Author Topic: Joe Satriani is back.  (Read 6824 times)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Re: Joe Satriani is back.
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2022, 12:07:55 PM »
I’m listening a lot the new album and I’m really impressed. The song’s arrangements seems much more fleshed out and all the band has space to shine. I like the way the keyboards are more present and, in style, reminding me something from Engines of Creation. Just a few listens, but I already can tell The Elephants of Mars and Sailing the Seas of Ganymede are between his best songs ever. I guess the master and his apprentice (Steve Vai) relased 2 two highlights of their careers this year, well done!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2022, 01:18:10 PM »
Joe's new album "The Elephants of Mars" came out a few days ago and I freakin' love it! Back to more exotic stuff for the most part, totally digging it. So much better than his last two efforts, and as a whole this is definitely up there with the better Satch albums for me.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2022, 04:02:48 PM »
I’m struggling with it a bit to be honest.  I’m not a huge fan of experimental Joe albums.  I tend to like his more straightforward melodic stuff.  Sahara on the new album is my perfect type of Satch song even if it does sound similar to everything he’s ever done!  Seems to be a lot of love on here for Engines Of Creation for example and that, along with his self-titled album, are amongst my least favourite of his albums.

Offline erciccio

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2022, 02:17:57 AM »
The new album is just great!

It's extremely varied, proggy and experimental...there are jazz, prog, fusion, classical and folk influences, but everything is 100% Satch TM!

It's not easy to digest, but it's absolutely worth the effort...IMHO the best Satch album in at least a decade.

I also think the production is just amazing...way better than AVFTTOTW...all instruments are bright and clear, and Satch's patches and sounds are more amazing than ever (...and apparently he didn't use amps on this album!)

:metal :metal :metal :metal

Ora che ho perso la vista,ci vedo di più

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2022, 08:00:09 PM »
Happy 66th birthday Joe.

Wow!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2023, 03:55:48 PM »
Here's a brand new interview I did with Joe Satriani, where he talks about his upcoming art exhibit, has only kind words about John Petrucci, and answers if he was expecting a call from Deep Purple when Steve Morse left the band last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8YWAZwi10

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2023, 06:33:42 PM »
Here's a brand new interview I did with Joe Satriani, where he talks about his upcoming art exhibit, has only kind words about John Petrucci, and answers if he was expecting a call from Deep Purple when Steve Morse left the band last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8YWAZwi10

Currently watching. Great interview, man! :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2023, 08:24:07 PM »

Currently watching. Great interview, man! :tup

Thanks! Joe made it easy!

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2023, 11:05:42 AM »
ran into the satch himself at namm in anaheim a while back. i was stoked, offered to buy him a drink, but he's like, "nah, no alcohol for me." he even encouraged me to cut back on drinking. his vibe was awesome, and it was such a real moment. the satch looking out for everyone's well-being, can't say i followed his advice but i appreciated the gesture. rock on :metal
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth