Author Topic: My Band "Echoes" Live Rehearsal Videos!, Check it out!  (Read 2434 times)

Offline dreamrafa

My Band "Echoes" Live Rehearsal Videos!, Check it out!
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:23:51 AM »
Hello guys!, a little update about my band Echoes:

We've published the first one out of a series of official live videos, shot in one of Echoes' rehearsals. Go to www.live.echoes.com.ve now and you'll be able to see Echoes playing live. The other videos in the series will be uploaded during the next weeks. Stay in tune and we hope you'll enjoy these!

Direct link to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAF9XUhv1BM

Please comment, all feedback is appreciated!

Regards!
Rafael.
:-)
 :metal :metal

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: My Band "Echoes" Live Rehearsal Videos!, Check it out!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 05:04:38 PM »
Talent wise you guys are very good, kudos to your singer, great voice. The recording is also top notch.

The music is a bit too....standard prog metal for me, but it was quite good, and I'm sure most others here will love it.

Good stuff man.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
Thanks for checking it out!!

Here is another video, this time is a short instrumental tune called "Bonfires", its a lot different from the other song, so maybe you like it better  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOETvHIY8cY

We will be uploading more videos every week so i hope you guys stay tuned...

I really appreciate all feedback and comments!

Regards!
Rafael.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
Very pretty song. However.....your drummer didn't seem to fit most of it. He seems like a fine player, but I didn't get a sense of groove from him, he seemed pretty rigid in his playing. A groovier drumbeat for most of it, would have helped. But the music was very nice, great playing by everyone else.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:17:23 AM »
Holy crap!  It's the Prog-Metal version of LOS LOBOS.  Can we get "La Bamba" in 13/16?  :lol  

Seriously, though - great playing.  I do agree with Adami's comments, though.  

edit..

I just listened to the instrumental song.  THAT was awesome.  The first one is....okay (songwriting-wise), but the secone one is awesome.  Very tasteful.  I still want La Bamba in 13/16, though. 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »
First thought: do they need all those guitar players?  ;)

Second thought: but hey, this is pretty cool!

I like it! I really do! It's good! The question I'd ask you guys, though, is the same question Adami basically has asked. Why should I listen to Echoes over Dream Theater, Haken, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, etc? Assuming I'm not just someone who gorges himself on prog metal regularly, what's your twist?

That's what I think you guys need. A good twist, at least from the musical perspective.

But otherwise, good work! I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do next!

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 08:55:56 AM »
Yup.  ^
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 05:24:18 PM »
Thanks a lot to everyone for watching and giving your opinion guys!, your are great! i realy appreciate the time you all took for checking it out :-)

Very pretty song. However.....your drummer didn't seem to fit most of it. He seems like a fine player, but I didn't get a sense of groove from him, he seemed pretty rigid in his playing. A groovier drumbeat for most of it, would have helped. But the music was very nice, great playing by everyone else.

Thanks buddy!, i took note on your advice and told the drummer about it, thanks a lot!, we will try to improove the groove thing there :-)

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:02 PM »
First thought: do they need all those guitar players?  ;)

Second thought: but hey, this is pretty cool!

I like it! I really do! It's good! The question I'd ask you guys, though, is the same question Adami basically has asked. Why should I listen to Echoes over Dream Theater, Haken, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, etc? Assuming I'm not just someone who gorges himself on prog metal regularly, what's your twist?

That's what I think you guys need. A good twist, at least from the musical perspective.

But otherwise, good work! I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do next!

Totally understand your point dude!, i have to agree its hard for us to find that "special" thing, i guess its hard for every band...

I would not try to convice you to listen to my band OVER Dt or Sy X etc as you said, i have to admit DT is a BIG influence for us and its been hard to do something that "doesnt sound like DT", but then again, why should i hide my biggest influence?.. As for Symhpny X, Shadow Gallery or even Haken (nice new band), i could say my band is totally different (not better or worse) from those in many aspects...

What we try to do as a "twist", is actually the use of 3 guitars in a way other prog bands does not, we are not on the "shred fest" aproach that is so common, this could be good or bad, it depends on your particular taste i guess..... we also try to include 12 string guitars, lapsteel etc, to give a diferent ambience to the music.... Yes i know this have been made much by other bands, but hey, we have to start from somewhere!

Anyway, here are a couple of new songs i just ended editing and mixing, check them out, i'm really courious about your opinion!, they are pretty much different than the others songs:

Seasons Came To Pass / Far From Coincidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-rQfzqi2xg

Despair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhS4YVUFcGE

Winds Of Dread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8LezbgsEU

Best Regards!
Rafael.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 02:35:20 AM »
Okay, not high on Despair, only because it sounds like stuff I've heard all too often from Dream Theater, Rush, Fates Warning, etc...

That being said, I'm absolutely in love with "Seasons Came to Pass," especially the intro- I'm assuming that's the "Seasons Came to Pass" part whereas the heavier stuff is "Far From Coincidence." "Winds of Dread" is pretty good, too.

Anyway, question- Can any of the other guys in the band sing? My issues isn't with the singer, but if he's in a room with 6 other guys, at least 2 or 3 of 'em should be able to pull off some decently-interesting back-ground vocal harmonies. Some Queen-like two or three part harmonies might do wonders for being that "something different" for you guys.   

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 11:11:50 AM »
Okay, not high on Despair, only because it sounds like stuff I've heard all too often from Dream Theater, Rush, Fates Warning, etc...

That being said, I'm absolutely in love with "Seasons Came to Pass," especially the intro- I'm assuming that's the "Seasons Came to Pass" part whereas the heavier stuff is "Far From Coincidence." "Winds of Dread" is pretty good, too.

Anyway, question- Can any of the other guys in the band sing? My issues isn't with the singer, but if he's in a room with 6 other guys, at least 2 or 3 of 'em should be able to pull off some decently-interesting back-ground vocal harmonies. Some Queen-like two or three part harmonies might do wonders for being that "something different" for you guys.   

Cool!, i'm glad you liked the other songs!! :-)

None of us can sing (sadly), but definetly would be a great idea to learn some singing for harmonies, great advice!, we will for sure put some effort on backing vocals...

Offline Dmytro Ignatov

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 04:58:05 AM »
Hey Rafael, I've just listen to your music, must say it was very nice work, really I can see DT, Symphony X ,Myrath and other band's influences , and it's great because I love all this bands :) Also for my taste will be good to do vocal parts with high notes, like Labrie,Ted Neeley style  ;) But maybe it's how you see it, so wish you good luck ! Also you guys can check my prog-metal band Bez Mezh,and write your thoughts there https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=17552.0

Thanks, Dmytro .

Offline Unimatrix

• The lurking clown
  • They float...
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:26 AM »
Nice music, Rafael! Good work.

The only thing that I would change is the clean sounds of the electric guitars. They sound too "unprocessed" to fit in nicely in the overall atmosphere. Reminds me of Yes, with the exception that back in the day they didn't have the effect units that we guitarists nowadays have ;)

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »
Thanks guys for the great feedback!

Quick update, our album is nominated to the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards, to give us your vote please visit (just need to subscribe quickly, no email confirmation or anything like that):

https://www.independentmusicawards.com/imanominee/10th/album/metal-hardcore/

It will really help us promote our music, so your help is very appreciated! :-)

Here you can check a couple of reviews from the album: https://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=30478

Also check out our youtube channel, i have uploaded some new live footage and will upload more in the next few days!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDeOktw9EK0

Thanks!