Author Topic: The Official CREED Thread - v. Never Die  (Read 5608 times)

Offline HOF

Re: The Official CREED Thread - v. Never Die
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2023, 01:11:48 PM »
I went back and listened to some of the first two Creed albums recently due to the whole Texas Rangers thing. I didn’t think either held up very well, though there are moments on the first album I still enjoyed (One is probably the band’s high point for me). They aren’t as bad as Nickelback, and I do still have some nostalgia for them (and appreciate them being a non-nu-metal hard rock band in that era), but I also don’t blame anyone for thinking they were lame. Tremonti for one was definitely more talented than his playing in Creed really suggested. I think they kind of lacked the willingness to push any musical boundaries mainly.

Offline HOF

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2023, 01:12:42 PM »
I absolutely despise 3 Doors Down. Was hoping I'd get Big Wreck, but looks like Toronto are the lucky ones.

I still plan on going as the kid wants to see Creed too, as we love us some Tremonti-Phillips-Marshall.

Now 3 Doors Down were really lame. Them and Lifehouse were two from that era that just seemed to want to make the blandest rock music ever.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2023, 01:51:37 PM »
I like some of Lifehouse's stuff as well.  I understand that it's stuff that one would want to slow dance with a beloved one, but still.  There's room for that in the world.

Offline HOF

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2023, 01:53:10 PM »
I like some of Lifehouse's stuff as well.  I understand that it's stuff that one would want to slow dance with a beloved one, but still.  There's room for that in the world.

Oh, nothing wrong with that type of music (I generally prefer it to heavy music). Just that their sound and song(s) (not sure I knew more than Hanging By A Moment) were so bland.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2023, 05:35:31 PM »
You know, after looking over this festival line-up at the show in San Bernardino, it's pretty all right.  The whatever remains of Fuel is left, Vertical Horizon, Finger Eleven, Daughtry, Three Doors Down, and Creed.  I can tolerate everyone on this bill.  Lawn tickets are $55.00, which seems fine for a 6 band bill.  Parking is included in the ticket at Glen Helen Amphitheater, but I don't know if that means it's a good lot to get in and out of.  Thankfully, this show isn't until 08/31/24, so I got some time to mull it over whether to buy a ticket or not.

As for my shirt choice, if I do go, I'll probably sport a Tremonti Sings Sinatra shirt.  I think that's probably my best choice of shirt without looking awkward.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2024, 02:53:45 PM »
So...., what has happened to this band since the last post?  Well, Mark and Stapp took part of a Super Bowl commercial for Paramount+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzk1h7qrj8

Also, Mark on Twitter has announced that Creed and Tonic will be doing a charity acoustic set in Orlando in May to support NDSS and on sites like Loudwire, Creed has announced an arena tour in November with, you guess it, 3 Doors Down and Mammoth WVH and Finger 11.

I like Wolfgang and Mammoth WVH, but he's been opening a lot of shows from the Alter Bridge/Creed/Slash, Myles, and Conspirators camp and hopefully by the time AB comes back into gear in 2025, he can comfortably do his own headlining shows in solid venues.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2024, 03:04:26 PM »
That Paramount Plus commercial is fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2024, 03:47:55 PM »

Oh, nothing wrong with that type of music (I generally prefer it to heavy music). Just that their sound and song(s) (not sure I knew more than Hanging By A Moment) were so bland.

"Sick Cycle Carousel" was always a standout for me, some nice guitar work and tones there.  "Breathing" has a less interesting melody, but some more cool tones and the doubled mandolin riff. 

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2024, 03:59:56 PM »
Personally, I hate the new tour(s) from Creed. Look, I'd go see them again, but holy hell, promoters are charging crazy prices for them with 3DD and Finger 11. Just stupid. Second, I absolutely hate that Alter Bridge is taking a step back (again) for a Creed reunion, and so that Mark and Myles can do solo records.

I also think that there is this incestious thing going on with so many of these bands, and work done by Elvis Baskette and Jeff Moll on albums, and all these groups playing together. Enough already. It's like this cult, and at least in Alter Bridge's case, they can't see/hear that all their records sound so sonically similar it is getting stale.

I don't really want to be negative, but I'm just not interested in all of this. Yes, I'll pick up the Creed record when it is done (and I am sure it'll be recorded, mixed, and produced by Elvis Baskette and Jeff Moll), but I don't see the value in this tour to bother. Not for what my local show costs. Easy pass.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2024, 08:30:00 PM »
The Creed show nearest me is on a Saturday between the Metallica shows that are Friday and Sunday. I don't think I can justify three nights in a row away from the wife and kids. Two would be OK. I had been planning to get tickets to both Metallica nights. Can't decide if I stick to the original plan or just do one Metallica night and Creed.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2024, 08:33:22 PM »
Yeah, i picked up 3 tickets today for the NY MSG show. Wasn't surprised an arena fall tour was announced at all. They're just capitalizing while the iron is hot. Get suckers (I mean fans) like me to see another show after the summer tour.