Author Topic: DTF golfer's thread v. coolgolfstorybro  (Read 9683 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: DTF golfer's thread v. coolgolfstorybro
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:39 PM »
I find it kinda interesting that Tiger is the next President's Cup captain. I have to imagine that he believes he can make that team as a player. I'm not sure I would disagree. Time will tell what his health and game are gonna be like, but he has to think to himself and that he can still be at/near the top of the game.

If he remains healthy I dont see how you dont have him play.

It sucks for dieheard fans like my dad who love to watch golf and get annoyed how it gets turned into the Tiger Show, all for ratings and to appease the millions of "fans" who freely admit that they wouldn't give a crap about golf if Tiger wasn't there.

Personally, I like watching just to see him lose.

I was in to golf prior to Tiger....which is why I became enthralled with him. It was just unreal how dominant he was for well over a decade.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2018, 06:35:20 AM »
Just saw on Morning Drive from MSNBC:

Nike's brand marketing value of Tiger's performance at Valspar:
GOLF channel/NBC - $3.8 million
TV local/nat'l/int'l - $1.2 million
Online - $4.1 million
Twitter - $1.7 million
Total overall value for Nike - $10.8 million

Online sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple

Online sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2018, 06:40:25 AM »
My favorite week of the year is here...... The Masters! I can't wait to see the azaleas!

Great weekend of golf leading in. Ian Poulter winning is a great story. That putt was clutch... whatta ya know? :biggrin: And it's still not over for the ladies at the ANA. Watching them playoff in the dark was super exciting, but I just can't see how Inbee loses this.

Online kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2018, 07:12:51 AM »
My favorite week of the year is here...... The Masters! I can't wait to see the azaleas!

Great weekend of golf leading in. Ian Poulter winning is a great story. That putt was clutch... whatta ya know? :biggrin: And it's still not over for the ladies at the ANA. Watching them playoff in the dark was super exciting, but I just can't see how Inbee loses this.

Even my wife likes watching The Masters with me!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2018, 09:51:48 AM »
Then I'm inclined to say you're a lucky man :yarr

Online kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2018, 10:03:14 AM »
 :lol

I really am.  I took her to a few Senior Opens in Concord, MA.  She saw Chi Chi, Arnold Palmer,  The Walrus, Lee Trevino, Hale Erwin.  You name it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam