Author Topic: The fifth cover album  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Silent Voice

• DT.net Member
  • Evil Scotsman
The fifth cover album
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:43:01 AM »
Reckon they'll still do it?

Or even if we'll ever find out what it was going to be  :-\
Living twice at once you learn, you're safe from pain in the dream domain ... a soul set free to fly

Offline robwebster

Re: The fifth cover album
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:36:31 AM »
Ahhh! Personal bugbear, so I'm sorry for having a go (I do this every time!), but there was never going to be five.

I mean, yeah, there was. But it wasn't like they were planning on doing a quintet of cover albums. There's no such thing as "The Five Covers." It was just gonna be a continuous thing for as long as they kept getting two-nighters.

"What are all the aspects involved in covering an entire album by another band? What does Mike take into consideration when picking an album? faq id: 302
MP: As you might know, I have the first five covers picked out already."

First five. The fifth cover isn't any more significant than the first or the twentysixth.

...but, no, I don't think they'll do it. Probably not, anyway. Which I'm okay with! I never went to the cover album nights, as I didn't fancy paying full price to get an hour of music by a band that I might not even like. Too much of a risk. I go to DT gigs to see a DT gig. :p

Offline Silent Voice

• DT.net Member
  • Evil Scotsman
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 09:57:56 AM »
Fair enough :p... I guess I wouldn't really want to see it either (unless I was a lot richer than I am and could go to both shows of the two night stand) unless I knew it was a great album and they'd do it justice.

I'd still quite like to know what it was though... so I could  :metal or :facepalm: depending on what it was
Living twice at once you learn, you're safe from pain in the dream domain ... a soul set free to fly

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
The Yes Album, and no we won't. 

I suppose it could have be Close to the Edge, but I doubt it.  I don't think they would have played Fragile because of the 5 solo pieces.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson