Author Topic: All will be fine, fellow DT fans. MP and DT will go on...  (Read 15039 times)

Offline ainamotore

Re: All will be fine, fellow DT fans. MP and DT will go on...
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »
Just for the record, the band tried everything to prevent this for the past 2 weeks. They did not let Mike go without a fight, and if he changed his mind today, he'd be back in the band tonight.

This is totally Mike's thing, period.

Offline Octavawake

• If you're sleepin', you're not gonna play anything
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 05:54:22 PM »
This day has been ruined by the news and the tone for the rest of the week has also been set.

Too much thinking about this whole affair, my brain is fried!

Goodnight.
He who gambles his money away is a fool! But he who believes in me will go to spend eternity in space.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 05:56:06 PM »
Just for the record, the band tried everything to prevent this for the past 2 weeks. They did not let Mike go without a fight, and if he changed his mind today, he'd be back in the band tonight.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. Stop trolling.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ainamotore

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »

Um, yes, I do. I am a family member and spoke to a member of the band last night. I do not want to violate privacy by going into any detail, but what I said was the truth. I will also say that there is no ill will on the part of the band, just sadness that it could not be worked out. Like the fans, the surviving band members regret the turn of events and wish it had not happened. But it did and we move on...

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
Uh, I'm John Petruccis brother. There is much ill will. And there is a history of animosity between them as well, I know this because on top of being his brother, I'm a historian.

Sucking on his pipe.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2010, 06:07:38 PM »
Um, yes, I do. I am a family member and spoke to a member of the band last night. I do not want to violate privacy by going into any detail, but what I said was the truth. I will also say that there is no ill will on the part of the band, just sadness that it could not be worked out. Like the fans, the surviving band members regret the turn of events and wish it had not happened. But it did and we move on...

If you can't cite a source because of privacy, I can respect that.  But if you are going to post something inflammatory and accusatory, it will be considered trolling if you can't cite a source.  So you need to choose your battles.  Either back it up, or don't say anything at all along those lines.  Especially with regard to news this big and this emotional.  
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »

Sorry if things got a little aggressive or something.. things are hard to face right now around here, but either way I thank you for your kind and reasonable posts. I just read some of the things you had to say, whoever you are, and it was very refreshing.  :)
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ainamotore

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »

If you can't cite a source because of privacy, I can respect that.  But if you are going to post something inflammatory and accusatory, it will be considered trolling if you can't cite a source.  So you need to choose your battles.  Either back it up, or don't say anything at all along those lines.  Especially with regard to news this big and this emotional.  

Fine, I'm John's brother-in-law. I don't really give a damn, I am not saying anything specific about our conversation, and I am sure he would not be mad at me if he read this. It's not a stretch anyway to assume that a breakup after 25 years is going to have regret associated with it, regardless of the circumstances that preceeded it.

Besides that, where is there anything accusatory in my post? You only have to read Mike's statement to see that this is his thing. If it were not, would we have the beautiful piano solo by Jordan to enjoy this evening? I think that says it all, absolutely and unwaveringly.

-Marc

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
-Marc
Wait, Letter M? :lol

Anyway if you are indeed a relative then I apologise for my accusation, but I hope you appreciate (especially at times like this) how anyone can log on and claim to be anyone they like.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 06:29:36 PM »
-Marc

Anyway if you are indeed a relative then I apologise for my accusation, but I hope you appreciate (especially at times like this) how anyone can log on and claim to be anyone they like.
I'm your father.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »
:daddy:

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
I am Nicholas.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2010, 06:32:07 PM »
-Marc

That caught my eye too.  :lol

Of course, we all know the correct way to spell it is with a "c".  :hat

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »

If you can't cite a source because of privacy, I can respect that.  But if you are going to post something inflammatory and accusatory, it will be considered trolling if you can't cite a source.  So you need to choose your battles.  Either back it up, or don't say anything at all along those lines.  Especially with regard to news this big and this emotional. 

Fine, I'm John's brother-in-law. I don't really give a damn, I am not saying anything specific about our conversation, and I am sure he would not be mad at me if he read this. It's not a stretch anyway to assume that a breakup after 25 years is going to have regret associated with it, regardless of the circumstances that preceeded it.

Besides that, where is there anything accusatory in my post? You only have to read Mike's statement to see that this is his thing. If it were not, would we have the beautiful piano solo by Jordan to enjoy this evening? I think that says it all, absolutely and unwaveringly.

-Marc

Look, I'm not trying to bust your chops, but...well, what ariich said.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
For some reason, I really have no problem believing ainamotore. But I still don't blame Mike either. So there.

Offline ainamotore

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 07:10:08 PM »
Agreed, anyone can claim to be anyone. Especially on a cataclysmic and miserable night like this... But I wouldn't waste the time or dishonor DT that way.

I'm mellowing now anyway. People really do have the right to spend their time anyway they wish, and if Mike needed to go so be it. I'd hate to be stuck in a job I didn't like, so I cannot expect someone else to do the same.

I'm looking forward to whatever comes next from the still-best band in the universe.

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 07:42:57 PM »
This day has been ruined by the news and the tone for the rest of the week has also been set.

Too much thinking about this whole affair, my brain is fried!

Goodnight.

Yeah. This whole thing is affecting me physically. I feel pretty sick.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Well spoken, man! I think everyone needs your optimistic view on things  :tup

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »
Not to grind you, but John has officially stated that this came as a shock and that they have not had ample time to fully process it. He clarified that there was no gestation period before informing people. This contrary to the statement you made about them agonizing over for a week. So, is John's statement dishonest?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »
I wouldn't try and drive a wedge between what JP and Marc said. Anything JP puts out there will be "high road"..it has to be. JP simply cannot share evrything. Marc is probably giving some insight that JP cannot and should not get into. JP's answers were to the point. He is obviously choosing his words very carefully.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ainamotore

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 09:21:40 AM »
Not to grind you, but John has officially stated that this came as a shock and that they have not had ample time to fully process it. He clarified that there was no gestation period before informing people. This contrary to the statement you made about them agonizing over for a week. So, is John's statement dishonest?

I would not post mortem the thing to death and worry about who said what when. We have a personnel change and it's a fait accompli. Time to look forward to the future. Nobody is dead, so we can expect lots more music from DT, and from Mike. I love the way DT is handling it, it leaves the door open to a future reunion, whether it's for some shows or a reformation. Not likely I know, but still a possibility.

Meanwhile, it's now crazy to contemplate the process of finding a new drummer. Once the grief dissipates I am sure it will be a fascinating and dramatic search for someone to fill Mike's very large shoes.

Offline Vaki

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
I think things will work out in the end. Dream Theater is Mike's band (to me the heart and guts) and he won't stay away for long. Even if he does part for good, which I doubt, he's got the Midas touch in everything he gets into, so we all have that to look forward to.
I have huge respect for all the members of Dream Theater, so whatever happens, fans have gotta respect it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »
I think things will work out in the end. Dream Theater is Mike's band (to me the heart and guts) and he won't stay away for long.
Dude, he's gone.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2010, 11:03:22 AM »
Oh god, the influx of new posters since this occured is giving me a headache.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ehra

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
Pull Me Under's sudden ending represents MP's sudden departure from the band. It was planned from the beginning!

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »
 :omg: It all makes sense now!

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »
Pull Me Under's sudden ending represents MP's sudden departure from the band. It was planned from the beginning!
How about Raw Dog? It was MP's last song with DT and it ends that way too!  :omg:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2010, 03:25:34 AM »
How about Raw Dog? It was MP's last song with DT and it ends that way too!  :omg:
At least it ends.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.