Author Topic: Church inviting the burning of the Koran on 9-11-10 (now cancelled)  (Read 7264 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Church inviting the burning of the Koran on 9-11-10
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »
Because this is a matter of national security, they should lock this dumb ass up. If his actions cause the death of one person-soldier, civilian, whatever- they should crucify this dumb bastard. In fact, I went on the hick fucks website, and told him as much.

Of course he'll be invited to the next "Tea Party" rally, and will turn his attention to "Mexicans" next. Maybe his church can burn a sombrero, or overcook some refried beans in protest.  :\
I can't agree with preventing his protest or the overcooking of refried beans.  It seems the smart move here would be to let him have his fun, but devote more attention to a massive counter-protest.  Ideally, there should be 10x as many people protesting his protest to offset the negative message he wants to send.   
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 09:04:17 AM »
To the radical bastards who want to blow us up, it wouldnt matter if we had a million counter protesters. They will use that as propoganda to feed the fire for other radicals they seek to recruit. The only ones who will see the counter crowd would be the western world anyway. Those arent the people we need to worry about.

As for the refried beans comment, it was meant to show that this is about as stupid as all of those people who have demonized anyone who has come from south of our border in search of a better life for their families. When every one of "Big Daddy White Boss's" ancestors came from some other country, and not all of them came to wipe out some of my ancestors who were already here. Ignorance, racism, and bigotry are all the sametypes of hate speech, and to me this is no different. The "Trailer Park Pastor" is a dumbass, and should be locked up in the best interest of national security.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
Oh, I understood your refried beans comment.  I'm just quite fond of them, coming from Tejas and all.

As for the other part, again, it's not the radical bastards that matter.  They couldn't care less about the Koran burning.  Nothing will change their minds for the better, and they can't really think any less of us.  The burning is problematic because of the moderate Muslims that it'll offend.  And to them, a massive counter-protest would make all the difference in the world. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
Re: Church inviting the burning of the Koran on 9-11-10 (now cancelled)
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »
ah, the guy finally gave in.  I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that he was simply ignorantly zealous, but the contradiction between him suddenly deciding not to do it and no one else should do it seems odd. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »
What a pussy.
E.F. Benson

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
It is only postponed apparantly.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »
So quick question: Is that guy rich now? do you think all the publicity will benefit him in anyway?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 08:18:18 AM »
I don't see him making any money off of it.  It'll likely increase the size of his congregation by a few more radical dick-heads, but that probably won't bring in much dough. 

Personally, I think it makes him look like a lying opportunist.  If he really believed his own bullshit, he wouldn't have called off the event.  However, most of the people who would join into such a hate-filled Christian church are beyond reason, so I doubt that'll hurt him much.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 08:36:20 AM »
I think moderate Christian groups need to become more active. Maybe it's just me, but all I hear lately are news of extremist Christians.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline yeshaberto

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2010, 09:10:11 AM »
my guess is that has more to do with the presenters of the news than it does the moderate churches...moderate doesn't get ratings

Offline yeshaberto

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »
just noticed that the guy is flying to NY to meet with somebody....wouldn't want to be on that plane

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »
I think moderate Christian groups need to become more active. Maybe it's just me, but all I hear lately are news of extremist Christians.

rumborak

The problem is that it's not sexy to report that a Christian group is helping the homeless or giving to those in need. It's not so much a matter of moderate Christians being more active, because most of them are to some degree. It's a matter of the media not giving a crap because it's happening all the time. There are interfaith groups across the country where leaders of all faiths get together out of mutual respect to better their communities. It's not really news that these things are happening. It shouldn't be news that some whack job is doing something stupid either.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »
A few death threats and the Pastor backs down. What a pussy he turned out to be. Jed Clampett looking mother fucker.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
Dont worry, Westro Baptist Church is holding one instead.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2010, 06:32:06 PM »

Are they really? Or was that just sarcasm? It could go either way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »
Its ok, when the suicide bomber does his job in the middle of this idiots crowd of followers the gene pool will get a little bit of a disinfecting...
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2010, 04:00:55 AM »

rumborak

I saw something the other day on The Today Show (don't judge me, Matt Lauer is dreamy) about a church in Memphis called Heartsong Church who welcomed with open arms a group of Muslims who were building a mosque across the road, and allowed them to hold services in their church until the mosque is completed.  They had both the pastor and the Imam on air for an interview, and both were extremely friendly with each other.  When asked why they were doing this, the pastor said, "Jesus told us to love our neighbors.  These are our neighbors, so we are loving them."  That's the way it should be.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2010, 05:58:17 AM »

Are they really? Or was that just sarcasm? It could go either way.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/325068
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »
:lol

I love the world.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
E.F. Benson

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »
OH MY GOD :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2010, 04:26:35 AM »
It got dumber as it went, but the first half of that video was comedy gold.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »
It got dumber as it went, but the first half of that video was comedy gold.
Yeah, it was about 30 seconds too long.  But the disclaimer at the end was great. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Vivace

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2010, 01:32:20 PM »
This guy is a loon and scares the shit out of me. He's also hypocritical and his followers are idiots

Jones: Burning the Koran is good!

two days later

jones: burning the Koran is bad!

This guy flip-flops worse than politicians.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"