THE Judas Priest thread - v. new album and tour in 2024

Started by KevShmev, July 06, 2010, 09:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MirrorMask

Second single coming from Priest this Friday, Trial by Fire!

jjrock88

Dream Team

jjrock88

I'm actually surprised that "Panic Attack" is being played constantly on the rock radio station I listen to.  I'm sure it will end up disappearing to the abyss in a few months but it just seems weird that it's being played this much.

wolfking

Quote from: jjrock88 on November 13, 2023, 06:16:54 PM
I'm actually surprised that "Panic Attack" is being played constantly on the rock radio station I listen to.  I'm sure it will end up disappearing to the abyss in a few months but it just seems weird that it's being played this much.

That's pretty cool indeed.

cramx3

I may finally see JP, and with Sabaton (that concert in NJ was postponed/cancelled the last couple years, if I recall)  :metal

Zydar

wolfking

Grappler

I'm amazed at how great Rob sounds at his age.  Excited to hear the full album now.

KevShmev

I can't say I am excited about a new album, but a friend and I took the plunge and got tickets for their show here next May.  :metal :metal

Stadler

Quote from: cramx3 on November 14, 2023, 09:53:41 AM

I may finally see JP, and with Sabaton (that concert in NJ was postponed/cancelled the last couple years, if I recall)  :metal

Huh; opening night of the tour at the Oakdale; I might be convinced to go see that.  I'd like to hear Sabaton, too.

jjrock88

MirrorMask

EPICVIEW

digging the new Trial by Fire ,,,,  Panic Attack  was fantastic

MirrorMask

jjrock88

wolfking

That made the song so much better for me.  So good to see Glenn in there, that warms my heart.

MirrorMask

Tracklist:

01. Panic Attack
02. The Serpent and the King
03. Invincible Shield
04. Devil in Disguise
05. Gates of Hell
06. Crown of Horns
07. As God Is My Witness
08. Trial By Fire
09. Escape From Reality
10. Sons Of Thunder
11. Giants in the Sky

Deluxe edition bonus tracks:

12. Fight of Your Life
13. Vicious Circle
14. The Lodger

wolfking

TAC

When I saw The Lodger, this guy was the first thing I thought of.

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

I'm having a TAC moment.  I have no idea what that is.

TAC

That's from A Clockwork Orange. When the main character, Alex, gets released from treatment, ho goes home to his parents house, but they've rented out his room to...The Lodger, which is what he's called.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Never seen that movie.  Maybe the JP song is indeed about that.  :lol

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on December 07, 2023, 04:59:08 PM

Picture Willy Wonka but with sex and violence. :lol

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on December 07, 2023, 05:16:55 PM
Quote from: wolfking on December 07, 2023, 04:59:08 PM

Picture Willy Wonka but with sex and violence. :lol

Sounds like my kind of movie actually.  :lol

Mladen

I like the fact that the record is consisted of only eleven songs. The previous two albums were a bit on the long side.

MirrorMask

Quote from: Mladen on December 07, 2023, 10:34:19 PM
I like the fact that the record is consisted of only eleven songs. The previous two albums were a bit on the long side.

Firepower has no bad songs but if being forced to cut a couple of songs, I would easily decide which ones (one was Flamethrower and the other I guess Lone Wolf if I remember well).

I agree with you, if it's "just" eleven songs, they're probably the strongest ones they came up with, and they're all essentials rather than diluting the album.

wolfking

Flamethrower is horrible.  Should never have been included.

Stadler

Quote from: MirrorMask on December 07, 2023, 03:13:07 PM
Tracklist:

01. Panic Attack
02. The Serpent and the King
03. Invincible Shield
04. Devil in Disguise
05. Gates of Hell
06. Crown of Horns
07. As God Is My Witness
08. Trial By Fire
09. Escape From Reality
10. Sons Of Thunder
11. Giants in the Sky

12. Fight of Your Life
13. Vicious Circle
14. The Lodger

So, is that the same "Fight for Your Life" that was a bonus track on the "Hell Bent For Leather" remaster?   And given that, you're telling me that they don't already have a song called "Gates Of Hell" or "Trial By Fire"?!?!   :) :) :) :) :)

EPICVIEW

Quote from: wolfking on December 08, 2023, 01:22:33 AM

I love it   reminds me fun Turbo stuff    :  )

pg1067

Quote from: MirrorMask on December 07, 2023, 03:13:07 PM

12. Fight of Your Life
13. Vicious Circle
14. The Lodger

So...is this "deluxe edition" something that's going to require the purchase of a bunch of vinyl or will there be a CD-only option?

Quote from: Stadler on December 08, 2023, 06:19:05 AM
So, is that the same "Fight for Your Life" that was a bonus track on the "Hell Bent For Leather" remaster?

"Fight for Your Life" was the working title for a song that eventually became "Rock Hard Ride Free," which was the third track on Defenders of the Faith (not sure why it was included on the HBfL remaster).  The new song is "Fight of Your Life."

Quote from: EPICVIEW on December 08, 2023, 08:17:40 AM
Quote from: wolfking on December 08, 2023, 01:22:33 AM

I love it   reminds me fun Turbo stuff    :  )

Like Wolfie said, horrible...   :)

jjrock88

I remember on the Judas Priest remasters from years ago, a lot of the bonus songs didn't match up with the year of the album they were being released on.  Didn't seem to make much sense.