Author Topic: The Rush Thread v. Clockwork Angels  (Read 508513 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The Rush Thread v. Clockwork Angels
« Reply #2030 on: March 08, 2012, 09:35:03 AM »
Can't show you from work but go to rushisaband.com and they have plenty on it.

Edit.  Found it.

https://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/12/13/2937/Alex-Lifeson-talks-Clockwork-Angels-in-new-Guitar-World-interview
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:48:39 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2031 on: March 08, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2032 on: March 08, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
I hope that's not the official artwork. I don't like it that much.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2033 on: March 08, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure it will be.  Bring on May 29th, a great birthday present for me.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2034 on: March 08, 2012, 05:08:18 PM »
I hope that's not the official artwork. I don't like it that much.

I also hope they change it.

The Snakes and arrows artwork came off as a little generic, compared with masterpieces like the art for Moving Pictures and Hemispheres. I just want something with a little umph to it. Something to inspire the imagination.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2035 on: March 08, 2012, 11:11:23 PM »
I personally love the theme of the cover and thought it was quite well done.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2036 on: March 08, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »
Eh? I could of sworn they showed us the cover eons ago. I like it at any rate.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #2037 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »
They did. I don't think it was ever confirmed to be the album artwork though. Just single artwork.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2038 on: March 09, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »
It's definitely not the official artwork, I read it on blabbermouth (which is run by roadrunner I believe). Isn't that cover the single cover for Caravan?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2039 on: March 09, 2012, 01:54:55 AM »
It's a great cover.  :smiley:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2040 on: March 09, 2012, 05:32:59 AM »
That is the cover for the release of the new CD on Amazon folks. So I do believe that's the cover.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2041 on: March 09, 2012, 05:36:02 AM »
I like the cover a lot; I hope it isn't changed. I'm used to seeing it by now.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #2042 on: March 13, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »
Gadough: That seems to be a big possibility.

So Losing It came on a full library shuffle earlier, I can't believe how awesome of a song it is and how I've pretty much skipped over it for years. I'm thinking I might have to revisit Signals soon.

Losing it is one of my top 5 Rush songs and since Signals was one of the last albums I bought, It took me forever to discovery it. But the day I did was really special.

I listened to Losing It like 6-7 times in the car yesterday.  Countdown 3 times.  the rest of Signals once.  Losing It 6-7 times. 

It's always the Rush songs that you don't appreciate as much at first that come back to become your favorites later on....

For me, that list includes Losing It, Witch Hunt, Anagram, Available Light, Ghost of a Chance, Force Ten, Camera Eye, Countdown, Afterimage, Mission...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2043 on: March 13, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »
Here's a fun game: write what set lists would/could have been on tours prior to 1996/1997 had Rush been doing 3-hour "Evening With..." shows all along. 

Check out how sick this set list would have been on the Hemispheres tour:

Set 1
Cinderella Man
Bastille Day
Circumstances
A Farewell to Kings
Something for Nothing
Closer to the Heart
Cygnus X-1

Set 2
Hemispheres
A Passage to Bangkok
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Drum Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
La Villa Strangiato

Encore
Finding My Way
Anthem
Working Man

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2044 on: March 13, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
Here's a fun game: write what set lists would/could have been on tours prior to 1996/1997 had Rush been doing 3-hour "Evening With..." shows all along. 

Check out how sick this set list would have been on the Hemispheres tour:

Set 1
Cinderella Man
Bastille Day
Circumstances
A Farewell to Kings
Something for Nothing
Closer to the Heart
Cygnus X-1

Set 2
Hemispheres
A Passage to Bangkok
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Drum Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
La Villa Strangiato

Encore
Finding My Way
Anthem
Working Man

Is the encore a medley?  :lol

Sick setlist, although I would close the set with "Working Man" and close the encore with LVS. I mean, by the time Geddy got to "Working Man", I doubt he could do the song justice, especially after 2 hours of epics and other songs.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2045 on: March 13, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »
This is 1978 Geddy Lee we are talking about here, not 2012. :P  He could do it.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2046 on: March 13, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »
This is 1978 Geddy Lee we are talking about here, not 2012. :P  He could do it.

Well we would never know, they only did shows under 100 minutes so who is to say his voice would have held up or not? :lol

Either way, I think THEY would have done it either way, since they've done BOTH "Working Man" and "La Villa Strangiato" as encore-enders before.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2048 on: March 14, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
I thought Caravan and BU2B were the advance singles from Clockwork Angels. ???

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2049 on: March 14, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
I thought Caravan and BU2B were the advance singles from Clockwork Angels. ???

Just smart promotion Orbert.  Now we get to hear a third song.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2050 on: March 14, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »
I hope that the album doesn't get pushed back, but knowing it's done it's just a matter of time at this point.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2051 on: March 14, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »
Doesn't it always seem to be pushed off a week or two after you hear the release date?  They love doing that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2052 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »
Eh, gimme the whole album or gimme nada!  I hate getting a single too early, as it is easy to get burned out on that one song, and then when the whole album comes out, it becomes too easy to skip over the single that you have already burned yourself out on. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2053 on: March 14, 2012, 07:50:10 PM »
Eh, gimme the whole album or gimme nada!  I hate getting a single too early, as it is easy to get burned out on that one song, and then when the whole album comes out, it becomes too easy to skip over the single that you have already burned yourself out on.

I do that all the time. :lol

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #2054 on: March 15, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
OK folks.  Get Excited!!!!!

https://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/14/3032/First-single-from-Clockwork-Angels-rumored-to-be-released-Friday-March-30th

I'll be excited when I'm holding it in my hands.

Until then, I'm sure you will agree there is plenty to get excited about.

Actually, I'm a little pensive about being able to afford the possibility of those Radio City tickets.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #2055 on: March 15, 2012, 08:22:29 PM »
Another single? Isn't two enough? I'd rather just hear the whole album at this point.

Just had a thought. Are the versions of Caravan and BU2B we've heard already going to be the same on the album, or were they re-recorded/remixed?
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #2056 on: March 15, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »
I've got my fingers crossed for a remix, or, better yet, a rerecording. The sound on the single version was really, really nasty. I doubt they'll be different versions though.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2057 on: March 15, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »
I don't know what you naysayers are smoking but I would take even a second's worth of a new song right now goddamn I am excited for this.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2058 on: March 15, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »
RE: Caravan/BU2B - I'm pretty sure it's been said that the band has decided to re-record the songs so the whole album has the same sound/feel/production, and it makes sense to do so. I remember someone here saying that Alex's solo(s) in one (or both) of the songs was different on the Time Machine tour than the single that was released, so I think as the songs evolved/changed throughout the tour, they "improved" them, so I think we'll get THOSE versions of the tunes rather than the versions we got from the single a couple years ago.

-Marc.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #2059 on: March 15, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
I'm excited for Rush but its probably my least anticipated album for the year at the moment. I did like the new single so I'm hoping the quality will be just as good if not better. I'm not even sure if I will pick it up on CD though, I might grab the vinyl if it isn't too expensive.... or if they release a 5.1 mix. :drool:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

:drool:

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #2060 on: March 15, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
DROOL STORY BRO

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2061 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:44 PM »
Was that really necessary?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2062 on: March 16, 2012, 04:12:55 AM »
 :lol
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2063 on: March 17, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »
  :chill

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #2064 on: March 17, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »