Author Topic: DTF golfer's thread v. coolgolfstorybro  (Read 25071 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF golfer's thread v. coolgolfstorybro
« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2020, 01:11:48 PM »
Nope, that was yesterday, at 16, during the practice round of Fowler and Rahm.
“I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Inglourious Basstard
« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2020, 09:33:28 PM »
That was nuts. Almost as nuts as it being November 11 and The Masters starts tomorrow.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online kingshmegland

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #457 on: November 12, 2020, 06:49:42 AM »
I'm looking forward to see what the course looks like in November.
“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2020, 06:56:35 AM »
Rain. It looks like rain.
“I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online kingshmegland

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #459 on: November 12, 2020, 07:06:56 AM »
Today only though correct?  I know that will affect the greens tomorrow as well.  They'll play slower.
“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Inglourious Basstard
« Reply #460 on: November 15, 2020, 12:31:16 PM »
It is really weird seeing someone hit a great shot at Augusta, and then hear nothing but silence (there is a smattering of clapping, but it is still eerie). 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline T-ski

« Reply #461 on: November 15, 2020, 08:18:57 PM »
Tiger put up a 10 on the par 3 12th in the final round......still had a 39 on the back nine.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #462 on: November 16, 2020, 05:43:24 AM »
Congrats to D.J. What a performance! That dude is the consummate professional. During the Butler Cabin interview, I couldn't believe it when he said that he was nervous all day. You never would have known by looking at his demeanor.

It was weird without the patrons, but at times, it was pretty cool too. With all the HD drones the broadcast was using, there were great images of the course and the property that you'd never see otherwise.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #463 on: February 23, 2021, 03:20:41 PM »
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-car-accident-los-angeles

Tiger Woods was hospitalized after being involved in a single-car accident in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning. According to his agent, Mark Steinberg, Woods suffered “multiple” leg injuries.

“He is currently in surgery,” Steinberg told Golf Digest, “and we thank you for your privacy and support.”
That dosen't sound good at all, hopefully he can recover.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #464 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-car-accident-los-angeles

Tiger Woods was hospitalized after being involved in a single-car accident in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning. According to his agent, Mark Steinberg, Woods suffered “multiple” leg injuries.

“He is currently in surgery,” Steinberg told Golf Digest, “and we thank you for your privacy and support.”
That dosen't sound good at all, hopefully he can recover.

As someone who was in a brutal car wreck, had to also be removed via the Jaws of Life, suffered multiple leg injuries which required multiple surgeries - I can tell you it does not sound good. I haven't stepped foot on a golf course since my accident in 2007. Gotten as far as the driving range. When you have 1 knee that was turned into swiss cheese due to a shattered femur and an ankle on the other leg that was wrecked, it makes swinging a club and rotating through very difficult. I miss playing so much. Hoping to one day get it together enough to have the confidence to endure/enjoy a round again.
"It is I - Turkey Volume Guessing Man!" - Crow from MST3K
"Military Intelligence - Two Words Combined That Can't Make Sense." - Hangar 18

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #465 on: February 25, 2021, 04:15:18 PM »
The more I read about this, the more I think that Tiger Woods is lucky to be alive.  What a horrific accident.  I can't imagine him ever golfing on a competitive level again; you just hope he recovers to where he can walk again.  It's hard not to fear the worst at this point given that it sounds like he was already addicted to painkillers because of his back issues, and now all of these new issues will add more layers of pain.  Just awful.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #466 on: February 25, 2021, 04:48:49 PM »
Yeah. Could have easily been killed. Most reports are saying there was no indication of drugs or alcohol. That stretch of road and section is apparently notorious for that style of accident.....so it appears it was just a horrible accident.

I loved/love watching Tiger play golf. I had hoped he would have broke that record and until this there was an outside chance he could still pull it off. I don’t see how it’s possible he wins another tournament, much less a major ever again.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Inglourious Basstard
« Reply #467 on: February 25, 2021, 06:21:58 PM »
I was never a Tiger guy. I don't dislike him. Whenever I hear about someone who took up golf because of him, I think that's awesome. But I also didn't enjoy watching a tournament when he was clearly out of contention, yet still garnered most of the coverage. "Hey, PGA Pro, you just won the tournament, how do you feel about Tiger coming in 24th?"

I remember someone saying he grew up playing golf for his dad, then he played as a pro for to get to 18 majors, and now is playing for fun. It would be too bad if his playing for fun days were cut short.