Author Topic: Our first "song."  (Read 981 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Our first "song."
« on: July 30, 2010, 12:38:57 AM »
Let me preface this audio file with a few things. Originally, we were jamming with another guitarist and a rhythm guitarist, but they flaked on us too many times, so now it's down to just me and the drummer. The singer we met with also flaked hardcore.

We've made a few changes to this song from the version in the file. We recorded it this way to make sure all our recording stuff worked properly. Also, after listening to this file, the drummer said he's going to calm down a bit on his drums: he's got fills all over the place and he wants just a more solid beat. This hinders me as well, at least during the solo. He kind of strays a bit and it's hard for me to keep time. We both had a few small goofs here and there, but I think it's still worth a listen.

https://www.supload.com/listen?s=x8OKBl
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
Re: Our first "song."
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 07:30:23 PM »
So you recorded it live? It sounds good, man. The drumming is a little busy i suppose, but he's pretty good!

:metal

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Our first "song."
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »
yeah, he had 4 drum mics hooked up to the mixer and the condenser wouldnt work so i recorded my amp with another drum mic lol. ran the main out from the mixer to my computer's line-in and recorded with audacity.
Listen! Do you smell something?