Author Topic: THE Judas Priest thread - v. new album and tour in 2024  (Read 220882 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: THE Judas Priest thread - v. Discography listening party!!
« Reply #2100 on: January 13, 2022, 12:56:25 PM »
Michael Schenker may be the most coveted guitar player on the planet.  Ozzy wanted him, and I was listening to an interview yesterday with David Coverdale, and he wanted Michael to join Whitesnake around the time of Slide It In.   I get that Coverdale is much maligned but I LOVE his voice. I would have REALLY liked to see what that would have sounded like.  DC singing on Assault Attack?  GTFO.

('course, all the titles would have to be different, adding a bunch of apostrophes and 12-year-old innuendo).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2101 on: January 13, 2022, 01:05:59 PM »
I love that picture of Schenker and Tipton.  As good as Schenker is, it seems like he's really listening to Glenn, taking it in.  They're probably not even talking guitars but that's just what it looks like to me.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2102 on: January 13, 2022, 01:24:54 PM »
I love that picture of Schenker and Tipton.  As good as Schenker is, it seems like he's really listening to Glenn, taking it in. 

Not understanding a word Glenn is saying.. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2103 on: January 13, 2022, 01:27:03 PM »
Or call up Michael Schenker or something, what the hell is he doing these day?
Opening for WASP and Armored Saint on the Texas leg of the upcoming tour. For that reason I'm feeling inclined to go and check it out now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: January 13, 2022, 01:53:56 PM »
Opening for WASP and Armored Saint on the Texas leg of the upcoming tour. For that reason I'm feeling inclined to go and check it out now.

Have you seen him live?   He's been on fire lately.   I am a disciple of those early MSG records (the first four), but really lost touch with him when he lost his way.  The last couple studio records with Doogie White are solid as a rock, and live, he's as good as he ever was.   You're in for a treat; the only downside is, as an opening act on a three-bill set, you're going to get 35, 40 minutes and that's not enough.

(Not for nothing, but I'm a bit surprised by that billing.  Who's his band/singer?  Is he doing that with Ronnie "I'm going to be the vocal Mike Portnoy" Romero?)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2105 on: January 13, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »
Yes, it's Romero.

I downloaded their Wolverhampton show from October. It was actually really good. Some cool setlist choices.
Looking For Love, Red Sky, Rock You To The Ground..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2106 on: January 13, 2022, 02:34:04 PM »
Who else wants to see TAC and Barto meet up in Texas and go to this show?  :lol
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2107 on: January 13, 2022, 02:36:17 PM »

Our Texas trip just got blown up for this week. We are looking at May, and this time might be swinging through Dallas.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2108 on: January 13, 2022, 02:37:17 PM »
I love that picture of Schenker and Tipton.  As good as Schenker is, it seems like he's really listening to Glenn, taking it in. 

Not understanding a word Glenn is saying.. :lol

:lol  maybe that's it then.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2109 on: January 13, 2022, 02:39:18 PM »

Our Texas trip just got blown up for this week. We are looking at May, and this time might be swinging through Dallas.

Ah...that sucks big time mate.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2110 on: January 13, 2022, 02:40:14 PM »
Yeah, I posted about it in the I'm Going Somewhere Thread.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2111 on: January 13, 2022, 02:40:47 PM »
Yeah, I posted about it in the I'm Going Somewhere Thread.

I guess I'm going somewhere myself then.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2112 on: January 13, 2022, 02:49:11 PM »
Seems the situation has changed.

That said, gods know what'll happen between now and November, so whether or not it even happens is anybody's guess.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2113 on: January 13, 2022, 03:01:10 PM »
I did think it was weird that two of the biggest egos in hard rock were both opening for AS.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: January 13, 2022, 03:01:41 PM »
Fuck I can't stand that hat! 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2115 on: January 13, 2022, 03:03:06 PM »

He's a strange cat. :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2116 on: January 13, 2022, 03:13:42 PM »
I love that picture of Schenker and Tipton.  As good as Schenker is, it seems like he's really listening to Glenn, taking it in.  They're probably not even talking guitars but that's just what it looks like to me.

Don't forget Joe Elliott. He's probably just thinking he wishes he was as cool as those 2. That or he wants them to pour some sugar on him.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:44:31 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2117 on: January 13, 2022, 03:22:40 PM »

Don't forget Joe Elliott. He's probably just thinking he wishes was as cool as those 2. That or he wants them to pour some sugar on him.

Joe Elliott looks like he's having as much trouble understanding WTF Glenn is talking about as Michael does. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2118 on: January 13, 2022, 03:23:26 PM »

Just go back to the baseball cap Michael!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2119 on: January 13, 2022, 03:25:52 PM »
Here's a pic I took. Why does he have sunglasses attached to the hat??

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2120 on: January 13, 2022, 03:28:04 PM »

Don't forget Joe Elliott. He's probably just thinking he wishes was as cool as those 2. That or he wants them to pour some sugar on him.

Glenn and Michael clearly both pretending he's not even there.  :lol

Joe Elliott looks like he's having as much trouble understanding WTF Glenn is talking about as Michael does. :lol

That's cause he's talking lead playing and Elliot can't understand cause he's never worked with a half decent lead guitarist.  He's wondering why they haven't mentioned that not wearing a shirt is the most important thing in being a good lead player.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2121 on: January 13, 2022, 03:28:36 PM »
Here's a pic I took. Why does he have sunglasses attached to the hat??

He always does, WTF?!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2122 on: January 13, 2022, 03:41:09 PM »

Well...in November 2022, he'll be the opening act for a handful of W.A.S.P. 40th anniversary tour shows:  https://blabbermouth.net/news/w-a-s-p-announces-first-u-s-tour-in-decade-armored-saint-to-support/
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Volante99

« Reply #2123 on: January 13, 2022, 08:09:30 PM »

Have you seen him live?   He's been on fire lately.   I am a disciple of those early MSG records (the first four), but really lost touch with him when he lost his way.  The last couple studio records with Doogie White are solid as a rock, and live, he's as good as he ever was.   You're in for a treat; the only downside is, as an opening act on a three-bill set, you're going to get 35, 40 minutes and that's not enough.

(Not for nothing, but I'm a bit surprised by that billing.  Who's his band/singer?  Is he doing that with Ronnie "I'm going to be the vocal Mike Portnoy" Romero?)

This rehearsal video is gold for all us Schenker heads. He is in top form.

Edit- the link would be helpful
https://youtu.be/Sqa2tqmZJJI
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:33:10 PM by Volante99 »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2124 on: January 13, 2022, 08:29:26 PM »
Volante...link?

Offline Volante99

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2126 on: January 14, 2022, 07:09:32 AM »

Word on that. 

But he's coming into his own, and weird or not, he's clearly more comfortable with himself than ever before.   Did you ever watch that video I sent you?  At least I THINK I sent you?   He seems to be doing more talking on stage recently, and at least for some shows, he starts off by himself playing some older stuff with introductions.  It's kind of odd, but really cool.   I'd like to see him again sometime, though I really wish it was with Gary Barden or Robin McCauley (who I've REALLY changed my tune on).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2127 on: January 14, 2022, 07:13:11 AM »

This rehearsal video is gold for all us Schenker heads. He is in top form.

Edit- the link would be helpful
https://youtu.be/Sqa2tqmZJJI

I think I've seen that before; I love that.  Herman Rarebell on drums, Francis on bass.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2129 on: January 15, 2022, 12:47:11 PM »
That's a weird itinerary; looks like those are 4,000 to 6,000 seat buildings, but the Pru in Newark, isn't that like 19,000?  Are they really filling arenas on this tour?  Or is that one of those "smaller layout" deals?

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #2130 on: January 15, 2022, 01:12:12 PM »
That's a weird itinerary; looks like those are 4,000 to 6,000 seat buildings, but the Pru in Newark, isn't that like 19,000?  Are they really filling arenas on this tour?  Or is that one of those "smaller layout" deals?

Yes, PRU only selling floor and lower level tickets.....AND still tons of tix available :facepalm:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2131 on: January 15, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »
https://bravewords.com/news/judas-priest-confirm-andy-sneap-s-return-we-have-decided-unanimously-to-continue-our-live-shows-unchanged-with-rob-ian-richie-scott-andy-and-glenn

Judas Priest...get yer shit together!!!

Lol.  To be fair, the four piece talk, since Andy took over from Glenn, they've lost that twin guitar status and feel anyway.  Andy is merely a rhythm backup guitarist anyway.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2132 on: January 15, 2022, 02:08:38 PM »
This is one of those things where it's sad from the outside, but I'd pay meet and greet prices to have heard the internal conversations.   :)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2133 on: January 15, 2022, 04:56:44 PM »
It's like they were surprised by the backlash. What's wrong with these people?
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2134 on: January 15, 2022, 05:54:16 PM »
It's like they were surprised by the backlash. What's wrong with these people?

I don't know how they didn't see it coming.