Commonwealth saved the US!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 02:06:39 PM »
The Germans did leave 1 spy in America.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 03:25:27 PM »

rumborak

Until the Commonwealth saved the US!
I wonder if they did do exactly that.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 03:49:22 PM »
Wow. The fact that you ponder that blows me away. I never would have expected that.

rumborak

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 04:05:18 AM »
While this isn't common knowledge, it also isn't top secret.

But it definitely wasn't an invasion, so I don't know you titled your thread that way.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 01:34:16 PM »
Interesting, didn't realise this happened. Though a few guys isn't really an invasion.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
Interesting, didn't realise this happened. Though a few guys isn't really an invasion.

Especially when last seen, the four in Florida were running a gay margarita bar in Key West, three of those in NY went into the meat packing business on the upper east side, and the final operative died years later in Vegas of syphiliis.  :biggrin: :\
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
ZGF did his homework.

Funny follow up; the power plant is powered by very large cylinders spinning on bearings that are very sensitive. 3 German spies were caught just before they entered the chamber with a bag of sand on them. All it would have taken for Germany to win the war was to throw that sand in the bearings ruining the power plant and keeping USA from saving the allies.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 07:51:42 PM »
Anyone here starts talkin' crap about the Scorpions, I don't care about any rules here, you're getting a backhand.  ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE?  LET ME SEE YOU PLAY THE SOLO.  DO IT. 

LOL ... I'm kidding.  But, really - let's see you play the solo....
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 08:15:10 PM »
I like the Scorpions.  Props to Germany.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »
ZGF did his homework.

Funny follow up; the power plant is powered by very large cylinders spinning on bearings that are very sensitive. 3 German spies were caught just before they entered the chamber with a bag of sand on them. All it would have taken for Germany to win the war was to throw that sand in the bearings ruining the power plant and keeping USA from saving the allies.

All the Bush haters out there need to seriously give this information a more serious look.  This proves once and for all that sand is, in fact, a weapon of mass destruction.  Anyone trying to argue that there were no WMD's in Iraq needs to have their head examined.  THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IS ONE BIG GIANT WMD!  :dangerwillrobinson:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »
ZGF did his homework.

All the Bush haters out there need to seriously give this information a more serious look.  This proves once and for all that sand is, in fact, a weapon of mass destruction.  Anyone trying to argue that there were no WMD's in Iraq needs to have their head examined.  THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IS ONE BIG GIANT WMD!  :dangerwillrobinson:

Well thank God there are no Germans there.....cuz' sand in the hands of Germans would be catastrophic.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 10:03:26 AM »
Wait, the Germans did invade us!  Proof:

:rumborak:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 03:05:24 PM »
Wait, the Germans did invade us!  Proof:

:rumborak:

I repeat:  :dangerwillrobinson:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."