Author Topic: Obama: Israel must halt all settlement activity  (Read 28540 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Obama: Israel must halt all settlement activity
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2010, 05:36:11 PM »
Just watched the video, he seriously ran INTO the moving car. I mean, sorry but that's just not a bright idea no matter what ancient conflict you're a part of.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »
Gotta say, the video and the title are both funny as shit.  I understand what Ack's intention was with this particular post, and I'm cool with it. 

I dunno, I never really find anything funny about the palestinian suffering, even if it is brought on by themselves. I guess I'm too close to the conflict emotionally to find any part of it funny. Which is odd since I can joke about the holocaust.
I imagine its because you weren't emotionally attached to the holocaust itself.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »
Just watched the video

Fuck, no wonder you thought I made up that title.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »
Just watched the video

Fuck, no wonder you thought I made up that title.

The world is filled with people who would make up that kind of title.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
I don't think this video made news. Probably was released by a Palestinian organization or something.
More like the front page on Friday's paper.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »
Boys run over and miraculously survive!!!
Israeli SETTLER DELIBERATELY RAMS CAR INTO PALESTINIAN KIDS
Leader of Jewish settlers in the East al-Quds (Jerusalem) neighborhood of Silwan has deliberately run over two Palestinian children and fled the scene.

Seriously, Adami, you have to see the humor in this. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
I can see that there is humor in there, but I don't find them funny.

Like I said, it's probably because I'm closer to the conflict than any of you. It's harder for me to be distant from it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »
I don't think this video made news. Probably was released by a Palestinian organization or something.
More like the front page on Friday's paper.

link?

wtf is the internet?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2010, 12:14:44 AM »
Just watched the video, he seriously ran INTO the moving car. I mean, sorry but that's just not a bright idea no matter what ancient conflict you're a part of.

The conflict ain't ancient.  Sorry.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2010, 01:07:01 AM »
Leader of Jewish settlers in the East al-Quds (Jerusalem) neighborhood of Silwan has deliberately run over two Palestinian children and fled the scene.

I thought this was funny at first but actually after watching the video 50 times I think the car actually DOES hit the kids deliberately  :angry:

wtf is the internet?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
I read that the guy driving had his children in his car.. there is a history of them killing Jes who drive into the wrong neighborhood, so his fear and panic is rational to protect his family...

The question is "why are these kids out throwing rocks at cars and would the world care if the driver was injured ?.. the answer is NO.. sadly
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:54:40 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online Adami

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »
Who's Jes?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2010, 02:34:39 PM »
Who's Jes?

whoops typo..I meant "jews who make a wrong turn into hostile neihgborhoods"
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online Adami

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010, 02:36:39 PM »
Ohh, I have no idea why I couldn't figure that out. Just a 1 letter typo. My bad.

Also, I'm curious what some of your reactions would be if it weren't israelis and palestinians, but two other groups. Just say a random family was driving home one day, a bunch of people starting throwing stones and huge rocks at the car, and one kid ran full speed into your hood while you're driving.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »

Also, I'm curious what some of your reactions would be if it weren't israelis and palestinians, but two other groups. Just say a random family was driving home one day, a bunch of people starting throwing stones and huge rocks at the car, and one kid ran full speed into your hood while you're driving.
I suspect we'd all think the exact same thing.  Most of us think the kid got what he deserved, and you're the one bringing their ethnicity into it. 

And I'd still think it was funny.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2010, 02:53:22 PM »
sorry about my typos everyone...I do tend to make typos as I type fast..my apologies

Online Adami

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2010, 02:54:15 PM »

I suspect we'd all think the exact same thing.  Most of us think the kid got what he deserved, and you're the one bringing their ethnicity into it. 

And I'd still think it was funny.

No I'm not. The people who posted the video brought it into it. And now Ack, not sure if jokingly, seems to think the car went out of its way to run over the child.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2010, 02:58:26 PM »
Ohh, I have no idea why I couldn't figure that out. Just a 1 letter typo. My bad.

Im not sure your analogy holds water ...as there is a long history here and many Jewish deaths by random shootings and stonings.. even Jewish infants have been injured.. etc

if it was "truly random" .. Id still say the driver has a right to protect his family from a hostile mob throwing rocks.. I know I would react to do anything I could to get out of that horror of being attacked with rocks and fear for my families safety

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »
When you said "some of your reactions,"  I assumed you were referring to us, the inhabitants of DTF, and not the moronic nimrods commenting and posting on Youtube.  Ack was making light of their comments, as far as I can tell.

As to his comment that the car swerved to hit them, I have no idea. 

Interesting choice of words with child, BTW.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2010, 03:01:20 PM »
When you said "some of your reactions,"  I assumed you were referring to us, the inhabitants of DTF, and not the moronic nimrods commenting and posting on Youtube.  Ack was making light of their comments, as far as I can tell.

Why? He looked like he was about 10 or something. What should I have called him?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2010, 03:01:33 PM »
I guess my point is..Im sure the driver had no idea of the age of who was attacking his car and as we see it was mixed ages.. and its irrelevent their age as they were attacking the car in a mob situation...

lets face it...it was propoganda to be used to by the Muslim Media hence why they were filming it, hoping for children to be hurt, so they can turn the agressor into the victim

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2010, 03:04:25 PM »

Why? He looked like he was about 10 or something. What should I have called him?

the agressor throwing rocks, trying to hurt or kill.. a brainwshed person taught to hate and kill

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2010, 03:09:48 PM »
I've noticed more and more that people use child when they wish to paint one in a more innocent and sympathetic light.  The 12 year who old mugs an old lady is specifically not a child.  The 17 year old that's banging her teacher is a child.  It's used for it's connotation more than it's definition.  

And to me, that was a dumb punk kid acting like a dumb punk kid.  I'm sympathetic towards their cause, as you know, but I don't see that as result of the conflict insomuch as just immature behavior.  I could see kids in the neighborhood I grew up in acting similarly.  
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
Still a child, kid, whatever. I feel for them, the only reason I'll say that he got what he deserves is because he literally ran into the car. If he were just throwing rocks and the car moved to hit him, I don't think that would have been "ok".
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »
And now Ack, not sure if jokingly, seems to think the car went out of its way to run over the child.

I wasn't joking. If you look closely, the car turns towards the kids who are on the left side (from car's view) of the road while beeping his horn. At first it looks like the car is dodging something, but the adults with cameras are clearly on the sidewalk. Actually the driver probably wanted to scare the kids off by making a big turn while honking. About three kids were able to get out of the way. Two couldn't. The driver's intention was probably not to hit the two kids but what he/she did was dumb.

The kids weren't initially running straight towards the car, but the interesting thing is that the kids who were wearing the black Hamas(?) hood things were the one's who got hit....  :facepalm:

I read that the guy driving had his children in his car..

Link or you didn't read it.

lets face it...it was propoganda to be used to by the Muslim Media hence why they were filming it, hoping for children to be hurt, so they can turn the agressor into the victim

Your use of the term "the Muslim Media" sounds like propaganda to me. Nobody's arguing that the people there weren't trying to film something that would have a bias towards Palestine... "hoping for children to be hurt" just shows where your bias is at.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »
I have no idea how you can watch the video and say "the child didn't run at the car, the car went out of its way to run the kid over". He freakin ran into the car.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »
I have no idea how you can watch the video and say "If you look closely, the car turns towards the kids who are on the left side (from car's view) of the road while beeping his horn. At first it looks like the car is dodging something, but the adults with cameras are clearly on the sidewalk. Actually the driver probably wanted to scare the kids off by making a big turn while honking. About three kids were able to get out of the way. Two couldn't. The driver's intention was probably not to hit the two kids but what he/she did was dumb." He freakin ran into the car.

Fixed. I'm not going to claim what the drivers intentions were.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »
The kid ran into the car. Sorry.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2010, 09:11:19 PM »
Stating the obvious is fine dude. My observation was that the car turned towards the kids.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2010, 09:12:46 PM »
Stating the obvious is fine dude. My observation was that the car turned towards the kids.

I actually just watched it again. It seems it did make a hard left, probably because there another child closer on the other side that jumped in the middle that they swerved to avoid hitting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »
I actually just watched it again.

This is a joke right?

It seems it did make a hard left, probably because there another child closer on the other side that jumped in the middle that they swerved to avoid hitting.

I made my comments after watching the collision scene over and over again. I don't see anything the car could be dodging.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2010, 09:21:40 PM »
You don't see the kid on the other side that the car would have hit, had it not swerved? Look again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »

I actually just watched it again. It seems it did make a hard left, probably because there another child closer on the other side that jumped in the middle that they swerved to avoid hitting.
Yeah, I think the first thing that caught his attention was the kid in the middle of the street, and not the others close to the sidewalk.  Quite understandable.  One's in much more danger and is in a place where he's more likely to be noticed by an attentive driver.

Another consideration is that in a situation like that, it's impossible to know which way to go.  I've inadvertently run over a shitload of squirrels, and I'd say that kid was equally unpredictable. My experience is that your best bet is just to drive straight at them and let them get out of the way.  Trying to evade one results in a 50/50 chance of you hitting him and looking like an asshole.
E.F. Benson

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2010, 09:43:49 PM »

Which kid would the car have hit? The one in blue?

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2010, 10:03:23 PM »
The one in front of and to the right (our right) of the kid in the blue.

You know...the one directly in the cars path.
fanticide.bandcamp.com