Author Topic: Do you believe in Jesus Christ?  (Read 44654 times)

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
Re: Do you believe in Jesus Christ?
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »
Muslims do believe Jesus Christ but not the way Christians imagine.

Right on, I even believe it is written in the Quran discussing Jesus Christ and his ways of Christianity.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »

Right on, I even believe it is written in the Quran discussing Jesus Christ and his ways of Christianity.

Yes it's all written. According to Quran; Jesus Christ is the one of biggest prophet with Muhammed and Moses but again some christians put Jesus Christ in a degree of God. (The Son of God) It's a sin for muslims. God is only one and there are anything in the universe can equal God's presence.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »

Yes it's all written. According to Quran; Jesus Christ is the one of biggest prophet with Muhammed and Moses but again some christians put Jesus Christ in a degree of God. (The Son of God) It's a sin for muslims. God is only one and there are anything in the universe can equal God's presence.

I agree entirely. I think it was a little too pretentious for Christians to equate a material man with that of a godly image. I find Islam to be a little more respectful in some ways because they do not create imagery of the Prophet Muhammad: which dictates, to me IMHO, a devotion to the message rather than to the person.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »
Right. Muhammed can be a prophet of Islam but he is human like us. Nothing special about that. The special thing is that God gave him a mission like God did for Jesus Christ and Moses. As a muslim there is a rule that we have to respect all the prophets. So, of course Muhammed is in a different place in our hearts and minds.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2010, 09:42:23 AM »
Right. Muhammed can be a prophet of Islam but he is human like us. Nothing special about that. The special thing is that God gave him a mission like God did for Jesus Christ and Moses. As a muslim there is a rule that we have to respect all the prophets. So, of course Muhammed is in a different place in our hearts and minds.

Indeed. I'm glad I can discuss this on a forum that understands the intricacies of Islam and Muslim attributes. I actually get frustrated when people who don't know or understand muslim beliefs and make fun of it. I took an elective class in college on Islam, and it was one of the best classes I took, hands down.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »

Indeed. I'm glad I can discuss this on a forum that understands the intricacies of Islam and Muslim attributes. I actually get frustrated when people who don't know or understand muslim beliefs and make fun of it. I took an elective class in college on Islam, and it was one of the best classes I took, hands down.

I don't blame no one for this. Considering many terrorists are muslim it's such a shame. But there is a point that everybody doesn't see. There are also christian or jewish terrorist. I think it's not about religion or something like that. It's about their personality. They just use people's religion for their fatal mission.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »

I don't blame no one for this. Considering many terrorists are muslim it's such a shame. But there is a point that everybody doesn't see. There are also christian or jewish terrorist. I think it's not about religion or something like that. It's about their personality. They just use people's religion for their fatal mission.

I did not know that about Christians or Jews. I always assumed because the Quran was the only religious text that focused on such matters that terrorists were drawn to it more than say the Bible or Torah. Is there an article or book that discusses this that you know of? If so, I'd love to read it.

Actually, wouldn't the Byzantine/Medieval era of Christianity be considered a global terrorist plot to convert everyone to Christian in post-Constantine transition?

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

I did not know that about Christians or Jews. I always assumed because the Quran was the only religious text that focused on such matters that terrorists were drawn to it more than say the Bible or Torah. Is there an article or book that discusses this that you know of? If so, I'd love to read it.

Actually, wouldn't the Byzantine/Medieval era of Christianity be considered a global terrorist plot to convert everyone to Christian in post-Constantine transition?

Actually I don't  know so much article about that. The books or articles I read are just Turkish but maybe you can search on the net and can find something useful.

Byzantine did it but what about Pers and Ottoman porte. What they did is not terrorizm. Of course it's open to debate but considering the time, the facilities I think this is the way they should have. The old history is full of this events.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
This is true. Thanks for opening my eyes on the different events that occurred in the Christian faith. It's good to know the truth is still alive and well despite what others (the ones in charge) want us to know.  :xbones

By the way, I couldn't help but notice your references to Turkey. Are you from there? If so, what's it like this time of year?

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
Yeap, I'm Turkish and I live in Istanbul. This time is summer for Turkey and so hot. Politically we are so complex right now.  :P

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2010, 10:15:24 AM »
Groovy  :tup I've always wanted to visit but never had the cash.

but before this becomes a thread on Turkey, I'll stop myself and let others join in on the Jesus discussion lol

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »

but before this becomes a thread on Turkey, I'll stop myself and let others join in on the Jesus discussion lol
:laugh:

You always welcome to Turkey, you can be my visitor.  :)

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »
I wish I could contribute, but I sadly know very little about Islam.  Your conversation has been quite interesting though, and I've actually learned a few things.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

:laugh:

You always welcome to Turkey, you can be my visitor.  :)

Thank you kind sir, likewise if you ever come to America  :biggrin:

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »

Thank you kind sir, likewise if you ever come to America  :biggrin:

I've been two times but the next time I'll let you know.  ;D

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2010, 12:18:57 PM »
So has there been more prophets or did it end with Muhammed?

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »

It ends with Muhammed. According to Quran, Bible (Original One) and Torah.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »
This is true. I actually lookied up Surah 21: The Prophets to see if it there were any others, but I think i misinterpreted it.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »

How could the Bible and Torah possibly say that it ends with Muhammed? Especially when it was written almost 600 years after the new testament.

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:41 PM »

How could the Bible and Torah possibly say that it ends with Muhammed? Especially when it was written almost 600 years after the new testament.

The Bible says; a prophet named Muhammed will come and the religion named Islam is the last religion that every people has to believe. Of couse it's written in original Bible and now it's hard to find one. Likewise, Torah says the same. But how? It's a big mystery like everything happened many years ago. But in the Quran; Jesus Christ says his believers, Muhammed will come and bring the peace to the world.

Also the other mysterical thing is in the Quran that Jesus Christ wil come to the world again when the doom is about to happen and save the believers from Deccal. (Deccal will be killed by Jesus Christ) Jesus Christ is named Messiah.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »

The Bible says; a prophet named Muhammed will come and the religion named Islam is the last religion that every people has to believe. Of couse it's written in original Bible and now it's hard to find one. Likewise, Torah says the same. But how? It's a big mystery like everything happened many years ago. But in the Quran; Jesus Christ says his believers, Muhammed will come and bring the peace to the world.

Also the other mysterical thing is in the Quran that Jesus Christ wil come to the world again when the doom is about to happen and save the believers from Deccal. (Deccal will be killed by Jesus Christ) Jesus Christ is named Messiah.

Are you talking about a King James Bible Version? If so, do you know the passages?

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2010, 12:55:54 PM »

Are you talking about a King James Bible Version? If so, do you know the passages?

I'm talking about the copy of firstly written in the time when Jesus Christ was alive. It keeps in the museum called Topkapı Sarayı with the Quran which is hand-writing. They are protecting so well. I do not believe any other bible because they changed so much and out of reality.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2010, 12:58:08 PM »
Hey Flawless life, not to critique your beliefs, but if you don't believe jesus is the son of god or the messiah, you shouldn't call him jesus christ, jesus is a bit more appropriate for that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2010, 01:00:44 PM »
Hey Flawless life, not to critique your beliefs, but if you don't believe jesus is the son of god or the messiah, you shouldn't call him jesus christ, jesus is a bit more appropriate for that.

I write like that because I respect the other who named like that. And in the Quran his name is Messiah.

Online Adami

« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2010, 01:06:54 PM »
Something seems off about that, but whatever works.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
I'm talking about the copy of firstly written in the time when Jesus Christ was alive. It keeps in the museum called Topkapı Sarayı with the Quran which is hand-writing. They are protecting so well. I do not believe any other bible because they changed so much and out of reality.

No offense, but I can not think of a single reason why such a pivotal document should be guarded and protected, given its propensity of clearly establishing Islam as the superior religion.
Well, other than the obvious reason that the protectors most likely realize it wouldn't stand up to scrutiny. Meaning, they know it isn't authentic.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Adami

« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »
Wait, I've known plenty of muslims and have studied Islam. But I have NEVER heard the ....theory.....that the torah declares muhammad as the last prophet or that jesus declared the same thing, but only a few muslims know this because they have the ORIGINAL hand written bible and quran in a secret museum somewhere that is so well gaurded that no one could possibly examine it.

Really?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »
Two times some people (who were they and what was their mission that we still don't know) tried to destroy and steal the Bible and Quran. So they are protected and also they have historcial value.

I am not so sure but of course some professors and historians could check the Bible and established some articles about that.

Online Adami

« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
And do you have............proof of this?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »

Proof for what? You have google and you can search for some articles and religion writings.(Most likely there is nothing you can find so trustworthy) Or the best way is coming to Turkey.

Online Adami

« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2010, 01:39:23 PM »

Proof for what? You have google and you can search for some articles and religion writings.(Most likely there is nothing you can find so trustworthy) Or the best way is coming to Turkey.

You can't really come into a board filled with devout christians and devout atheists, and some agnsotics like me, and claim that you have one true bible and one true quran in Turkey, yet offer no evidence in the slightest bit other than "come to turkey". It would be like me saying that in Israel, they have a hand written note by Muhhamad saying that it was all just a joke, lol. You know?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »
I googled it, and the page stated that the Topkapi manuscript was written in late 700's/early 800's, since it's written in Kufic script.

Sounds reasonable.

rumborak

Offline flawlesslife

« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
Considering I am not here to convince anybody, I just write what I knew. But the original Bible and hand-writing keeps in museum but how can I proove that, taking photos of them? lol. If you can search on the net you'll see. I don't know but hopefully some copy of original Bible keeps in England and Vatican in a museum.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
You said only the Topkapi manusscript has it. I'm pretty sure a lot of Bible-savvy people in this forum can assure you that in the general copies of the Bible there is no mention of Muhammed. And the Topkapi Bible was written after Muhammed.

rumborak

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »
You said only the Topkapi manusscript has it. I'm pretty sure a lot of Bible-savvy people in this forum can assure you that in the general copies of the Bible there is no mention of Muhammed. And the Topkapi Bible was written after Muhammed.

rumborak

True, but flawlesslife did mention it was in a rough draft version before the King James Bible was finalized. They prolly edited it out to forego the correlation between Chrisitanity and Islam.