Author Topic: Petrucci's Posting  (Read 81239 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: Petrucci's Posting
« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2010, 04:46:37 AM »
completing his transformation?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: September 21, 2010, 05:26:30 AM »
Well he has to do all the legwork now that MP's gone. :neverusethis:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline guysullavin

« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2010, 05:30:39 AM »
Well he has to do all the legwork now that MP's gone. :neverusethis:
*da-dum tish*

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »
"Did an interview with Rich Wilson for England's "Classic Rock" about Mike's departure from DT. Should be out soon."
https://twitter.com/JPetrucci

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully it's not just a "going through the motions"-type interview and provides some real substance instead.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »
"Did an interview with Rich Wilson for England's "Classic Rock" about Mike's departure from DT. Should be out soon."
https://twitter.com/JPetrucci

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully it's not just a "going through the motions"-type interview and provides some real substance instead.
Rich Wilson's got a good track record on the interesting stuff. The early days are covered pretty well in Lifting Shadows. Dunno if it'll be a little less revealing, it being in a magazine, and so they might be more concerned with making a good first impression more than if it were being published exclusively to DT fans who've paid £30 apiece - but I imagine it'll be a lot more full, detailed and frank than what we've had so far. Looking forward to John Myung's bit, it's ages since I've read an up-to-date interview with the man.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2010, 10:02:15 AM »
So is this upcoming interview for Classic Rock or the Classic Rock-Prog magazine?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »
latest twitter:

"A 16 n-p-second scale session and a heavy leg workout makes for the perfect day!"

so.. he's now shredding through scales at only 16 nano*pico seconds, that's kinda intimidating. :eek Also, he seems to be focusing a lot on working out his legs recently, what is he up to?!?
Hey, the guy is awesome, he is practicing guitar scales while working out his legs.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2010, 10:39:07 AM »
Kicking ass. D'uh.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »
 :metal
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »
Isn't it obvious? He's working up his leg strength so he can do all the crazy double-bass drumming on his upcoming solo album where he plays ALL the instruments - guitars, bass, AND drums.

The man is a BEASTR!!!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
Isn't it obvious? He's working up his leg strength so he can do all the crazy double-bass drumming on his upcoming solo album where he plays ALL the instruments - guitars, bass, AND drums.

The man is a BEASTR!!!

-Marc.

LOL.. yes.. JP will be doing everything...he will be a one man band!
 "Petrucci Theater"
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #256 on: September 21, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »

The man is a BEASTR!!!

-Marc.

LOL.. yes.. JP will be doing everything...he will be a one man band!
 "Petrucci Theater"
Petrucci will play drums on the next DT album! DT will change their name to John Theater or Dream Petrucci!  :lol

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2010, 11:16:06 AM »
John Theater lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2010, 11:17:30 AM »
ok.. we need one of the creative people here to photoshop JP doing it all!!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »
I know the JP forum isn't taking new members, and I know there is a thread about it that says it's due to the recent annoouncement, but I'd been trying to join it for months and it was locked all that time. Anyone know why?

Offline Rich Wilson

• Forum VIP
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
So is this upcoming interview for Classic Rock or the Classic Rock-Prog magazine?

It's for Classic Rock Presents Prog magazine - out 3rd November. I'm certainly not holding back anything for a book - it gets everything I've got. JP, JLB, JR and JM all interviewed. 

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2010, 02:22:13 PM »

It's for Classic Rock Presents Prog magazine - out 3rd November. I'm certainly not holding back anything for a book - it gets everything I've got. JP, JLB, JR and JM all interviewed. 
That's nice Rich. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »
Is it possible to reply to someone on Twitter?  If so, I'd like someone to say, "Hey, John, that's cool about your leg muscles, but..... can you stop working on your technique and get back to working on MUSIC?"
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
You do NOT want to anger the bear.

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2010, 06:57:55 PM »
RAR LOL
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2010, 06:59:08 PM »
I know the JP forum isn't taking new members, and I know there is a thread about it that says it's due to the recent annoouncement, but I'd been trying to join it for months and it was locked all that time. Anyone know why?

Yes, I know why and I'll e-mail you.  I can't do it publicly because it will be considered inflammatory. 

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »

Yes, I know why and I'll e-mail you.  I can't do it publicly because it will be considered inflammatory. 

PM me as well.  I'd like to know why.  (and, no, this is not a trap--I really want to know why, and if it truly is inflammatory, PM is the proper way to handle it)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline guysullavin

« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »

PM me as well.  I'd like to know why.  (and, no, this is not a trap--I really want to know why, and if it truly is inflammatory, PM is the proper way to handle it)
2nd'd

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »
Me too please.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #270 on: September 21, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
Me too?
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2010, 07:46:05 PM »
No Homers allowed.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2010, 07:49:03 PM »

:itsatrap:

But yeah, like, PM or e-mail me too!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »
Yes, can, um, someone PM me as well? I'm very curious.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2010, 07:52:08 PM »
FFS, if everyone is getting PM'd, just post it here.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »
PM me!!!

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2010, 08:07:24 PM »
I want a PM too!  :D

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »
Dude, you might as well just post it.  If not, then add me to that PM list.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2010, 08:32:43 PM »
me toooooo

i registered more than a year ago. no verification

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »
well I do have an account over there, but I am curious