Author Topic: THE Judas Priest thread - v. new album and tour in 2024  (Read 220733 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE Judas Priest thread - v. Discography listening party!!
« Reply #2030 on: October 07, 2021, 06:30:39 AM »
Watching the vid of the incident, Richie absolutely nails the solos.  Quite incredible.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2031 on: October 08, 2021, 06:59:44 PM »
I am praying hard for Richie!!! Once again this is VERY personal to me. Last year when covid was at its peak my 20 year old son had open heart surgery to replace an aortic valve. I couldn’t even be in the hospital because of covid, it was awful. The surgery was 9 hours, he was on bypass the entire time with his heart being fixed while it was on the table next to him. I sat home getting updates on the phone not  knowing if my son was going to wake up from this, I could barely breathe until he woke up. Here we are over a year later and he is still recovering but doing well. My love and positive energy are with Richie and his loved ones. ❤️❤️💪🙏✊🤟
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 07:30:40 PM by Glasser »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2032 on: October 08, 2021, 07:09:31 PM »
I am praying hard for Richie!!! Once again this is VERY personal to me. Last year when covid was at its peak my 20 year old son had open heart surgery to replace an aortic valve. I couldn’t even be in the hospital because of covid, it was awful. The surgery was 9 hours, he was on bypass the entire time with his heart being fixed while it was on the table next to him. I sat home getting updates on the phone not  knowing if my son was going to wake up this, I could barely breathe until he woke up. Here we are over a year later and he is still recovering but doing well. My love and positive energy are with Richie and his loved ones. ❤️❤️💪🙏✊🤟

Goddamn, man! That was excruciating just to read. That is fucked that you couldn't be there. Fucked.

How's he doing now?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2033 on: October 08, 2021, 07:19:42 PM »
I am praying hard for Richie!!! Once again this is VERY personal to me. Last year when covid was at its peak my 20 year old son had open heart surgery to replace an aortic valve. I couldn’t even be in the hospital because of covid, it was awful. The surgery was 9 hours, he was on bypass the entire time with his heart being fixed while it was on the table next to him. I sat home getting updates on the phone not  knowing if my son was going to wake up this, I could barely breathe until he woke up. Here we are over a year later and he is still recovering but doing well. My love and positive energy are with Richie and his loved ones. ❤️❤️💪🙏✊🤟

Goddamn, man! That was excruciating just to read. That is fucked that you couldn't be there. Fucked.

How's he doing now?

He physically healed well but I didn’t realize open heart surgery causes hormonal changes and he is struggling emotionally. On top of that my father who he was very close with passed away from brain cancer only weeks before this. Thank you for showing the love! Seeing your child suffer is completely shattering.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2034 on: October 08, 2021, 07:21:38 PM »
Damn, that was hard to read.  Well wishes from me as well, Glasser.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2035 on: October 08, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »

Thank you! Much Love to you as well! I did not mean to make this thread about my son as I am such a fan of Richie, I just feel the pain he and his family are going through. He is so lucky to be alive. I’m sure he looks at life in a different light as my son and my family does. ❤️‍🩹❤️

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2036 on: October 08, 2021, 07:32:32 PM »
No worries!  These are tough times for many, and I doubt anyone has an issue with occasional tangents about life.  :tup :tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2037 on: October 08, 2021, 07:44:08 PM »

Thank you! Much Love to you as well! I did not mean to make this thread about my son as I am such a fan of Richie, I just feel the pain he and his family are going through. He is so lucky to be alive. I’m sure he looks at life in a different light as my son and my family does. ❤️‍🩹❤️

God damn mate.  I don't have children and that was tough to read.  I hope he keeps fighting on and recovering well and lots of thoughts from all of your friends here!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2038 on: October 08, 2021, 07:48:24 PM »

God damn mate.  I don't have children and that was tough to read.  I hope he keeps fighting on and recovering well and lots of thoughts from all of your friends here!

Thank you Wolfking! THIS is the kindness and caring the world needs and I found it here with all of you. I’m so glad and lucky to have new friends here. ❤️🤟

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2039 on: October 15, 2021, 01:55:13 PM »
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priests-rob-halford-quietly-battled-prostate-cancer-during-pandemic/

Halford also apparently diagnosed with cancer during the pandemic. Thankfully he's in the clear now but add that to the list of bad luck the band has had the past few years.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2040 on: October 15, 2021, 02:49:21 PM »
Good God, that was terrifying.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2041 on: November 29, 2021, 11:29:47 AM »
I guess this means Richie's recovery is going well:

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #2042 on: December 13, 2021, 11:31:38 AM »
'Push Comes To Shove' (Bad Penny feat. ROB HALFORD & MILITIA VOX)
https://youtu.be/a6R2wFIiOQI

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2044 on: January 10, 2022, 09:09:29 AM »
So, founding member Glenn Tipton has heath issues after 258 years with the band = they get a touring guitarist
Touring guitarist who was just an help goes back to being a producer = he doesn't get replaced

Like, seriously?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2045 on: January 10, 2022, 10:12:08 AM »
Wow...I'd have to give it some thought, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with a Priest set list that would legitimately work with only one guitar.  Even if Ian Hill started playing with more distortion or used an 8-string bass, there'd still be no way to recreate the harmony guitar parts that are a HUGE part of Priest's arsenal.  Really, the only way to do it would be to have a backing track live, which would be LAME.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #2046 on: January 10, 2022, 10:46:13 AM »
Absolutely ridiculous. Time to suck it up, get off your high horses and let KK back in the band.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2047 on: January 10, 2022, 10:56:03 AM »
Absolutely ridiculous. Time to suck it up, get off your high horses and let KK back in the band.
I think Kenny done set fire to that bridge. Maybe it might have happened had he not spent the last 4 years shooting his mouth off about them, but not now. To be fair, I like the guy a lot, and I'd probably be more interested in seeing his band than the authentic-pseudo-Priest, but he hasn't exactly been diplomatic.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2048 on: January 10, 2022, 11:14:19 AM »
Why couldn't they just get someone else and someone who can play?  This doesn't make a lot of sense.  It was a missed opportunity getting Sneap anyway.

Hey lads, I'll do it, sign me up!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2049 on: January 10, 2022, 11:22:10 AM »
This One guitarist bullshit will not last. Guaranteed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2050 on: January 10, 2022, 11:28:59 AM »
I think Kenny done set fire to that bridge. Maybe it might have happened had he not spent the last 4 years shooting his mouth off about them, but not now. To be fair, I like the guy a lot, and I'd probably be more interested in seeing his band than the authentic-pseudo-Priest, but he hasn't exactly been diplomatic.  :lol

It's a weird dynamic for sure; I read an article about KK in a recent Guitar World, and it's bizarre.  It's like Priest WANT to be AC/DC, Maiden and Tool with the secrecy and dealing with things "in house", but they can't pull it off credibly.  And it's hard to know where to place the blame/credit.   If there WAS one leader, by all accounts it was Glenn.  So with him removed from the situation, it's hard to say what's the real story behind.  Rob is by all accounts a decent guy with an eye to the big picture; I know Ian handles all the business stuff, so maybe it's him.  I don't know.

I know Richie is a good guitar player, but I have no interest in this.  I'm with you, El Barto; get Les Binks back in KK's Priest and I'd go see that in a small club for sure.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2051 on: January 10, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »
Andy Sneap just released a statement saying that he wasn't part of the decision and is disappointed, despite knowing that he was always just a temporary replacement.

This all reads like the band wants to save money by cutting a position out of their lineup because touring revenue is down from the last two years.  Assuming they don't hire a second touring guitarist, then they'll just play along to a backing track.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2052 on: January 10, 2022, 12:16:26 PM »
Andy Sneap just released a statement saying that he wasn't part of the decision and is disappointed, despite knowing that he was always just a temporary replacement.

This all reads like the band wants to save money by cutting a position out of their lineup because touring revenue is down from the last two years.  Assuming they don't hire a second touring guitarist, then they'll just play along to a backing track.
Yeah, I just saw that. The earlier report made it look like Sneap was backing out. And honestly, that's about the only real explanation for this.

And it's hard to know where to place the blame/credit.   If there WAS one leader, by all accounts it was Glenn.  So with him removed from the situation, it's hard to say what's the real story behind.  Rob is by all accounts a decent guy with an eye to the big picture; I know Ian handles all the business stuff, so maybe it's him.  I don't know.
Tipton is Judas Priest, even now. He's cowriting the albums. He's in all the promotional art. He's still showing up on tour with them. And as far as I know Jayne Andrews still manages them, so the power dynamic hasn't changed. That's also why Kenny will not be part of the picture.
E.F. Benson

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #2053 on: January 10, 2022, 02:47:41 PM »
A lot of people often talk about Maiden and Priest and just why the Irons are on another level to JP.
Can you imagine IM going on tour with only one guitarist?
Maiden's management has mostly (Blaze?) made spot on decisions throughout their career.
This decision makes no sense at all, and given that Richie might not be in the best of health either.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 04:39:13 PM by gazinwales »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2054 on: January 10, 2022, 04:58:40 PM »
A lot of people often talk about Maiden and Priest and just why the Irons are on another level to JP.
Can you imagine IM going on tour with only one guitarist?
Maiden's management has mostly (Blaze?) made spot on decisions throughout their career.
This decision makes no sense at all, and given that Richie might not be in the best of health either.

Been thinking about this.

Comparing the bands, Judas Priest is also older. Who knows what will happen health wise to Iron Maiden, and what predicament that may put Steve, Bruce, and Rod in.

Rob and Ian cannot need the money, I wouldn't think. Perhaps they're performing because they want to. It's what they do.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2055 on: January 10, 2022, 05:44:36 PM »
Rob and Ian cannot need the money, I wouldn't think. Perhaps they're performing because they want to. It's what they do.

I'm certain Rob doesn't.  Ian, on the other hand, receives no publishing income, so he only gets paid from album and merch sales and touring (although at this point, the number of people getting a piece of that pie is down to 3).

The public Rob Halford is a bit of a character/caricature, but the man is humble and genuinely loves what he does and the fans.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2056 on: January 10, 2022, 05:52:26 PM »
But they could get a decent fill in at bargain price.  Its Judas Priest ffs!  I'll do it for free food backstage after the shows.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2057 on: January 10, 2022, 06:04:09 PM »
But they could get a decent fill in at bargain price.  Its Judas Priest ffs!  I'll do it for free food backstage after the shows.
I was actually going to suggest this earlier. Not only could you do it, but you'd probably learn what you don't already know in two weeks. They're going to spend two months figuring out how to play Electric Eye with only one guitar. It would be dirt cheap and a helluva lot easier to find a fill in.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2058 on: January 10, 2022, 07:00:39 PM »
I was actually going to suggest this earlier. Not only could you do it, but you'd probably learn what you don't already know in two weeks. They're going to spend two months figuring out how to play Electric Eye with only one guitar. It would be dirt cheap and a helluva lot easier to find a fill in.

I'd quit my job right now and literally do it for free.  Fuck, I may even pay them!  :lol

What about Halfords pals, Pat Lachlan, Roy Z, Metal Mike.  All 3 would be a perfect fill in.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2059 on: January 10, 2022, 08:02:12 PM »

I'd quit my job right now and literally do it for free.  Fuck, I may even pay them!  :lol
We should start a petition to get Wolfking in as Judas Priest's touring guitarist.  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2060 on: January 10, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »

We should start a petition to get Wolfking in as Judas Priest's touring guitarist.  :metal

I never heard him play a lick, but screw it, I'm in, that would rule. After that happens we can petition to get Jingle Boy as the new Haken keyboardist.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 08:26:20 PM by Glasser »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2061 on: January 10, 2022, 08:15:44 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnaRZZ992Q

:metal :metal :metal

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2062 on: January 10, 2022, 08:31:48 PM »

What about Halfords pals, Pat Lachlan, Roy Z, Metal Mike.  All 3 would be a perfect fill in.

Damn dude! You are solid, tight man!! During the solo in Electric Eye its so perfect to audio behind you it sounds like a harmonizer at times. You got chops man!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2063 on: January 10, 2022, 08:37:32 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnaRZZ992Q

:metal :metal :metal

Very impressed! So smooth! Chris Brooks watch ya back dude!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2064 on: January 11, 2022, 12:08:44 AM »
Thanks man.  I think All Guns Blazing is my best one.

https://youtu.be/EUTGzqeFrrY