Author Topic: Does anyone here have a Line 6 M13?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Kornflake

Does anyone here have a Line 6 M13?
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »
Hey everyone.  I just got a Line 6 M13 the other day.  I love it, but I've been trying to set up a Dream Theater effects scene and I'm having a real hard time with it.  I thought I would join up here at this forum and see if any of you have one.
Does anyone else have a M13 and care to share their DT scenes with me?

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
Re: Does anyone here have a Line 6 M13?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 04:57:57 AM »
I don't have that model Line 6, but I do own one. I've found the Line 6 site itself is pretty good if you're looking to get some preset effects (I assume that's what you mean by scenes?).

Offline Kornflake

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »
Yeah, a "scene" is like a page of presets kind of.  The pedal has 12 switches, and you can store 12 scenes on it.
Essentially it means that under each of the 12 switches you can store an effect, but then under each of those you can also store a "scene" that takes you to a whole other 12 effects.   I don't think I'm explaining this very well, but it's basically got 12 effects, but you can program 12 different sets or pages or scenes.  So like if I want to play a blues song, I'll turn on my blues scene, which will have 12 effects that I set for playing blues music.  I'm looking to make one for playing DT songs where I would have 12 pedals devoted to DT-like sounds.  Choruses, Overdrives....the works.

It's a really cool pedal actually.  I've never been a fan of the all-in-one pedals, but this one is different.  Love it.

Offline LTE

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 12:05:28 PM »
I would start by looking on Petrucci's website at all the pedal's he currently using. I'm pretty sure Line 6 has presets that model famous pedals, you could just find the one that closest match the pedal that John uses. From there just tweak individual settings to taste.

1x TC Electronics C400XL Compressor/ Gate
1x Keeley Modded Tube Screamer
1x MXR EVH Flanger
1x MXR EVH Phaser
1x Digital Music Corp. System Mix Line Mixer
1x TC Electronics 1210 Spatial Expander/ Stereo Chorus/ Flanger
3x TC Electronics M3000 Reverb/ Delay
1x Eventide H7600 HArmonizer
We are a way for the universe to know itself.
 I suffer from moderate/severe Depersonalization.

Offline Kornflake

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:00:57 PM »
Good stuff.  Thanks guys