Author Topic: DTF golfer's thread v. coolgolfstorybro  (Read 57039 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF golfer's thread v. coolgolfstorybro
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »
Caught sleeping behind the wheel at 3AM, claims on meds, that he wasn't drinking.  Yeah, right, sure, except....his announced blood alcohol content was reported today as .000.   So, TMZ sure got it wrong about refusing a Breathalyzer.  This is all so odd.

oh, and as to ESPN.  It seems like it has been run by Disney teens for about a decade.  No one would have seen Tiger's pic on any other 'news' publication.  :facepalm:
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »
U.S. Open WOOT WOOT! :metal :yarr :hat

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »
What a gorgeous course. I've never seen Erin Hills before.

Also, having Holly Sonders on FS1 doesn't hurt the broadcast either.

:drool:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:54:32 PM by Podaar »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »
First off, Holly Sonders used to be so much more amazing looking when on the Golf Channel. She looked like the most amazing specimen of woman you could run into in public, at your local gym. Now she looks fake and unnatural. But like 3 years ago, I might have actually killed another human to have her.

Erin Hills looks amazing! All the guys are saying it's the best condition they've ever seen a championship course. There's been no one on it since October! I'm hoping the winds pick up and the course get a little firmer and faster. Regardless of the scores (way to go Rickie!), it didn't look like watching a US Open. I wanna see bigger bounces, more rollout, and LESS control.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2017, 01:01:36 PM »
What an amazing final six holes by Spieth to win The Open !!!! 

Very good round by Kucher, who certainly held his own.  And here was Lin on the practice range while they were on 13, thinking there was the possibility of a playoff (and for good reason at the time).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:27:11 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2017, 01:44:34 PM »
Congrats to Spieth! Kucher was great too..

You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2017, 08:11:05 PM »
My only notable golf story: I used a 9 iron to hit the ball over a pond, but instead of going up and over, it went straight across... Into a duck, breaking its neck. The poor thing want flopping around, and all its buddies swam over to it to see what the matter was. I felt terrible.

On a more positive note, I recently got a hole in one playing miniature golf. :D

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »
Ok, admit it, who here has checked out Tiger Woods' Claret Jug, now that pictures of it have been leaked?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
Will Woods win his first tourney in five years?  He has a shot today.

I will admit that, even though I do not root for him, Woods being back in contention does make things more interesting.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »
How does Reed leave that put short?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2018, 04:13:07 PM »
How does Reed leave that put short?

Little known fact ... 100% of putts short of the cup do not go in.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »
Chad, he didn't make the hill and it rolled back.  His first shot was killer.  It's his second shot is the shot that truly failed him but if he 2 putted, he gets to a playoff.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »
Are you guys so fucking bored you have to meet in a golf thread??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2018, 05:04:52 PM »
Tough talk there Tim.   Mrs. TAC must not be near you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »
Tough talk there Tim.   Mrs. TAC must not be near you.

She'd call you guys pussies too! :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »
 :lol

I took Lisa to a few tournaments and the grounds get the girls all crazy flowers, the elements, you know.  The pace of the pros are so fast.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »
Will Woods win his first tourney in five years?  He has a shot today.

I will admit that, even though I do not root for him, Woods being back in contention does make things more interesting.

Yeah. I’d think it’s a near guarantee they had the best ratings in years today. I like rooting for Woods. Could care less about how big a dick he is....and by all accounts he’s a dick....but love to watch him play golf. He had a shot today for sure. I think he may win a tourney or two this year. Needs (4) wine to become the all time win leader  He has (79), Snead has (82). That’s more impressive to me than the majors.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
Gary. He's a dick that likes sharing his dick.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2018, 06:07:25 PM »
Gary. He's a dick that likes sharing his dick.

But he's a really great golfer that single handedly changed the sport of golf forever. Watching him utterly dominate for a decade was fun. The $$$ these guys are winning these days is ALL due to Tiger Woods and what he did for the sport. The level of play these guys are playing at these days is ALL because of Tiger. Outside of Gretzky...there isn't another sports figure out there who changed the face of his sport....and I'd argue that Tiger changed Golf way more than Gretzky did hockey.

Too bad he's a friggin A-Hole

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »
But he's a really great golfer that single handedly changed the sport of golf forever. Watching him utterly dominate for a decade was fun. The $$$ these guys are winning these days is ALL due to Tiger Woods and what he did for the sport. The level of play these guys are playing at these days is ALL because of Tiger. Outside of Gretzky...there isn't another sports figure out there who changed the face of his sport....and I'd argue that Tiger changed Golf way more than Gretzky did hockey.

The other person that changed their um..sport's earnings exponentially was Jeff Gordon.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2018, 06:10:48 PM »

Little known fact ... 100% of putts short of the cup do not go in.

Incorrect.  I had a stats teacher who did a fun analysis, and proved with graphs that '95% of all putts that are short do not go in'.   It has to deal with percentages of times there's a witness or not ;)

My wife paid our way to three tourneys to see Tiger (and Phil).  What the man did was amazing plus.  I pulled for him, because I was watching history being made.  Mr. Clutch.  Now.......well, it was interesting to watch today.  But the days of cheering for him are long past.  I'm no saint, but he built up his image and empire as such a 'holier than thou' persona.  If it makes sense, I'd forgive and mostly forget if it was John Daly.  Can't do it with Woods.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2018, 06:58:51 PM »
The other person that changed their um..sport's earnings exponentially was Jeff Gordon.

That's probably a whole other thread topic....being I think some would argue the whole 'sports' aspect of driving. I've heard the argument 'for' racing as a sport....believe me, my brother in law is a nut about it and one thing he doesn't do when he talks about something he likes is shut up.

I'll take your word for it that Jeff Gordon changed racing though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2018, 07:00:15 PM »

That's probably a whole other thread topic....being I think some would argue the whole 'sports' aspect of driving. I've heard the argument 'for' racing as a sport....believe me, my brother in law is a nut about it and one thing he doesn't do when he talks about something he likes is shut up.

I'll take your word for it that Jeff Gordon changed racing though.

I'm no NASCAR fan. It's just the big paydays really coincided with his time, as it did with Tiger.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2018, 07:32:37 PM »
Driving a car is not a sport, but that's a whole other discussion.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2018, 07:45:20 PM »
Driving a car is not a sport, but that's a whole other discussion.

Sure, driving a car might not be a sport, but racing a car can be.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2018, 07:35:13 AM »
I watch ALL the golf, but that was the most engaged and excited I've been while watching in a long time! I think golf fans are in for a real treat this year.

And I think the opinions you guys have of Tiger as a person are waaaayyyy off base. I guess part of me can see how those opinions might form, but only to people on the outside that don't pay very close attention. Let's not mistake some of his habits in regards to dealing with the media as a full picture of who he is. I also wouldn't, even in his pre-scandal days, agree that he's portrayed himself as "holier than thou". The only image Tiger ever pushed was the one on the golf course. Everything else is just a product of our obsession to know more about a guy that wouldn't give us ANYTHING... so we tried to fill in the blanks for the rest of the story, and WE were wrong. That's our fault...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2018, 07:42:24 AM »
We were wrong that he cheated on his wife and pork the whole world? :lol

He's fucking Tiger Woods and he's porking some waitress in a car at some flapjack joint.  That's not misleading.

BTW, I want him to win.  He's great for the game.  No on has truly took over the mantle as a great that can sustain what he did on the course for 2 decades.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
I agree he changed the game... but he hasn't been relevant for 5+ years, and his 'fall from grace' started 10 years ago.  Basically, we're almost past the tipping point where the amount of time he was *the* guy is less than the time he's been (virtually) irrelevant - yet the golf media still felates over him any opportunity they can.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2018, 08:01:30 AM »
He was the biggest athlete in the world, on his way to over $1 billion in total pay. He, more so at that time I think, was surrounded by nothing but YES men trying to get their buck. Not only was he literally on top of the world, but apparently also a sex addict. That shouldn't be all that surprising from someone who is such a control freak, and also trying to keep his edge as "the guy on TOP of the world". On top of that, he didn't have exactly have an affair. The 14+ women made it very clear clear that it was just sex. All that taken into consideration, I would say that:
He's fucking Tiger Woods and he's porking some waitress in a car at some flapjack joint.
... is kinda misleading. I also don't think he's the same person he was a decade ago. I sure fucking hope he's grown in all that time, being a father, going thru hell with his physical and mental health. Tiger's a bro. He's gonna rip on you, and can take it when you rip on him. Take not on how other players don't say, "Man, Tiger's a real dick!"

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »
I agree he changed the game... but he hasn't been relevant for 5+ years, and his 'fall from grace' started 10 years ago.  Basically, we're almost past the tipping point where the amount of time he was *the* guy is less than the time he's been (virtually) irrelevant - yet the golf media still felates over him any opportunity they can.

I'm inclined to agree about the media aspect. They waste no opportunity to talk Tiger. But, as it's been said hundreds of times, and was on display this weekend seeing the crowds following him, Tiger doesn't move the needle, he IS the needle.

It is funny that his last relevant season was 2013. A lot of these young guys weren't on tour yet. They say things like, "I wish I could play with Tiger in his prime!" Be careful what you wish for, like Spieth who played with him in rds 1/2 and missed the cut on a course he won ok 2 years ago.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2018, 08:17:49 AM »
Where do you get it's misleading sylvan?  I don't hate him, i want him to win.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
BTW, when someone says Tiger is a dick, I think it's someone who wouldn't act like him.  There could be other descriptions but it's how a person feels that wouldn't cheat on his wife.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2018, 08:30:23 AM »
Sylvan, I'm a huge TW fan.....because I like watching him golf. But you can spend 10 minutes on the net and find legit stories about him and realize he's just not that nice. I thought of listing some of them but it's not really relevant.

I get that Chad but this isn't like Peyton Manning declining in performance. Tiger made golf interesting and relevant and flat out inspired players like Speith, Fowler etc. to take the game to the next level. The talent that is on the PGA tour right now is the best it's ever been and it's all due to Tiger. As long as Tiger Woods is still playing golf the media is going to make him center stage...main story. Paul Casey won yesterday yet near every article on the web is 'Tiger misses by 1 stroke'. That's the story, not Paul Casey wins because who gives a  :censored about Paul Casey and his (2) PGA tour wins?

I can't imagine Tiger is playing much longer given his issues are back related and golf is brutal on one's back....but while he's healthy I'll root for the dude to win.

Just saw King's post:
BTW, when someone says Tiger is a dick, I think it's someone who wouldn't act like him.  There could be other descriptions but it's how a person feels that wouldn't cheat on his wife.

One example I read that has been corroborated:

Tiger and Zac Johnson were room mates when they were playing on the Ryder Cup team back when Tiger was Tiger. He (Tiger) knew that Zac was a devout Christian and thought it'd be funny to keep pRon running on every TV in their suite the whole time they were there. Even when approached by Johnson to cut the schtick TW refused.

Could have been a 'joke' or whatever but in my eyes it's a dick move. There are also COUNTLESS stories about how cheap he is with tipping etc., and given what happened to him and his career....sounds like the guy got what he deserved.

BUT...I do believe that Tiger is a different dude today than he was 10 years ago. You can see it and read about it. I think he's made some changes but just like before.....I'm personally not to concerned about that. If he has, then good for him. But I just like to watch him play golf and win. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
It sucks for dieheard fans like my dad who love to watch golf and get annoyed how it gets turned into the Tiger Show, all for ratings and to appease the millions of "fans" who freely admit that they wouldn't give a crap about golf if Tiger wasn't there.

Personally, I like watching just to see him lose.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »
I find it kinda interesting that Tiger is the next President's Cup captain. I have to imagine that he believes he can make that team as a player. I'm not sure I would disagree. Time will tell what his health and game are gonna be like, but he has to think to himself and that he can still be at/near the top of the game.