Author Topic: Pain of Salvation thread, v.2 (merged)  (Read 449448 times)

Offline goo-goo

Re: Pain of Salvation thread, v.2 (merged)
« Reply #2730 on: February 12, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
I love Meaningless. Love everything about this song: the riffs, the drum playing, Zolberg's voice...kickass song!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2731 on: February 14, 2017, 09:05:13 AM »
Qs and As from PoS at CTTE

RECORDED BY JOEL BARRIOS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gvb6QVYNGw 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2732 on: February 16, 2017, 07:26:50 AM »
I hope the title track grows on me... what a colossal letdown. 

So far, On a Tuesday is my favorite by far. The rest is decent to good.

Right now I'd rank this album between Scarsick & The Road Salt stuff.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2733 on: February 16, 2017, 07:56:46 AM »
I find the combination of If This Is The End and Passing Light Of Day just glorious, took some time, but now I'm really into it. The album as a whole isn't bad but I think it's more similar to Scarsick (maybe the more modern sounding guitars) than to Perfect Element or Remedy Lane.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2734 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
Spending some time with the new album this week as I grabbed a ticket for their NYC show next weekend (always happy to see prog metal Jesus for $25) and it's growing on me. Early favorite is probably The Taming of a Beast. Also been listening to the Remedy Lane remaster and goddamn if that album isn't an absolute masterpiece.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2735 on: February 16, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »
Spending some time with the new album this week as I grabbed a ticket for their NYC show next weekend (always happy to see prog metal Jesus for $25) and it's growing on me. Early favorite is probably The Taming of a Beast. Also been listening to the Remedy Lane remaster and goddamn if that album isn't an absolute masterpiece.

Great show in Dallas last night. The new songs sound great live.

Got to talk to Ragnar for a bit. Pretty cool down to earth guy. So that weird bagpipe sounding patch in the intro to Meaningless, he did it with his voice and a few other sounds...but it's mainly his voice.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2736 on: February 16, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
So that weird bagpipe sounding patch in the intro to Meaningless, he did it with his voice and a few other sounds...but it's mainly his voice.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #2737 on: February 16, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »
Meaningless has strangely crept into my list of favorites on the album

Online Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2738 on: February 17, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »

I also saw options for a meet and greet.  Just $50 or $60.  Was tempted to grab one of those.  It's not every day you get a chance to meet Daniel.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2739 on: February 17, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »
Meaningless has strangely crept into my list of favorites on the album

Me too. I didn't think much of it when the video came out. I only listened to it once as I'm not really a fan of music videos. But I like how it fits in with the album and it stands up on its own too.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2740 on: February 17, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »

I also saw options for a meet and greet.  Just $50 or $60.  Was tempted to grab one of those.  It's not every day you get a chance to meet Daniel.

You should go for it. I did and don't regret it. I spent most of the time talking to Ragnar. Daniel was held up by a female fan and she basicaly hoarded him for the rest of the meet and greet. I did get to snap a pic with DG and the whole band. And got the new album signed by the whole band as well.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2741 on: February 17, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »

Yeah, I saw that. Certainly reasonably priced compared to most other meet and greets. I guess I just don't think I'm enough of a fan to feel like purchasing it. Don't know what I'd talk with them about.

edit: plus, that leaves more time for drinking at Cooper's Kitchen beforehand :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2742 on: February 17, 2017, 03:38:33 PM »
But be prepared for a long gig. In Dallas, there were two local opening bands, then District 97 (which kicked ass in so many ways) and PoS. Show started at 8 and PoS ended their set at 1230am. I don't think D97 is playing in NYC though.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2743 on: February 17, 2017, 05:14:40 PM »
I wish they would have had a Philly date. Can't make it to NYC  :'(

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2744 on: February 17, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »
But be prepared for a long gig. In Dallas, there were two local opening bands, then District 97 (which kicked ass in so many ways) and PoS. Show started at 8 and PoS ended their set at 1230am. I don't think D97 is playing in NYC though.

Yeah, sadly no District 97 for us. There are two opening bands listed and the show starts at 7, so hopefully not too late a night considering it's a Sunday night show.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2745 on: February 17, 2017, 06:39:55 PM »

Yeah, sadly no District 97 for us. There are two opening bands listed and the show starts at 7, so hopefully not too late a night considering it's a Sunday night show.

Who needs D97 when you get Next to None? :biggrin:
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2746 on: February 17, 2017, 07:00:27 PM »

Wait, I swear they weren't on the bill like two days ago :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2747 on: February 18, 2017, 08:20:11 AM »

Wait, I swear they weren't on the bill like two days ago :lol

They are now! How exciting! Having seen both Pain of Salvation and District 97 on the cruise I had no reason to go to the NYC show, but now it'll be tough to keep me away!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2748 on: February 18, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »
You should go for it. I did and don't regret it. I spent most of the time talking to Ragnar. Daniel was held up by a female fan and she basicaly hoarded him for the rest of the meet and greet. I did get to snap a pic with DG and the whole band. And got the new album signed by the whole band as well.

That's cool! How long was the meet and greet and how many hours before the show was it in your case? I'm all about getting pics with bands I love. Would be cool to meet Daniel too.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2749 on: February 18, 2017, 09:28:00 PM »

That's cool! How long was the meet and greet and how many hours before the show was it in your case? I'm all about getting pics with bands I love. Would be cool to meet Daniel too.

It was close to an hour with about 10-12 people plus the band.

The meet and greet started at 645pm. Show (first opening band) started at 8pm. PoS went 3 hrs later.

I would check with the venue because at first, it was scheduled at 5pm, then it was moved until 630 the same day.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2750 on: February 19, 2017, 08:03:47 AM »

One of the shows which blew people's minds during Cruise to the Edge is now here in 4K quality for you to re-live it. Many thanks to Rod Millan for helping me to record this and some other shows (You can listen to his voice near to the camera sometimes, a proof of how excited he was with this performance). Daniel Gildenlöw and his crew took the boat by storm... If you haven't check out their new album yet, you are missing out on a fantastic one!

Note: YouTube might tailor the quality according to your connection bandwidth, yet the whole thing can be watched at Ultra HD if you change the playback quality...

Credits to Joel Barrios

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_HHfxQC6Bc&feature=youtu.be

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: February 19, 2017, 11:29:31 AM »
Awesome. Thanks for posting! That was a nice set.

Online Adami

« Reply #2752 on: February 19, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »
Weird keyboard patch for that main melody in Full Throttle Tribe. Though maybe it was a mistake, but they kept using it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2753 on: February 19, 2017, 12:13:04 PM »
I listened to In the passing light of day a bunch upon release, but didn't listen to it again until today. Hot damn this is a great album.

The honeymoon period is over, the new car smell has dissipated. All that's left is one damn fine album  :metal

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2754 on: February 19, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for posting! That was a nice set.

Your welcome.

Awesome set indeed

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2755 on: February 19, 2017, 10:22:52 PM »
Weird keyboard patch for that main melody in Full Throttle Tribe. Though maybe it was a mistake, but they kept using it.

Yeah it didn't sound as good as the one on the album.

Was Zolberg drunk during this performance?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2756 on: February 24, 2017, 06:10:19 PM »
Random question, but is Oceans of Slumber no longer opening for PoS on this tour? The tickets said they were opening when I bought it, but the venue's website now says Next to None. I've seen Next to None before, so I was hoping for Oceans. Oh well.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2757 on: February 24, 2017, 07:31:12 PM »
Random question, but is Oceans of Slumber no longer opening for PoS on this tour? The tickets said they were opening when I bought it, but the venue's website now says Next to None. I've seen Next to None before, so I was hoping for Oceans. Oh well.

They didn't play Texas either. Not sure if the band couldn't do the tour last minute.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2758 on: February 26, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »
finally actually spinning this & i'd say angels of broken things is def my least favorite, only track that doesn't do much for me at all

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2759 on: February 26, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »
I don't get the indifference towards Angels of Broken Things that you guys are feeling. I really like it, it's one of my favorites actually.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online Adami

« Reply #2760 on: February 26, 2017, 02:57:43 PM »
I don't get the indifference towards Angels of Broken Things that you guys are feeling. I really like it, it's one of my favorites actually.

It's not bad, the 2nd half is really good actually, but the first half just doesn't offer a ton.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2761 on: February 26, 2017, 08:07:15 PM »
Silent Gold is the weak track for me. I just can't get it.

Online Adami

« Reply #2762 on: February 26, 2017, 08:14:29 PM »
Personally I just can't get into the title track.

At all. What an awful song.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2763 on: February 26, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »
wow  :loser:

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2764 on: February 26, 2017, 09:33:54 PM »
Fun treat at the show tonight, Mike Portnoy played drums for Ashes :hat :metal
Photobucket sucks.