Author Topic: Ytse Jam DVDS  (Read 5352 times)

Offline TTTSTA

• GRRRRR
Ytse Jam DVDS
« on: July 19, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
Just wondering how the ytse jam releases are? Espeically the Bucharest show and the 25th anniversary show? How about the LTE Ones? just got a big paycheck and might order them.
Sig removed for being too Gaahl!

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
Re: Ytse Jam DVDS
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:20:32 PM »

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
https://www.ytsejamrecords.com/

I think he was asking for more of a review.

I would give one, but I haven't seen any of them.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline TTTSTA

• GRRRRR
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 12:32:14 PM »
Yes i was looking for a review guys. thanks
Sig removed for being too Gaahl!

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »
Sorry. I'm out of it today.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
I don't have all of them, but here's what I have.

Bucharest and Chille are both great. The band is more casual in their appearence but you can tell they're having a lot of fun. Setlists are great, quality isn't perfect, but MUCH better than Chaos in Motion.

WDADRU is amazing. I love it.

8/10 overall.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »
They're pretty good for what they are. You won't deny getting either LTE, i just got live in LA and it's rockin to finally see those songs live and on dvd.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
I don't have the LTE ones, but every single one of the DT DVD's are amazing.  They vary a little bit in terms of shot quality (e.g., you could tell WDADRU was being professionally shot for a DVD, whereas Bucharest was for a TV broadcast, and DSOTM has more of a "bootleg" feel to it), but they're all WAY above actual bootleg quality, and most are better quality than CiM.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
All I know is that the Bucharest one is good :) The quailty could be better...like on Score! :D   But it's still good enough.

I'd like to buy the LTE box! :D But it's Out of stock :(

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 02:34:59 PM »
Speaking of these bootlegs...are there a Disc 2 on the Santiago one with bonus tracks?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 02:36:01 PM »
Nope.  Just one disk.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 03:18:44 PM »
Okay...too bad : /

I was hoping for some bonus tracks including like...Honor Thy father, misunderstood, these walls and never enough :P

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
Bucharest is really good. Awesome set plus a bonus dvd with more live songs.  WDADRU is also really good. Sounds and looks really good plus its the only performance for some of those songs so I see it as a must have for DT fans.  Chile is cool because its thier biggest headlining show, but its my least favorite of the dvds. Never got the LTEs, but would be interedted. Does anyone know if the LTE dvds are widescreen or in 5.1 sound?

Offline LadyEars

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 04:26:11 PM »
Another really good one is Dark Side of the Moon. The performance is clean and spot on. The only issue I have is the spotlight on James is so bright that it takes away his facial features; he is all washed out. But that is minor compared to the overal quality of the DVD. If you like PF you will love it.
Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »
Dark Side of the Moon and WDADRU are fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
I really enjoyed the Santiago DVD. Pretty good quality and great sound overall. The camera sometimes misses shots as well as plenty of shots of JLB drinking water
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 07:31:56 PM »
Bucharest is fantastic, as is Santiage. And WDADRU is also very good. None are better than any of the official DVDs, except for CiM. They're all about on an equal footing with that, performances aside.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 07:35:34 PM »
CiM is definitely worse than WDADRU and DSOTM.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 07:37:22 PM »
In terms of performance (aka LABRIE) I'd say CiM and WDADU are about equal, since James really struggles with those songs. But WDADRU has a badass documentary and lots of rare footage. So it all depends what you want.

I don't own DSOTM, so I can't really speak for it.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
Oh yea, doesn't WDADRU also have the entire album performed live back in the 80's with domonici?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »
Pretty much.

Online Mladen

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 05:03:52 AM »
I wish WDADRU was recorded last year - James would've sounded much better, and he would've had that badass beard.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 05:16:48 AM »
All of the DVDs are worth getting. Just check the setlists and grab a couple now, and then ask Santa for the rest!

AS much as I love the Bucharest one, and it IS a great performance, I do love the Santiago one. It has a Led Zeppelin feel to it, what with the big stage and tiny equipment. A very cool show.

WDADRu is also a must have. I have the DVD and the CD. A great performance by the band. The commentary is great as is the old footage. Derek and Charlie are very cool during the encore.

Even though I'm not a fan of DSOTM, I do have the DVD and really enjoy watching them perform it. A very different look and feel. I have passed on the CD because of the songs, but watching the performance is very nice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LadyEars

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 04:31:46 PM »
AS much as I love the Bucharest one, and it IS a great performance, I do love the Santiago one. It has a Led Zeppelin feel to it, what with the big stage and tiny equipment. A very cool show.

Both have amazing setlists too! But what Bucharest has that Santiago doesn't is a classic JLB moment where he takes a spill during one of the songs and what follows is freaking hilarious. I will say no more so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

Overall I think JLB is having a better vocal night on the Santiago DVD. I think he may have even commented somewhere that he wasn't happy with his performance on Bucharest. But that should not deter you because he's still awesome and the DVD is a must-have for any DT fan. Just don't expect the same video or audio quality as Budokan or Score, like others have said.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Damn. Bucharest, Santiago, and DSOTM are all DVDs that I've just neglected to get for some reason. I own literally all other DT releases and YtseJam releases.

Purchasing the first two now. Kbye.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »
Overall I think JLB is having a better vocal night on the Santiago DVD. I think he may have even commented somewhere that he wasn't happy with his performance on Bucharest. But that should not deter you because he's still awesome and the DVD is a must-have for any DT fan. Just don't expect the same video or audio quality as Budokan or Score, like others have said.

The performance on LSFNY is just a little bit better. But Bucharest has something Live Scenes doesn't- manboob.

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 05:45:12 PM »

The performance on LSFNY is just a little bit better. But Bucharest has something Live Scenes doesn't- manboob.

haha? what?!

Offline LadyEars

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
The performance on LSFNY is just a little bit better.

OMG JLB's performance on LSFNY effing RULES!!! A Change of Seasons. Nuff said!  :hefdaddy

But Bucharest has something Live Scenes doesn't- manboob.

Aw, are you refering to James being a little on the heavy side on the Bucharest DVD? Manboobs or not, he looks good.  :heart

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
Not just the heaviness. There's visible LaBrie manboob cleavage in there.

Offline LadyEars

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »
Not just the heaviness. There's visible LaBrie manboob cleavage in there.

I honestly did not even notice that.   

Offline FsF

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »
The audio commentary by the band on WDADRU is pretty much worth the price on its own.  Great show, good quality DVD, and the extended Metropolis Pt. 1 with Dominici (who I prefer on the night to LaBrie) & Sherinian is just awesome.  A must buy, if you ask me.