Author Topic: Obama: Israel must halt all settlement activity  (Read 28544 times)

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
Re: Obama: Israel must halt all settlement activity
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
So the kid on the "other side that the car would have hit, had it not swerved" is the kid that the car hit after it swerved?

Maybe the car was just confused like El Barto was saying, but it's clearly not dodging anything. You don't dodge kids by turning towards where there are more kids.

wtf is the internet?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »
Yup, that's the one.  No shirt, black balaclava.  

And, what's the structure on the side of the road?  Between that and the high wall there, there's plenty for the driver to be worried about.  

Edit:  "You don't dodge kids by turning towards where there are more kids."  You do if you see the first one first.  Then he had to try and evade the second group.  Gotta say, I think the driver did well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »
No, the driver did pretty badly. He managed to hit two Palestinian kids without hitting his breaks in front of a bunch of cameras. He was just lucky that the kids didn't really get hurt and that his car didn't get fucked up.

And that structure is probably just a shelter for waiting for the bus. It's on the sidewalk. Lol @ the end where everybody is in "we have a kid martyr!" mode. Also, second kid is metal as fuck.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
1. He avoided one kid and ended up hitting others because of it.

2. Why would he slam on the breaks? He's surrounded by people throwing rocks at him who obviously will attack him, he's going to keep driving, it's the kids fault for RUNNING INTO A MOVING CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF WHAT SEEMS TO BE A SOMEWHAT BUSY STREET.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2010, 10:49:37 PM »

I don't get it. The one you're saying he avoided is the one he hit.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2010, 10:50:47 PM »

I don't get it. The one you're saying he avoided is the one he hit.

Barto saw it too. There's a kid he clealry avoided, not the one he hit. I'm sorry you can't notice it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2010, 11:02:30 PM »

Which kid would the car have hit? The one in blue?

The one in front of and to the right (our right) of the kid in the blue.

That's the one the car hits. The kids it avoids are the ones that jump out of the way.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2010, 11:04:42 PM »
Jesus dude, this is getting insane. There's another kid. Who cares?

One of the first things you learn growing up is don't play in the street, you will get hit by a car. They are taking over the entire street. The car can either stop, get pelted with stones, risking the guys familys safety, or keep driving and hope the kids move the hell out of the way, which some of them didn't do.

And sure, looking back one could say he could have done this or he could have done that, but the whole thing took place over like 3 seconds or less. Not much time to carefully weigh your options and develop a cunning strategy. He acted on instinct to protect himself and possible his family, and also possibly the kid he avoided that you can't see.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »

You are doing a terrible terrible job pointing out where this kid is. Maybe my anti-Israeli bias is preventing me from seeing him.

risking the guys familys safety

Still looking for a link to this claim.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:26 PM »
I pointed him out, you didn't see him, you posted pics where it's hard to point him out. Sorry. I don't know how to post pics of it.

Or his own safety, whatever.

Also, I added more to my post.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2010, 11:24:53 PM »

That dude? Or...

That kid behind the car?

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
In the first pic there, there's a kid to the right (our left) of the car. That kid.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »
 That looks like a camera man, not a kid. And he's clearly not on the road when the car turns and honks. If he is there the video doesn't show any trace of him, so there's no point in arguing.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »
What about the other points? Since we're clearly not going to agree about the other kid.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2010, 11:53:04 PM »
2. Why would he slam on the breaks? He's surrounded by people throwing rocks at him who obviously will attack him, he's going to keep driving, it's the kids fault for RUNNING INTO A MOVING CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF WHAT SEEMS TO BE A SOMEWHAT BUSY STREET.

This point? I don't see any sign of them wanting to attack the car other than throw rocks at it. I don't see how ramming into two kids would prevent your car from being damaged. The driver probably wouldn't have been able to hit more kids if he/she was trying.

As for the kid, I was the first to point out that he's dumb as fuck.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2010, 11:56:38 PM »
So if you were driving down the road and a bunch of kids with masks were throwing rocks at your car.....you'd assume no danger? You'd assume it was just harmless pebbles or something?

And of course he hit the kids, they took up the entire road. Aside from completely stopping and waiting for them to finish their attack, there's no way he could have avoided them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ehra

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2010, 12:04:20 AM »
This point? I don't see any sign of them wanting to attack the car other than throw rocks at it

lol? If you're driving down a road and a group of angry kids are charging at you with rocks in their hands, you don't think "oh, well I don't see a gun, bat, or any other kind of weapon. I'm sure all they're going to do is merely throw a few harmless rocks at the car with no intent to harm myself or damage the vehicle." You think "HOLY FUCK, A BUNCH OF PISSED OFF KIDS ARE ATTACKING MY CAR." If charging straight at you and throwing rocks isn't a "sign of them wanting to attack the car" then what the hell is?

edit: ninja'd

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2010, 12:16:48 AM »
Car should have been on the right side of the road, not the left where there were more kids. Why are you guys assuming they are trying to ramsack the car? Why didn't they do that to the first car? There is not much context here.

wtf is the internet?

Online Adami

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:40 AM »
"Kids are crowding the streets, throwing rocks at a car in multitude....a car hits a kid....................it's obvious that the people throwing the rocks at the car meant no harm at all and the car should have taken the 3 or less seconds it had and devised a more proper rout through crazy crowded street or just stopped and let the innocent harmless kids do nothing"

Really? You see no bias there at all?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »
I don't see how you can discuss bias (I-P conflict) when there is really no context here. It's just a video. I've just been pointing out observations. I'm not really interested in discussing who's right and who's wrong.

Actually, watching the video a few more times I've made another observation. There's a kid in a white head covering that's hard to see, but he's in front of all the kids.

In front of the five kids, there's a sixth kid that you can hardly see. If you watch closely you can see him run away from the car that's headed directly towards him. It looks like the car was trying to scare that kid off and by the time the car reached the kids in black behind the kids in white, it was too late.

P.S. Don't bother to comment on this observation if you're not going to watch the video again.

wtf is the internet?

Offline ehra

« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2010, 06:18:01 AM »
Why are you guys assuming they are trying to ramsack the car? Why didn't they do that to the first car? There is not much context here.

Why would the person in the car have any reason so NOT assume they're trying to attack the car? He wasn't watching the same video we are, he didn't see what they did or didn't do to any other cars that came before him. All he saw was a bunch of kids charging him down the road with rocks in hand. That's our context.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2010, 07:28:19 AM »

You are doing a terrible terrible job pointing out where this kid is. Maybe my anti-Israeli bias is preventing me from seeing him.

risking the guys familys safety

Still looking for a link to this claim.

To Ack Ya think..? Your bias is on display...that we can see..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:36:33 AM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2010, 07:31:09 AM »
And now Ack, not sure if jokingly, seems to think the car went out of its way to run over the child.

I wasn't joking. If you look closely, the car turns towards the kids who are on the left side (from car's view) of the road while beeping his horn. At first it looks like the car is dodging something, but the adults with cameras are clearly on the sidewalk. Actually the driver probably wanted to scare the kids off by making a big turn while honking. About three kids were able to get out of the way. Two couldn't. The driver's intention was probably not to hit the two kids but what he/she did was dumb.

The kids weren't initially running straight towards the car, but the interesting thing is that the kids who were wearing the black Hamas(?) hood things were the one's who got hit....  :facepalm:

I read that the guy driving had his children in his car..

Link or you didn't read it.

lets face it...it was propoganda to be used to by the Muslim Media hence why they were filming it, hoping for children to be hurt, so they can turn the agressor into the victim

Your use of the term "the Muslim Media" sounds like propaganda to me. Nobody's arguing that the people there weren't trying to film something that would have a bias towards Palestine... "hoping for children to be hurt" just shows where your bias is at.

instead of accusing me.. why dont you do some research on who was in the car..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2010, 07:32:41 AM »
I actually just watched it again.

This is a joke right?

It seems it did make a hard left, probably because there another child closer on the other side that jumped in the middle that they swerved to avoid hitting.

I made my comments after watching the collision scene over and over again. I don't see anything the car could be dodging.

you seem like an expert on how to react when havign your car stoned by people who want to kill.... how do you know if he was reacting to the BANG of the rocks..

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »
Wow, I'm not even mad anymore.  This thread is just hilarious.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2010, 08:25:53 AM »
Epicview, if you're not going to provide links then stop making claims.

wtf is the internet?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:05 AM »
The one he hit was the first one he was trying to avoid.  He came around a blind corner and the shirtless, hooded kid is running at him from the right side of the street.   The driver (who does appear to slow down) tries to avoid the dumbass in the hood.  When he sees the crowd on the left he straightens out just in time for the dumbass to run into his car.  The kid in white you pointed out is clearly heading to the left side, as he should, and isn't in any danger.

Dude, you seem to be the only person here who can't see what went down.  Bad show.

And once again, high walls, structure on the right, blind curve, people with hoods charging the car.  This is an ambush, plain an simple.  My initial reaction would be to instinctively react to a kid in the road, right up until the ambush buzzer started going off in my head, at which point my concern for those kids is fucking nil.  I'm a reasonable guy and largely sympathetic towards the Palestinians, and I can assure you that if it were me driving, that kid probably wouldn't have walked away.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2010, 08:37:33 AM »

do you even know who the driver was? he is well known within the community..

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2010, 08:39:05 AM »
The one he hit was the first one he was trying to avoid.  He came around a blind corner and the shirtless, hooded kid is running at him from the right side of the street.   The driver (who does appear to slow down) tries to avoid the dumbass in the hood.  When he sees the crowd on the left he straightens out just in time for the dumbass to run into his car.  The kid in white you pointed out is clearly heading to the left side, as he should, and isn't in any danger.

Dude, you seem to be the only person here who can't see what went down.  Bad show.

And once again, high walls, structure on the right, blind curve, people with hoods charging the car.  This is an ambush, plain an simple.  My initial reaction would be to instinctively react to a kid in the road, right up until the ambush buzzer started going off in my head, at which point my concern for those kids is fucking nil.  I'm a reasonable guy and largely sympathetic towards the Palestinians, and I can assure you that if it were me driving, that kid probably wouldn't have walked away.  

well said as always EB

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2010, 08:42:52 AM »
Settler leader drives into two Palestinian kids as they hurl rocks
David Be'eri, known right-wing activist and director of City of David, says he accidentally hit the children with his car after they hurled rocks at his vehicle.
By Nir Hasson
Tags: Israel news settlements Palestinians East Jerusalem
David Be'eri, head of a known settler group, hit two Palestinian children with his car on Friday, after they hurled rocks at his vehicle in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan.

David Be'eri in his car after he hit two Palestinian children who were hurling rocks at him in East Jerusalem on October 8, 2010.

Photo by: AFP 

The children were evacuated to Moqassed Hospital in East Jerusalem. One child is lightly hurt while the other sustained injuries to his chest and his lower body and is currently in moderate condition.

Be'eri is a well-known right-wing activist and is the director of Elad, a nonprofit organization that runs the City of David in East Jerusalem and also works to settle Jews in the area.

According to Be'eri, he was in his car with his son as the Palestinian children hurled rocks at them, and out of fear for his and his son's lives, he tried to escape them in any way he could which made him accidently hit the children

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2010, 08:44:13 AM »
why is it that it took me one minute to find this article...?^

and its from Haaretz.. a VERY LEFT leaning paper

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2010, 09:04:25 AM »
Obviously it's a Zionist conspiracy.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »
Obviously it's a Zionist conspiracy.

LOL!!!  I love humor!!

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2010, 09:14:20 AM »
The one he hit was the first one he was trying to avoid.

Not according to Adami.

He came around a blind corner and the shirtless, hooded kid is running at him from the right side of the street. The driver (who does appear to slow down) tries to avoid the dumbass in the hood.  

It looks like the car had slowed down just before the video started rolling (car behind comes to a halt). The car seemingly turns right towards the kid in white, who would have been run over if he were slow. I really don't see the car trying to dodge the kid that it hit. The right side of the street is pretty much wide open as you can see in the stills.

When he sees the crowd on the left he straightens out just in time for the dumbass to run into his car.  The kid in white you pointed out is clearly heading to the left side, as he should, and isn't in any danger.

The kid in white is dodging the car that made a sharp left turn towards him. At this moment the kids in black aren't the focus of the driver. By the time the car realizes that it is going to hit the two kids, its trying to dodge them by turning to the right and slamming on the breaks.

As far as I can tell you're the only person who's claiming that the car made a left curve because it was trying to avoid the kid in black that it ended up hitting, and that it did a good job.

According to Be'eri, he was in his car with his son as the Palestinian children hurled rocks at them, and out of fear for his and his son's lives, he tried to escape them in any way he could which made him accidently hit the children

The dude isn't even claiming that he collided because he was trying to dodge something.

wtf is the internet?

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2010, 09:17:32 AM »
do you even know who the driver was? he is well known within the community..

It said on youtube that it was a settler leader or something but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info.

wtf is the internet?