Author Topic: The Rush Thread v. Clockwork Angels  (Read 508160 times)

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Rush Thread v. Clockwork Angels
« Reply #2380 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:28 PM »
They're getting old, and Geddy's voice isn't what it used to be. They've been touring extensively for the last few years, and their last album was five years ago.

If it isn't their last record, it will probably be the last one that Geddy's voice is relatively good on.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline TL

« Reply #2381 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »
Well thank you for that insight, Mr. Positivity.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2382 on: April 16, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
lol

He's right though.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2383 on: April 16, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
Well, does anyone know how many albums their contract with Roadrunner lasts? I think they have at LEAST one more studio album after Clockwork Angels, just to give us a rounded out 4-album run of VT/S&A/CA/"20". I think 20 albums would be a rounded number, and if they take another 5 years to release another studio album, then their 20th album would come out in 2017, just in time for their 50th Anniversary in 2018 - The Fifty-Year Final Farewell Finale Tour.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2384 on: April 16, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »
Um, pretty sure their 50th anniversary wouldn't be till 2024, since every band but DT does their anniversary shows by beginning the count from the year they released their first album/EP/single/whatever.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2385 on: April 17, 2012, 06:20:11 AM »
Um, pretty sure their 50th anniversary wouldn't be till 2024, since every band but DT does their anniversary shows by beginning the count from the year they released their first album/EP/single/whatever.

Shhhhh  :angel:...it'll be a good way to bow out if they decide to before the end of this decade. I know they celebrated their 30th anniversary in 2004, but I really don't think they'll still be up for touring in 12 years. I guess the best we can hope for will be a 40th Anniversary tour in 2014 (something for them to do in the interim between studio albums if the CA Tour runs 2012-2013)?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2386 on: April 17, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
Tour dates leaked and opening night is 25 minutes from my house.  This would be 3rd time I've seen the opening night of their tours!!

https://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/04/17/3068/Rush-2012-Clockwork-Angels-tour-dates-leaked
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2387 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
Oh thank you god, they are playing Wells Fargo Center in Philly rather then Camden. Finally.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #2388 on: April 17, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
Oh thank you god, they are playing Wells Fargo Center in Philly rather then Camden. Finally.

whats better about wells fargo center? just curious. will be going to Drexel this fall so im looking forward to this being my first big college show.  also stoked its a friday!

Offline TL

« Reply #2389 on: April 17, 2012, 08:25:35 PM »
Shockingly, no dates in or near Atlantic Canada at all.
As much as I would like to see Rush live, zipping over to Montreal a few weeks into a new semester isn't really convenient.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2390 on: April 17, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »
Tour dates leaked and opening night is 25 minutes from my house.  This would be 3rd time I've seen the opening night of their tours!!

https://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/04/17/3068/Rush-2012-Clockwork-Angels-tour-dates-leaked

You're 25 minutes south right? Might be looking for a place to crash and/or someone to head to this show with...

I've seen a show in Toronto, the last show of a tour, and a show filmed for DVD, the only live Rush milestone left is also the one I've wanted most, to be there on opening night and be 100% surprised by the setlist.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2391 on: April 17, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
Looks like the closest show to me is in DC, the 2nd night of the tour. Guess I'm going...can't risk waiting to see them anymore, just in case they don't tour anymore.

-Marc.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2392 on: April 17, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »

You're 25 minutes south right? Might be looking for a place to crash and/or someone to head to this show with...

I've seen a show in Toronto, the last show of a tour, and a show filmed for DVD, the only live Rush milestone left is also the one I've wanted most, to be there on opening night and be 100% surprised by the setlist.

They're going to play Tom Sawyer.

:angel:
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2393 on: April 17, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »

They're going to play Tom Sawyer.

:angel:

How risky would it be if they didn't play ANY songs from Moving Pictures?? I mean, they did just play the WHOLE album last tour, and if the rumors are true, they might play all of Signals, which would mean they would only play 15-17 other songs...and we can only hope they play all of Clockwork Angels, which would leave only about 5 other songs... I mean, that'd be silly, though, right? Two whole albums on tour? Naaaaah...

-Marc.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2394 on: April 17, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »
I would LOVE for them to drop Moving Pictures for this tour, but it won't happen. Tom Sawyer, YYZ, and Limelight will all be in the set, and likely 1 other for repetitive measure.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2395 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »
I would LOVE for them to drop Moving Pictures for this tour, but it won't happen. Tom Sawyer, YYZ, and Limelight will all be in the set, and likely 1 other for repetitive measure.

If it's any of them, it should be "Vital Signs" or "The Camera Eye". They did "Witch Hunt" on the S&A tour, and the other four have been in pretty regular rotation in the last 20 years, but the last time "Vital Signs" was played on the VT tour and before that, the RTB tour.

-Marc.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2396 on: April 17, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
Awesome.  I can't wait to see Rush inside again! :metal

Online Mladen

« Reply #2397 on: April 18, 2012, 02:10:01 AM »
Very nice. Now, how about some European dates?  ;D

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2398 on: April 18, 2012, 03:44:47 AM »

whats better about wells fargo center? just curious. will be going to Drexel this fall so im looking forward to this being my first big college show.  also stoked its a friday!

Typically they play the Susquehanna bank center during the summer in Camden which is an open amphitheater. Overall the Wells Fargo center not only has better acoustics, but its also in a way better area. I really don't like going to Camden either. Also, I found it easier/more cost effective to get the seats I want at well's fargo.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2399 on: April 18, 2012, 05:14:54 AM »

Nick 25 miles east and you bet if you need a place to crash my house is open.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2400 on: April 18, 2012, 05:22:50 AM »
I haven't seen Rush since the Test For Echo tour. The Wednesday night Boston date likely doesn't work for me, but I will see Rush again, hopefully on next summer's leg.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2401 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:13 AM »
I haven't seen Rush since the Test For Echo tour. The Wednesday night Boston date likely doesn't work for me, but I will see Rush again, hopefully on next summer's leg.

You know when your getting old when you hedge on a weeknight show.  I do it all the time.

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #2402 on: April 18, 2012, 07:22:48 AM »

Typically they play the Susquehanna bank center during the summer in Camden which is an open amphitheater. Overall the Wells Fargo center not only has better acoustics, but its also in a way better area. I really don't like going to Camden either. Also, I found it easier/more cost effective to get the seats I want at well's fargo.

I had 2nd row seats at the Wells Fargo center for the T4E tour.  Very memorable.  Easy subway ride from Drexel as well. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2403 on: April 18, 2012, 07:53:37 AM »

You know when your getting old when you hedge on a weeknight show.  I do it all the time.
It's not that, actually. It's the kids. It's a school night for our baby sitter and a work night for anyone else that could watch then.
That's why I'm so glad Maiden and DT are touring in the summer. I figure I'll hit Rush on a later leg.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2404 on: April 18, 2012, 08:08:22 AM »
Yeah but that's what happens when you get older.  Responsibility!!   :lol  You know you've got to get us early the next day and I know I do that hedging all the time. :lol

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #2405 on: April 18, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »

If those are correct, I think I'll take the NH date over Boston.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2406 on: April 18, 2012, 09:24:37 AM »
Target Center is an okay venue, but it's Rush so what the hell. I'm pumped.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2408 on: April 18, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
Woah.

*listening now*

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2409 on: April 18, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »
Sounds like it could be a pretty heavy album, having heard this alongside BU2B.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2410 on: April 18, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »
Wow, that absolutely rocked.  Me likey a lot. :metal :metal

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2411 on: April 18, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »
New single is pretty good.

The Bastille Day-style riffs really bothered me in the beginning though.  Otherwise it sounds like a longer, heavier version of S&A songs like Spindrift, IMO.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2412 on: April 18, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »
Fhxufhrbchdud can't listen till like 4pm.

Anyone find it somewhat odd that rolling stone of all places got this stream? They spent decades either ignoring or shitting on Rush.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2413 on: April 18, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »
Yeah, there is some irony in that (the Rolling Stone thing).

But Roadrunner is doing this masterfully.  Between releasing this single now, the tour dates coming out this week, etc., they are doing a great job of building excitement for the album and tour.  :biggrin:

Online Mladen

« Reply #2414 on: April 18, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
That was pretty rockin', some great riffs in there. I didn't like it as much as I liked Caravan or BU2B, though it might be a grower.