Author Topic: Pain of Salvation thread, v.2 (merged)  (Read 448547 times)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pain of Salvation thread, v.2 (merged)
« Reply #2275 on: October 16, 2015, 04:00:35 AM »
If it means a return to the Remedy Lane and TPE type of style, I'm all for it.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2276 on: October 16, 2015, 05:45:41 AM »
So unreal that this is happening, I'm totally ready.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2277 on: October 16, 2015, 05:49:04 AM »
´bout fucking time.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2278 on: October 17, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »
HYPE
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2279 on: October 17, 2015, 05:38:33 PM »
I'm ready.

I only listen up to and including Be, so it will be nice to have another album for the collection

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2280 on: January 27, 2016, 03:18:20 PM »
He's gotten sick and he's therefore unable to perform.
Apparently, I've heard this from a very well-informed friend but take it with a grain of salt as I am still underslept and confused ;D, their bus driver also bailed on them, so now the bassist of Imminent Sonic Destruction drives them around. Holy shit can you have any more bad luck in one tour.

Can verify, I was on this tour with ISD. lel

Offline Hanz Gruber

« Reply #2281 on: January 27, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »
Any new updates?  I actually really liked Falling Home.  He made some of the songs that I was never really too big of a fan of better.  So much so that I can appreciate the originals now too.

A new album in the vein of TPE or Remedy Lane is more than welcome though

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2282 on: January 27, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »
Damn, saw the thread bumped and got excited, but no updates. :'(

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2283 on: January 27, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »
PoS has posted several photos on Facebook from the recording studio about a week ago.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2284 on: January 27, 2016, 09:26:13 PM »
PoS has posted several photos on Facebook from the recording studio about a week ago.

Good enough.  :metal

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2285 on: April 22, 2016, 08:42:50 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/Painofsalvation/posts/10154971013369657

In the Passing Light of Day

"There is some interesting news coming up in the next few days. I'm not the one to shower our fans with news about every little thing we do, since I don't... well, since I simply don't enjoy that social direction. So, in the last months we have simply worked on the new album, which is turning out absolutely awesome! The album title (which I know you have been waiting for and speculated about) is:

In the Passing Light of Day

However, we have also prepared another little surprise release for you all, scheduled for June. I can't wait to see how this will be received, but I have a feeling it will be very appreciated. 😀

Anyway, that about that for now, keep your eyes and ears open and you'll get more intel on the surprise release and the new album in the next coming days.

Wet kisses!

/Daniel"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2286 on: April 22, 2016, 08:44:30 AM »
whoa, sweet.

hope it's good :V

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2287 on: April 22, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »
Huh, I'm excited. Love the album title.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2288 on: April 22, 2016, 08:54:39 AM »
Sounds like finally something is happening, it's about time.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2289 on: April 22, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »
I wonder what the special other release is. Possibly some sort of re-release? Or a live recording or some kind.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #2290 on: April 22, 2016, 10:44:07 AM »
Goddamnit, I've been checking the FB page each day and every day then when there's news, it just happens to be the day when I stop checking. :lol

Really excited for the album, especially as it's the first one in 5 years. Curious about the other release, maybe that's why they spent so long in the studio?

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #2291 on: April 22, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »
I wonder what the special other release is. Possibly some sort of re-release? Or a live recording or some kind.
Another acoustic live ep? :D

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2292 on: April 22, 2016, 02:16:53 PM »
Another acoustic live ep? :D

I hope not. LOL

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2293 on: April 22, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »
Considering Daniel wrote last year that the new album would be closer to The Perfect Element/Remedy Lane/Entropia, this album could be a sleeper hit. I liked RS2 more than most, but I'm not really expecting much from a PoS album at the moment (other than being good), so if this album comes out and is really great, I think the time is ripe for PoS to return to form.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2294 on: April 22, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
Anxiously awaiting this one.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #2295 on: April 23, 2016, 05:01:20 AM »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #2296 on: April 23, 2016, 05:42:21 AM »
The 'another little surprise' would be this?
https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/pain_of_salvation/remedy_lane_relived/#461831

Interesting decision to remix and do a live album of Remedy Lane. I'm not personally interested in that though. I'd be interested in a live DVD.

The album cover on the Re-Lived version sucks. :lol

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2297 on: April 24, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »
The 'another little surprise' would be this?
https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/pain_of_salvation/remedy_lane_relived/#461831

Interesting decision to remix and do a live album of Remedy Lane. I'm not personally interested in that though. I'd be interested in a live DVD.

The album cover on the Re-Lived version sucks. :lol

Haha, yeah, top notch graphic design there. I'm sure it was one of those impossible band requests designers hate. :rollin

I'd buy the vinyl if they did a great mix of the show. I find live records from bands with limited budgets tend to sound awful.

Also, I see they avoided "Thorn Clown." Just because it's a bonus track? I assumed from its placement after "This Heart of Mine (I Pledge)" it was story/narrative-relevant.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2298 on: April 24, 2016, 05:11:08 PM »
Oh I'm totally buying that, providing it's just a remix (Jens is awesome) and not a re-recording.

The live version? Meh. Still not a huge fan of the current band line up. Still hoping against hope that one day Johan, Johan, Frederick, and Kristopher come back. :( That was such a magic line up. Now it's just Daniel and a bunch of talented but unimportant hipsters.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: April 24, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »
I'm buying it too.  Sucks they left off Clown.

Offline gilpdawg

« Reply #2300 on: April 25, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »
Well, Remedy Lane has only been played in full twice, and I was there for one of them, so I've got a 50/50 shot!

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #2301 on: April 28, 2016, 09:32:50 AM »
From PoS FB. Most of it about the RL re-release and one paragraph about ItPLoD.

+++ PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS +++

CENTURY-MEDIA PRESS RELEASE 2016-04-28

Pain of Salvation to release “Remedy Lane Re:visited (Re:mixed & Re:lived)”! New studio album update and first details revealed!

Swedish progressive rock/metal innovators Pain of Salvation have announced a very special reissue version of their classic 2002 album “Remedy Lane” entitled “Remedy Lane Re:visited (Re:mixed & Re:lived)” for July 1st, 2016 via InsideOutMusic.
With this release, Pain of Salvation re-visit their ground-breaking and genre-bending “Remedy Lane” album by teaming up with old companion and mixing engineer wizard Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Symphony X, Devin Townsend, Haken, etc.) for a new sonic take on the original recordings as well as the intense full-album live performance from ProgPower USA Festival from 2014.

Both these “Remedy Lane” recordings will be made available either together as 2CD Digipak format dubbed “Remedy Lane Re:visited (Re:mixed & Re:lived)” with a total playing time of 142 minutes or individually as Gatefold 2LP (+ Its corresponding album as bonus CD) or Digital Download versions, respectively called “Remedy Lane Re:mixed” (Playing time: 68 min.) and “Remedy Lane Re:lived” (Playing time: 74 min). The releases will come with revised artwork, expanded booklet design and extensive liner-notes by Daniel Gildenlöw.

Pain of Salvation’s Daniel Gildenlöw commented as follows about the re-mix project:
“Jens Bogren, aka Fascination Street Studios, approached us a few years after the release of “Remedy Lane“, saying he was a fan of the band and kindly offered his services. He was later involved in “BE” and “Scarsick“, but always in the periphery, since we were taking new directions in our sound and production by then. His true strengths lay in that impressive wall-of-sound type production that we had been aiming for with “The Perfect Element“ and “Remedy Lane“, and I always wondered how those albums would have sounded in the care of his skillful hands. Maybe it was time to find out?“

More details about pre-order start for this release (and its various vinyl options) will be available in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, we can also bring you the great news that Pain of Salvation are currently working on a new studio album release together with acclaimed producer Daniel Bergstrand (In Flames, Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad, etc.) at Dug-Out Productions in Sweden.

The album will be entitled “In The Passing Light Of Day” and is expected to be released later in the year via longtime label-partner InsideOutMusic.

Daniel Gildenlöw checked in with the following status report:
“For those who don’t already know, we are currently deep into recording the new Pain of Salvation album “In the Passing Light of Day” with brilliant producer Daniel Bergstrand. This cooperation feels like a match made in heaven (or rather some other cool place that I actually believe in), and he was as thrilled to be working with us as we with him. The album will see us go back to our heavy roots again, with a vengeance, and we all feel that we are writing a super strong new chapter in the history of the band. Just wait and you’ll see. Damn, we just want everyone to hear this stuff already! :)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2302 on: April 28, 2016, 09:46:45 AM »
new metal PoS = i'm actually pretty hyped

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2303 on: April 28, 2016, 10:17:48 AM »
I'm happy to hear they're revisiting their heavier roots, but I'll need to hear it before getting too excited.  It's an entirely different band from those early days, so it'll be interesting to see if they can capture the magic that existed on those early discs.  Fingers crossed! 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2304 on: April 28, 2016, 10:52:55 AM »
Metal PoS could be TPE/Entropia or it could be Scarsick, so I won't get my hopes up, but it does sound really interesting and I think it could be a big surprise given the low bar of expectations. Remedy Lane as far as I'm concerned is their 4th best album and new versions of old albums are never great (they can be OK, but never better than the original) so I don't really care much about that announcement. I have the original Remedy Lane on CD and vinyl, so this is not something I'll be getting.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2305 on: April 28, 2016, 11:07:07 AM »
I have the original Remedy Lane but I'm still probably going to buy this one too. Love that album.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2306 on: April 28, 2016, 12:44:15 PM »
I'm not interested in the remix. The original sounds fine to my ears and I never thought that Remedy Lane should be a wall-of-sound album.

The live concert is more interesting for me, but if they play the album note for note I don't need it either (but will probably get it nonetheless).

Metal PoS doesn't get me quite excited at this point. Scarsick was metal also, and while I quite like it, it's nothing I want them to revisit.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2307 on: April 28, 2016, 02:06:44 PM »
I'm actually really interested in the remix and will be buying it.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #2308 on: April 28, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »
I'm not interested in the remix. The original sounds fine to my ears and I never thought that Remedy Lane should be a wall-of-sound album.

Yeah, pretty much. If any PoS album should be remixed, it should be 'One Hour By The Concrete Lake'.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2309 on: April 28, 2016, 02:40:10 PM »
+1 to that, only album that suffers production wise imo