Author Topic: "This Song is in Rock Band 2!"  (Read 12648 times)

Offline Shadow2222

"This Song is in Rock Band 2!"
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:26:17 AM »
Sure, its kind of trivial, but if we can have a Myung Kicks a Beach Ball thread we can have this too  ;)

Anyways, I was noticing JLB has been saying stuff like "This song is in Rock Band 2!" at the beginning of Panic Attack. Do you think it was his idea, or if someone in the band/crew suggested it ("Hey JLB I bet a lot of these guys have Rock Band 2 and it would be good promotion")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF9QbcL57LY
(Also, I love the guy's delivery of "That was hilarious")

This reminds me that I want to ask Mike at his meet and greet tomorrow (HOLY SHIT, my concert is tomorrow. I'm really excited I can actually go to this one [check Concert Dilemma thread]) if Dream Theater has any songs on the new Guitar Hero or Rock Band or if they are going to be doing the Rock Band Network thing any time soon.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: "This Song is in Rock Band 2!"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:37:25 AM »
"I'M FROM LONG ISLAND"

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »
"I FEEL LIKE I'M IN DANGER"
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
^

"NOW WAIT A MINUTE MAN"
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »
I played Constant Motion last night on RockBand 2.  My friend downloaded it.  i never play that game.  it was fun.  but his idea of DT is now Panic Attack and Constant Motion.  They are good songs, but not DT classics.  It bothers me lol.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 01:00:25 PM »
It would be AWESOME to see the entirety of Images And Words done for Rock Band 3, especially because of the keyboard! It would be a great way to play "Wait For Sleep". The whole album would be a challenge, but even individual songs would be tough! Maybe we can bug the band enough to see what they think!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »
Yeah, I think the worst part of DT's set was when JLB introduced Panic Attack by making reference to Rock Band 2.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »
Eh, Randy Blythe did the same thing when opening up Laid To Rest the last time I saw Lamb of God live

"This next song, you may have heard it, was once on a fucking video game"
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »
If the entire 12 Step Suite was put on RBN, that would be pretty awesome. But at the same time, those songs are vastly different from the songs that are in Rock Band, so if a song did make it, it would probably be A Rite of Passage.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 02:02:53 PM »
If the entire 12 Step Suite was put on RBN, that would be pretty awesome. But at the same time, those songs are vastly different from the songs that are in Rock Band, so if a song did make it, it would probably be A Rite of Passage.

"A Rite Of Passage" isn't part of the Twelve Step Suite... unless you just meant any song from the last 5 albums in general, but by the wording of your post, it sounded like you meant "if a song [from the 12 Step Suite] did make it"...

But I agree, the Twelve Step Suite would be long and hard on Rock Band. Not many songs over 10 minutes make it onto GH/RB (I don't play them enough to know which, if any, exist), so I'm not sure how well received "The Glass Prison" or "This Dying Soul" would be. If any of the five songs, it'd have to be "The Root Of All Evil".

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 02:08:55 PM »

"A Rite Of Passage" isn't part of the Twelve Step Suite... unless you just meant any song from the last 5 albums in general, but by the wording of your post, it sounded like you meant "if a song [from the 12 Step Suite] did make it"...

But I agree, the Twelve Step Suite would be long and hard on Rock Band. Not many songs over 10 minutes make it onto GH/RB (I don't play them enough to know which, if any, exist), so I'm not sure how well received "The Glass Prison" or "This Dying Soul" would be. If any of the five songs, it'd have to be "The Root Of All Evil".

-Marc.
Badly worded post, my bad. I meant to say, if another DT song got it, it would have to be similar to Panic Attack or Constant Motion. And I was thinking it would have to be A Rite of Passage, since that song is one of their more recent popular ones.

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »
As I've always said to my friend, Train Of Thought would be the perfect album for a game like Rock Band.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 02:24:29 PM »

-Marc.
Badly worded post, my bad. I meant to say, if another DT song got it, it would have to be similar to Panic Attack or Constant Motion. And I was thinking it would have to be A Rite of Passage, since that song is one of their more recent popular ones.

Ahhh yes, the typical metal-side single - "Panic Attack" and "Constant Motion" definitely fit that theme, as would "A Rite Of Passage". Going backwards, "As I Am" would be great too, as would "The Test That Stumped Them All" (single edit or not).

As I've always said to my friend, Train Of Thought would be the perfect album for a game like Rock Band.

That sounds like a good idea. Although "Vacant" would be interesting, but with Keyboards now, you could do Keyboard/bass for "Vacant". That would be interesting.

-Marc.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 03:28:05 PM »
Yeah, with the keyboard peripheral on its way, now I'm REALLY looking forward to some DT songs in the game.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »
For all I know they've done this, but it would be cool if they could let anybody create a rock band file or whatever it's considered for any song. Then put it in an online marketplace for anyone to try and rate how good of a song it is to play. Different people could do different versions of the same song. That way you could download and play any song you want to. I guess you would need artist approval, but I bet people would pay like $10 for a whole album like they do on iTunes though.

Offline moffatt

• Lost fanboi
  • Head & Shoulders > L'oreal
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 12:51:15 AM »
I'm definately expecting some DT songs in RB3 with the inclusion of the keyboard, the producers would be stupid to not put them in.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 01:05:30 AM »
From what I've heard, Pull Me Under is going to be in RB3. I am disappoint.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 01:26:23 AM »
From what I've heard, Pull Me Under is going to be in RB3. I am disappoint.
It's an easy keyboard song.  That's why it's included.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 06:43:19 AM »
Wish where did you hear this

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »
Ending that rumor right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_3#Soundtrack

If they do a Dream Theater song in RB3 it better be one with an insane JP/JR unison.

Crossing my fingers for In The Name Of God.

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 07:33:36 AM »
The "Never Enough" one is more insane :O

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »
True. But it doesn't have a Petruiffic solo like In The Name Of God.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »
Maybe, but Never Enough isn't very good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »
Crossing my fingers for either

• The Glass Prison
  • In the Name of God
  • This Dying Soul
  • Metropolis
  • Beyond this Life
  • or Lie.

Or 6DoIT, of course :neverusethis:

Offline TL

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »

That's not the full setlist, it's just the officially announced songs, so it's still completely possible.
Personally, I'm hoping for something from Awake.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
Maybe, but Never Enough isn't very good.
QFT

That's not the full setlist, it's just the officially announced songs, so it's still completely possible.
Personally, I'm hoping for something from Awake.
The Mirror is a popular song, right? If its anything off of Awake, it'll probably be that, but I wouldn't count on it. My senses keep pointing towards A Rite of Passage, even if that song is meh to me. Although I wouldn't complain if they put the whole A Mind Besides Itself suite on there :neverusethis:

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »
Space Dye Vest on Rock Band 3. You know you secretly want to play it.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:44 PM »
That will never happen but I would be so hard if that did happen.

Offline TL

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 03:24:13 PM »
You have to play it as soon as it appears in tour mode, because that venue will never be open again. :neverusethis:

As much as I want something from Awake, it would more likely be something more recent; odds of it being A Rite Of Passage are probably pretty high. Though there are other songs I'd prefer, I'd be fine with that.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »
That will never happen but I would be so hard if that did happen.
That made me lol. :rollin :rollin :rollin
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »
As much as I want something from Awake, it would more likely be something more recent; odds of it being A Rite Of Passage are probably pretty high. Though there are other songs I'd prefer, I'd be fine with that.
Yeah, I think they'd add something off Systematic Chaos or BC&SL, since RR Records has been releasing a lot of DLC recently. If they added The Dark Eternal Night I would FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- first, but I'd realize that it's a hard song to play and hell of a fun one to sing.

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 05:41:46 PM »

um no it isnt.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »
Will there be an iphone attachment for songs with the sweeps and the creeps?

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 04:37:05 AM »

:metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.