Author Topic: Should I be seriously worried?  (Read 8360 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: Should I be seriously worried?
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »
I was at this fucking kickass music festival last weekend and they had awesome pulled pork sandwiches.  True story.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »
I don't know too much about this thing, but Enright is from my town, Brewster. That's all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2010, 07:44:34 PM »
Jesus Christ I hope FOX doesn't try to make him out to be some kind of American hero. This is awful.
Orc, what's this. Who would make some drunken asshole who attacks someone an American hero?

By the way, your Muslim friends are probably making a pretty big mistake keeping their kids out of school.  They're preventing themselves from blending into a generally decent society.  The single best way to gain allies is to have school dealings.  Meet a bunch of the other parents from the school and become one of the gang.  If somebody fucks with "that Muslim house that keeps to themselves all the time," it won't be particularly cared about.  If somebody fucks with the Sawalhas, "little Hosni is in my son's 2nd grade class," that's a whole different story.  They'd have tons of support from people who see them as decent folk just trying to raise their kids.

Funny how this bit of advice wouldn't really have occurred to me, but is plain-as-day obvious.  Sound reasoning and great advice.  :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
Jesus Christ I hope FOX doesn't try to make him out to be some kind of American hero. This is awful.
Orc, what's this. Who would make some drunken asshole who attacks someone an American hero?

Uh, FOX?  That's not to say that they'd hang a medal on him and stand him in front of a flag like Patton,  but they'd certainly slip in the sympathetic angles for the Tea-baggers to latch onto.  Remember Joseph Stack?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 06:50:40 AM »

Uh, FOX?  That's not to say that they'd hang a medal on him and stand him in front of a flag like Patton,  but they'd certainly slip in the sympathetic angles for the Tea-baggers to latch onto.  Remember Joseph Stack?

This.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 05:58:51 AM »
Appreciate everybody's response, especially El Barto, it was a great advice and I actually talked to the dad on the phone from Egypt -where I was till yesterday- and almost read him your post word by word, he's convinced and today they sent the kids back to school, but boy did they sound terrified for a while.
In addition to the dimwits who think the Masjid near ground zero is a brilliant idea for brining people together; shit is hitting the fan even worse as I discovered 9/11 this year will be so close to our annual religious holidays.
The fuckin dimwits, everyone was starting to get along again, the fuckin dimwits..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.