Author Topic: Question for anti gay marriage people.  (Read 65085 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Question for anti gay marriage people.
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2010, 12:03:57 PM »
I have no issue with Homosexuality.. and Have no issue with gay people.. I like them

I do have an issue with opening pandoras box on marriage... and my only issue is that I feel the gay agenda does not belong in the schools ..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
Where are you coming from? Why exactly should it be illegal? I'm not ranting, raving, or insulting. I just want to know your point of view. Also, do you believe no one is actually            and they can suppress their            urges?

Let me begin by: I'm Catholic. There. Now: I believe               is, frankly, an abomination. If an individual is gay, fine, be gay. Just don't try to say you are "proud of" being gay or declare that being gay is perfectly normal (if it was normal, then why can't a gay couple reproduce...?). Being gay does not mean one has to wear tight clothes or dress like a girl, or even speak like one.               would be much more widely tolerated if gays acted like normal people and kept their personal love life or gender preference just that - PERSONAL and DISCREET. Also, don't try to adopt children. Can you imagine how miserable it would be to be raised by a gay couple - especially if you are straight? I can just picture the awkward conversations such an individual would encounter in school and everyday life. It would not be surprising to find that such an individual would grow up to be gay, socially awkward or - a serial killer!

1. So being unable to reproduce means you are an unnatural abomination? There are people who are straight that are biologically unable to reproduce, are they suddenly disgusting? I'm straight but I can't stand kids and have no desire to have any either. Am I an abomination?

2. Why would it suddenly be horrible? Are you implying being            means you are automatically a bad parent? To add a point, what if a child is            living under the roof of two straight parents? I personally think that's the fault of neither party myself. The child in question might feel miserable if the parents were pushy about forcing a particular           on that child (regardless if he/she was straight or gay). If the parents were open-minded and supportive, then I don't think it would be awkward at all.

3. Wait.... what? So being ridiculed by society that isn't even a big deal automatically turns you into a serial killer?! Do you have ANY clue what you're saying here? Your entire argument is nothing but "I don't like gays because they are unnatural because they can't reproduce! And since they are unnatural, they are terrible people!"

I frankly don't get how anyone can tell someone who they can     .

Wow, I didn't realize people were doing that.  Where can I find this information?  I was under the apparently false impression this was about marriage.
Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't            sex count as sodomy? I know for a fact that its illegal in some states (At least I keep thinking it is), but it is kind of off-topic. No offense numbers.

I think we should find a habitable planet in the universe, send all gays there where they can pave rainbow roads and engage in all activities they want and be free of prejudice and discrimination until they meet their inevitable end... the end of their kind due to the lack of offspring...
"I don't believe in Santa Clause, John Myung, or the Tooth Fairy..." - MP

What does that have to do with if ass scratching is unnatural or not?

My Youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/user/serpentinessarecute

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »
Really? That's funny, I think we should send all christians to a different planet where their kind can end due to them killing each other over minute differences in interpretation.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2010, 12:12:31 PM »
Where are you coming from? Why exactly should it be illegal? I'm not ranting, raving, or insulting. I just want to know your point of view. Also, do you believe no one is actually            and they can suppress their            urges?

Let me begin by: I'm Catholic. There. Now: I believe               is, frankly, an abomination. If an individual is gay, fine, be gay. Just don't try to say you are "proud of" being gay or declare that being gay is perfectly normal (if it was normal, then why can't a gay couple reproduce...?). Being gay does not mean one has to wear tight clothes or dress like a girl, or even speak like one.               would be much more widely tolerated if gays acted like normal people and kept their personal love life or gender preference just that - PERSONAL and DISCREET. Also, don't try to adopt children. Can you imagine how miserable it would be to be raised by a gay couple - especially if you are straight? I can just picture the awkward conversations such an individual would encounter in school and everyday life. It would not be surprising to find that such an individual would grow up to be gay, socially awkward or - a serial killer!

1. So being unable to reproduce means you are an unnatural abomination? There are people who are straight that are biologically unable to reproduce, are they suddenly disgusting? I'm straight but I can't stand kids and have no desire to have any either. Am I an abomination?

2. Why would it suddenly be horrible? Are you implying being            means you are automatically a bad parent? To add a point, what if a child is            living under the roof of two straight parents? I personally think that's the fault of neither party myself. The child in question might feel miserable if the parents were pushy about forcing a particular           on that child (regardless if he/she was straight or gay). If the parents were open-minded and supportive, then I don't think it would be awkward at all.

3. Wait.... what? So being ridiculed by society that isn't even a big deal automatically turns you into a serial killer?! Do you have ANY clue what you're saying here? Your entire argument is nothing but "I don't like gays because they are unnatural because they can't reproduce! And since they are unnatural, they are terrible people!"

Wow, I didn't realize people were doing that.  Where can I find this information?  I was under the apparently false impression this was about marriage.
Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't            sex count as sodomy? I know for a fact that its illegal in some states (At least I keep thinking it is), but it is kind of off-topic. No offense numbers.

I think we should find a habitable planet in the universe, send all gays there where they can pave rainbow roads and engage in all activities they want and be free of prejudice and discrimination until they meet their inevitable end... the end of their kind due to the lack of offspring...

Are you absolutely serious? Take a minute, think about what you just said. You really want to ship anyone that happens to be homosexual off from the planet and onto another?

Really? That's funny, I think we should send all christians to a different planet where their kind can end due to them killing each other over minute differences in interpretation.
Adami you just reminded me why I love you.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:11 PM »

Are you absolutely serious? Take a minute, think about what you just said. You really want to ship anyone that happens to be            off from the planet and onto another?

Adami you just reminded me why I love you.

Of course not, I was not being serious.

But think about it: wouldn't that make both parties happy? Straight people on Earth would be happy not to have to deal with gays and gays on Homoearth could live the life they always wanted!

My Youtube page:

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
Newsflash: not all straight people have a problem with gay people.

Online Adami

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
I'd go to the gay planet. I'd refuse to live with anyone who wants to send a group of people away to another planet.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
This.

I have no issues with gay people at all. Why are you saying that all straight people hate gays?

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »

Hmm... I don't recall ever proclaiming "I have a personal problem with all gay people!"

My Youtube page:

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »
I'd go to the gay planet. I'd refuse to live with anyone who wants to send a group of people away to another planet.

But why wouldn't they want to go? I imagine it would be a lush, green planet with tropical climate. To want to stay in an overcrowded, obsolete Earth and not go to a virgin, lush tropical Homoearth? It would actually be a favor...

My Youtube page:

Online Adami

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »

But why wouldn't they want to go? I imagine it would be a lush, green planet with tropical climate. To want to stay in an overcrowded, obsolete Earth and not go to a virgin, lush tropical Homoearth? It would actually be a favor...

So you'd go with them?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2010, 12:33:55 PM »

Hmm... I don't recall ever proclaiming "I have a personal problem with all gay people!"

Of course not, I was not being serious.

But think about it: wouldn't that make both parties happy? Straight people on Earth would be happy not to have to deal with gays and gays on Homoearth could live the life they always wanted!

que?

You might not have said it word for word, but it smacks you pretty hard in the face in this comment here. You're basically saying that all straight people don't want to have to deal with gay people.

The only people I don't want to have to deal with are the assholes of the world. Everyone else I'm cool with.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »
I am officially declaring Sovereign Dream to be the new EPICVIEW.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online Adami

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »
Best troll ever? No.

2nd best after my husband Disappear? Possibly. But he has a lot to prove still.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »
I miss disappear.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2010, 12:38:27 PM »
I miss disappear.
Was he before my time?

Online Adami

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2010, 12:39:16 PM »
I miss disappear.
Was he before my time?

Yea. He was amazing. He still posts at 5/8, but his style blends in too much over there, here it was brilliant. I wish he'd be unbanned and return.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »
Let's re-count what Sovereign Dream thinks about gays:

1. If you can't reproduce, you're an abomination.
2. If you are gay, the healthiest thing to do is to not let anyone know.  
3. If you are adopted by gay parents, you will become gay.  Or a serial killer.
4. Despite #3, seems to think that homosexuality is hereditary.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »

So you'd go with them?

Hell to the no... just like any party: no girls = no fun

I guess I am really pissing people off by believing that being gay is unnatural...
What a crazy idea, right? (Czar Chasm)

My Youtube page:

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »
Yeah.  It's definitely unnatural.  That's why no other species except humans display homosexual tendencies.

Online Adami

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »
There will be lots of girls on gay planets. They just won't like you.

But since everyone just chooses to be gay, you can just convert them. And then you'll be the most wanted man on the planet.

GO FOR IT!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »

So you'd go with them?

Hell to the no... just like any party: no girls = no fun

I guess I am really pissing people off by believing that being gay is unnatural...
What a crazy idea, right? (Czar Chasm)

Its not pissing people off as it is presenting an idea that many people on this forum (Myself included) view as bullshit.

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2010, 12:53:07 PM »
There will not lots of girls on gay planets. They just won't like you.

But since everyone just chooses to be gay, you can just convert them. And then you'll be the most wanted man on the planet.

GO FOR IT!

Actually, I was thinking we separate the gay from lesbo planets. Or lesbians get a couple of moons orbiting the planet.

Besides, 9/10 lesbians are NOT attractive

My Youtube page:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:32 PM »
You're the second newb this week to say that homo-sex is unnatural because it can't result in pregnancy.  WTF.  Doesn't anybody do things just because they're fun anymore?  You do realize that some heterosexual couples also enjoy a little backdoor action, as well, right?

Furthermore, I suspect that if you investigated it, children raised in homosexual households probably do better than the ones who bounce around foster homes for 18 years. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:55 PM »

Yes, but 6/9 lesbians are satisfied.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2010, 01:15:33 PM »

Umm...ok?

My Youtube page:

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
OK, I'll bite. 

The thread topic is about the issue of gay marriage.  However, I don't believe that that is really what it's about.  Discussions like this usually get down to the issue of homosexuality, which really must be dealt with before one can make a personal decision about the issue of gay marriage.  Here are my thoughts on the core issue in case you are interested. 

What causes Homosexuality?  I can tell you what different people think.

1.  Birth defect/hormone imbalance in the womb - There have been some studies that suggest that there is something to this.  It explains girls who grow up acting like boys and boys that grow up acting like girls.

2.  Poor relationship with father/domineering mother - This has always been one of my favorites because it is so very common among gay men.  However, my wife's hair dresser shot this theory down by telling her that he's simply always known he was gay and had a great relationship with his father.  Plus his mother was not domineering.  OK, so that's one anomaly, but I still think there's alot of evidence that there's something to this.

3.  Sexually abused by the same sex when young - Just like #2 this is very common among gay men.  This one would be hard to research since not many would want to talk about it or possibly might not even remember it.  I know at least 5 gay men that had sexual encounters with an older gay man in their formative years and the fact that they got "into it" helped them desire more.

4.  Culture - We are bombarded with the topic at a very early age.  Boys grow up worrying if they are gay or not half the time and the other half the time they're being called gay.  This has been going on forever.

There are probably more but these 4 are all I can think of.  I wonder if homosexuality might come from all four.  One thing is for sure. It's not just a black and white type issue. 

As a Christian and a student of the Bible there are things that are hard for me to figure out.  In Romans the apostle Paul talks about men lying with men and doing things that are "unnatural".  It's pretty clear Paul was against it (what this just Paul or was the words he wrote inspired by God).  More simply, any sex outside of marriage is wrong and that is supported throughout the scriptures by Paul and a whole bunch of others.  Sexual immorality was somewhat of a problem with the Romans.  So this was a hot topic back then too.  (Too-ga! Too-ga! Too-ga!)  It also goes all the way back to the days of Abraham and Sodom and Gomorrah (those cities were VERY gay friendly and look what happened to them). 

But what do we do about people that genuinely believe that they didn't choose that life and hate being what they're being.  I honestly don't know.  But one thing I do know.  The marriage issue is not just about gays wanting to change the definition of marriage.  Gays want everyone to accept their lifestyle and see them as just regular folks.  Changing what marriage means would be victory towards that cause.  It would be like a public affirmation to the lifestyle and that is what so many people are afraid of.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Online Adami

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »

Umm...ok?

Oh come on, I thought it was hillarious.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2010, 01:23:33 PM »
OK, I'll bite. 

The thread topic is about the issue of gay marriage.  However, I don't believe that that is really what it's about.  Discussions like this usually get down to the issue of homosexuality, which really must be dealt with before one can make a personal decision about the issue of gay marriage.  Here are my thoughts on the core issue in case you are interested. 

1.  Birth defect/hormone imbalance in the womb - There have been some studies that suggest that there is something to this.  It explains girls who grow up acting like boys and boys that grow up acting like girls.

2.  Poor relationship with father/domineering mother - This has always been one of my favorites because it is so very common among gay men.  However, my wife's hair dresser shot this theory down by telling her that he's simply always known he was gay and had a great relationship with his father.  Plus his mother was not domineering.  OK, so that's one anomaly, but I still think there's alot of evidence that there's something to this.

3.  Sexually abused by the same sex when young - Just like #2 this is very common among gay men.  This one would be hard to research since not many would want to talk about it or possibly might not even remember it.  I know at least 5 gay men that had sexual encounters with an older gay man in their formative years and the fact that they got "into it" helped them desire more.

4.  Culture - We are bombarded with the topic at a very early age.  Boys grow up worrying if they are gay or not half the time and the other half the time they're being called gay.  This has been going on forever.

There are probably more but these 4 are all I can think of.  I wonder if homosexuality might come from all four.  One thing is for sure. It's not just a black and white type issue. 

As a Christian and a student of the Bible there are things that are hard for me to figure out.  In Romans the apostle Paul talks about men lying with men and doing things that are "unnatural".  It's pretty clear Paul was against it (what is just Paul or was the words he wrote inspired by God).  More simply, any sex outside of marriage is wrong and that is supported throughout the scriptures by Paul and a whole bunch of others.  Sexual immorality was somewhat of a problem with the Romans.  So this was a hot topic back then too.  (Too-ga! Too-ga! Too-ga!)  It also goes all the way back to the days of Abraham and Sodom and Gomorrah (those cities were VERY gay friendly and look what happened to them). 

But what do we do about people that genuinely believe that they didn't choose that life and hate being what they're being.  I honestly don't know.  But one thing I do know.  The marriage issue is not just about gays wanting to change the definition of marriage.  Gays want everyone to accept their lifestyle and see them as just regular folks.  Changing what marriage means would be victory towards that cause.  It's would be like a public affirmation to the lifestyle and that is what so many people are afraid of.

The thing is, I don't see how two gay people getting married and going through the backdoor on Saturday nights hurts you or me. You are certainly within your rights to view it as immoral considering your status as a Christian (Although I strongly disagree with you, but I figure that's another topic), but I don't get how it hurts you in any way.

Offline j

« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »
 :rollin

I lost it reading about the "gay planet" proposition.  Hilarious, if I didn't suspect there was a shred of seriousness behind it. :lol

I've heard some halfway-decent secular arguments against gay marriage (although definitely NOT in this thread  :lol), but they're mostly based on a lot of psycho-babble and not particularly convincing.  Most anti-gay marriage arguments I read are rendered completely irrelevant by the simple obvious truth that straight people suck so hard at marriage and families.

This isn't an issue I feel very strongly about (and I'm not sure why so many get so worked up over it), but I see no compelling reason the state should forbid two gay people from entering into the contractual shackles of matrimony.

You already do, there are lots of people on earth that think stuff like that.

Which means there must be some other reason you want to live on the gay planet. :-*

-J

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »
OK, I'll bite. 

As a Christian and a student of the Bible there are things that are hard for me to figure out.  In Romans the apostle Paul talks about men lying with men and doing things that are "unnatural".  It's pretty clear Paul was against it (what is just Paul or was the words he wrote inspired by God).  More simply, any sex outside of marriage is wrong and that is supported throughout the scriptures by Paul and a whole bunch of others.  Sexual immorality was somewhat of a problem with the Romans.  So this was a hot topic back then too.  (Too-ga! Too-ga! Too-ga!)  It also goes all the way back to the days of Abraham and Sodom and Gomorrah (those cities were VERY gay friendly and look what happened to them). 

But what do we do about people that genuinely believe that they didn't choose that life and hate being what they're being.  I honestly don't know.  But one thing I do know.  The marriage issue is not just about gays wanting to change the definition of marriage.  Gays want everyone to accept their lifestyle and see them as just regular folks.  Changing what marriage means would be victory towards that cause.  It's would be like a public affirmation to the lifestyle and that is what so many people are afraid of.

The thing is, I don't see how two gay people getting married and going through the backdoor on Saturday nights hurts you or me. You are certainly within your rights to view it as immoral considering your status as a Christian (Although I strongly disagree with you, but I figure that's another topic), but I don't get how it hurts you in any way.

Show me where I said anything about it hurting me.  I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone either.  The question was asked and I answered it the best way I can.  

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2010, 01:42:50 PM »
OK, I'll bite. 

Show me where I said anything about it hurting me.  I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone either.  The question was asked and I answered it the best way I can.  

By "you" I didn't mean you specifically  :lol

I just meant people in general that oppose gay marriage, not really referring to you at all. And I know you aren't forcing your beliefs either, I just felt like commenting.

Hope that clears it up.  :)

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »
Yeah.  It's definitely unnatural.  That's why no other species except humans display            tendencies.

Well, Ibexes scratch their ass with their horns...
does this mean we should grow horns and scratch our own asses with them?
Or better yet - scratch other people's asses with them?

My Youtube page:

Online Adami

« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »
Yeah.  It's definitely unnatural.  That's why no other species except humans display            tendencies.

Yes, just what we need. Hornier people.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ehra

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »