Poll

Is he alive?

Yes
16 (50%)
No
16 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden Still Alive?  (Read 4649 times)

Offline juice

• om nom nom
Osama Bin Laden Still Alive?
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:45:46 AM »
Do you think that Bin Laden is still alive or was he killed already and we dont know about it?

inb4lolconspiracytheories

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
Re: Osama Bin Laden Still Alive?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »
I say no.  somebody somewhere would know.  they would tell someone, who would tell someone, who would tell someone...the buzz would be unmistakeable

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:00:47 AM »
I say no.  somebody somewhere would know.  they would tell someone, who would tell someone, who would tell someone...the buzz would be unmistakeable
I'd say the opposite is true.  If he were dead, that'd be the buzz that nobody could quash.  It's like El Cid.  The people he's associating with want him alive.  The Pakistanis will help him along the way. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:44:07 AM »
I give a third angle: Bin Laden is dead, but the people directly surrounding him realized that they could create a legend by not letting anybody know.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:13:10 AM »
I'd say the opposite is true.  If he were dead, that'd be the buzz that nobody could quash.  It's like El Cid.  The people he's associating with want him alive.  The Pakistanis will help him along the way. 

I think that is the same thing I was saying

Offline bertoltus

• Reign on, you crazy tyrant!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Alive, but with negative hit points.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »
He's alive, AFAIK.

*Weekend at Osama's*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ehra

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
Alive, but with negative hit points.

Then the pressing question at this point is 'has he made his stabilization check?'

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:18:23 PM »
I give a third angle: Bin Laden is dead, but the people directly surrounding him realized that they could create a legend by not letting anybody know.

I've assumed this for a while now.  He died or was killed or whatever, but only his inner circle knows this, and they're going to keep up the charade as long as they possibly can.  He's a figurehead to his followers, and needs to be alive to them.  Perhaps in another 20 or 30 years someone will finally realize what's going on, but it doesn't matter.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 03:24:41 PM »
To be honest, it doesn't matter if he is alive or dead. His message is strong and thrives, and even if he is alive, other more insane people are calling the shots.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 04:12:23 PM »
I wouldn't call myself a conspiracy theorist, but it is fairly puzzling to me that his supposed location is boxed into an area of roughly a few hundred square miles, yet it's taken the world's most advanced fighting force nine years and counting to find him.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
Alive and getting ready for retirement.

wtf is the internet?

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 04:35:10 PM »
I wouldn't call myself a conspiracy theorist, but it is fairly puzzling to me that his supposed location is boxed into an area of roughly a few hundred square miles, yet it's taken the world's most advanced fighting force nine years and counting to find him.

This is what leads me to believe he's dead.  I mean how can 1 person hide for such a prolonged period of time from a nation's fighting force.

/prettymuchsayingthesamethingyousaidagain

But why would the American government try to conceal his death from the American people?

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
But why would the American government try to conceal his death from the American people?
:neverusethis:
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 05:42:06 PM »
Because if word gets out that we've killed him, the first thing a lot of people will want to know is "Then why the fuck do we still have troops over there?"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 05:45:08 PM »
I believe he's dead. I think his inner circle knows and thinks they have kept it a secret. Our government knows this a well, but also keeps it on the DL.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »
I believe he died sometime between 2003 and 2005.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 11:17:09 PM »

This is what leads me to believe he's dead.  I mean how can 1 person hide for such a prolonged period of time from a nation's fighting force.

/prettymuchsayingthesamethingyousaidagain

Yeah, but we don't have much fighting force in Pakistan.  We can't go in and the Pakistanis support him. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 06:11:39 AM »
He was killed in the Tora Bora bombings in 2001.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 07:40:06 AM »
I found it interesting how he used to release videos of himself decrying the Americans and talking about how eventually he'd wipe us out or whatever (I didn't really pay much attention to be honest), then after a couple of serious carpet bombings, we didn't hear anything for a while.  Then years later, audio recordings start showing up that even I could tell weren't the same voice.  But they were supposedly him, and our own "experts" say it's the same voice.  And it's been a while since one of those popped up, hasn't it?

He'd dead, his inner circle covered for a while, but we've managed to take some of them out too, and now our own government is covering it up.  The world is a strange place.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 08:05:23 AM »
he's worth more to the war effort if he's alive than dead. usa has to pretend he's dead or the public will want the military back even though there is a destabilized country sitting collecting terrorists.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 08:53:43 AM »
Because if word gets out that we've killed him, the first thing a lot of people will want to know is "Then why the fuck do we still have troops over there?"

That's because a lot of people don't have a clue.  When someone like that starts a worldwide movement, it doesn't just stop if he dies.
I don't know if he's still alive or not, but at this point it doesn't really matter.  The damage has been done and the world is a very dangerous place.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »
Exactly.  9/11 was horrible, people were pissed, GW was under pressure to do something about it, so we sent troops over there to kill the guy.  To most people, that was the point, because that's how it was sold.  Therefore, once the guy's dead, problem solved, troops should come home.

Of course it's not nearly that simple, and while I can't pretend to understand how it all works, I do know that we can't just bring everyone home and say

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »
I think he is still alive, and probably living under cover in another country, and probably has been since the whole war started. Let's face it, if he was in Afghanistan, he would have been killed long ago, and we might not have ever heard about it, so maybe he is dead? But logic tells me he isn't.

The US army could flatten that whole country in one day with multiple passes with aircrafts. If they really wanted him dead, and wanted to end the Afghanistani threat, it would have ended long ago. But if war was over, how many jobs would be obsolete in the States? Too many to make it profitable for the US Government.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 12:22:01 PM »
He was killed in the Tora Bora bombings in 2001.
Considering what an embarrassing failure that campaign was, I suspect they would have done anything to be able to say they got him.  They had to admit that they let him get away and look like incompetent fools because of it.  He strolled right on into Pakistan and who knows what's happened to him since. 

I figure if he's dead it's because his kidneys gave out.  However, even in a cave in the mountains, he probably still had better healthcare than plenty of us, and we know that tons of people were volunteering to donate one to him. 
E.F. Benson

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 02:58:39 PM »
Here is what I think.

He is dead, yet he has now entered into "Dread Pirate Roberts" status.

The reason I think he is dead, there have been no more video tapes released from him in years.  He used to release videos very frequently.  Also, I remember a few years ago that he had some kind of kidney disease and was having trouble getting medical help while hiding in caves. 

I am pretty sure he's dead. 
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »
The lack of video would be pretty consistent with the security required to prevent some kid in a trailer in Kabul from raining down Hellfires all over your campsite.  And I don't think he would have had any trouble at all getting a new kidney installed.  He might well be dead, but I wouldn't necessarily conclude that based on what we've seen.  And like I said earlier, either of the last two Presidential nimrods would give anything to be able to say he died on their watch, so I doubt there's been any real evidence.
E.F. Benson

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
Well I think he is dead but our gov does not know it.  Thus the dread pirate roberts status.  The enemy is keeping his name alive as a threat, the responsibility has been passed on to other leaders.  I believe the world is in the dark regarding his status. 

That's just what I believe to be the truth at this moment in time.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »
Well, I do seem to recall news reports from a few years ago confirming that he was in fact in possession of a wheelbarrow.  So if he has indeed also achieved Dread Pirate Roberts status on top of that, God help us all!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »
Well, I do seem to recall news reports from a few years ago confirming that he was in fact in possession of a wheelbarrow.  So if he has indeed also achieved Dread Pirate Roberts status on top of that, God help us all!

Sweet mother of god.....

quick, find the man in black!

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 06:02:44 PM »
you rang?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 06:46:23 PM »
Well, at least he won't have a holocaust cloak, because he denies the existence of those.  We're safe.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.