Author Topic: THE Judas Priest thread - v. new album and tour in 2024  (Read 220637 times)

Offline ozzy554

Re: THE Judas Priest thread - v. Discography listening party!!
« Reply #1960 on: August 16, 2021, 04:45:12 PM »
I hope at some point during the tour they add some Nostradamus. Halford even said in his book that they did the album a bit of a disservice by only doing 2 tracks from it during the tour. I feel like something from it deserves to be recognized for their 50th anniversary tour.

Also for a man who turns 70 in like a week he sure likes to punish himself by putting a bunch of difficult songs back to back.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1961 on: August 16, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »
Some really good ones there.  Unfortunately, they're playing in downtown LA on a Wednesday night, so that's not gonna happen.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1962 on: August 16, 2021, 08:39:37 PM »
That is a bad ass set list.  Always loved One Shot at Glory, and it's good to see it finally get played. They are coming here on the 25th next month, and I have been lukewarm on seeing them given the absence of Tipton and Downing, but I might have to rethink this one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1963 on: August 16, 2021, 09:25:07 PM »
I hope we get some footage of OSAG.  To be fair, I don't see how they could do that justice, the ending is one of Robs finest moments and the solos are easily some of the most insane both KK and Glenn have done.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1964 on: August 16, 2021, 09:42:10 PM »
I hope we get some footage of OSAG.  To be fair, I don't see how they could do that justice, the ending is one of Robs finest moments and the solos are easily some of the most insane both KK and Glenn have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7qzYC1bTM8

Rob does a fine job IMO but I hate that mic effect he's been using for at least a decade at this point.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1965 on: August 16, 2021, 10:07:38 PM »

Rob does a fine job IMO but I hate that mic effect he's been using for at least a decade at this point.

Sweet.  Will check this out tonight.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1966 on: August 16, 2021, 10:33:11 PM »
One Shot at Glory!  :o

:metal  That was my "go to" song on Painkiller back in the day
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1967 on: August 17, 2021, 12:34:59 AM »
One Shot at Glory!  :o

:metal  That was my "go to" song on Painkiller back in the day

Absolute banger.  So damn underrated too.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1968 on: August 17, 2021, 05:53:54 AM »

Well I'll be fucked, that was really good.  Rob does sound great, even the outro he pulled off pretty well.

Credit to Richie on those solos too.  Still stupid they've become a one lead player only band now, doesn't feel right but whatever.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1969 on: August 17, 2021, 07:40:19 AM »

Well I'll be fucked, that was really good.  Rob does sound great, even the outro he pulled off pretty well.

Credit to Richie on those solos too.  Still stupid they've become a one lead player only band now, doesn't feel right but whatever.

I was enjoying the video so much it took me almost a whole minute to notice WTF Rob is wearing ...........that and the beard just looks off chops :lol   Richie did a nice job.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1970 on: August 17, 2021, 10:08:46 AM »
That beard makes JP jealous.  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1971 on: August 17, 2021, 02:16:02 PM »
His beard is horrendous.  :lol

Offline emtee

« Reply #1972 on: August 17, 2021, 02:34:45 PM »
I've been spinning Firepower since early May. Still on an almost daily basis and I have to say, it may be my favorite Priest album. Crazy to even consider but I think it's that strong.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1973 on: August 17, 2021, 02:36:17 PM »
That outfit is pretty tame by halford standards. Well at least compared to his necromancer outfit.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1974 on: August 17, 2021, 03:14:55 PM »
Which song was this one?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1975 on: September 21, 2021, 08:02:08 AM »
Word from The Walrus to the forum is that he really liked seeing Judas Priest live.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1976 on: September 21, 2021, 08:30:37 AM »
Word from The Walrus to the forum is that he really liked seeing Judas Priest live.
I got the same impression; I understand he's going to a couple more shows, too.   Better late than never!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1977 on: September 21, 2021, 09:21:52 AM »
I got the same impression; I understand he's going to a couple more shows, too.   Better late than never!

I'll be seeing the show when it comes to NJ, my first JP experience so hearing some good words is encouraging. I never got into JP and may not even be going if it wasn't for Sabaton opening.  Now maybe they will win me over.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1978 on: September 21, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »

I'll be seeing the show when it comes to NJ, my first JP experience so hearing some good words is encouraging. I never got into JP and may not even be going if it wasn't for Sabaton opening.  Now maybe they will win me over.

It's kind of the opposite for me; I've seen Priest a lot, but I might go because I've heard good things about Sabaton.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1979 on: September 21, 2021, 09:50:45 AM »

It's kind of the opposite for me; I've seen Priest a lot, but I might go because I've heard good things about Sabaton.

Sucks it looks like they didn't bring their arena stage set up with them.  Was really hoping they'd go all out on this tour as it's really good exposure for them and they had just done a massive arena tour of Europe before covid hit.  I know they are opener and all, but they finally got a big stage in the US to play on and no tank?! Having said that, their last US tour was almost 100% sold out from coast to coast of mostly GA venues, so this is not a bad opportunity to get a seat and just enjoy the show without dealing with the massive GA pits (if that's your thing and while I love the pits, I am very likely getting a seat for this show).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1980 on: September 25, 2021, 10:16:51 PM »
Damn good show tonight.

Ended up deciding to go at the last minute, so I flew solo to this one.  Didn't bother me as I got a ticket for $20 from a guy on the way in (I was waiting till I got there to buy a ticket to make sure my vaccination card worked since the expiration date on it is 7/2021 for some reason even though I got vaccinated in April of this year), and I ended up talking tunes with some peeps next to me before the set, so a good time was had.  :metal :metal

I totally geeked out for Desert Plains and A Touch of Evil, and of course Victim of Changes is always killer.  The instrumental section of Freewheel Burning still rocks my balls off as well. 

Offline Volante99

« Reply #1981 on: September 25, 2021, 10:46:47 PM »
Man now I regret seeing them- that is a legit great setlist

Some great old cuts like Rocka Rolla and Invader are worth the price of admission- and Desert Plains is one of my favorites.

Wish they’d play more of Point of Entry though- Don’t Go, Hot Rockin, Headin out to the Highway; pleeease

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1982 on: September 26, 2021, 07:01:40 AM »
Man now I regret seeing them- that is a legit great setlist

Some great old cuts like Rocka Rolla and Invader are worth the price of admission- and Desert Plains is one of my favorites.

Wish they’d play more of Point of Entry though- Don’t Go, Hot Rockin, Headin out to the Highway; pleeease

Yeah, seeing them play Rocka Rolla was surreal.  That first album seems so different from the rest of the classic era (1974-1990), but I am glad they played it.

I would have loved to have seen Solar Angels as well, but I don't need much more Point of Entry than that. :lol :P

The back to back of Blood Red Skies and Invader was really nice.

As much as many bag on Turbo, the crowd went crazy for it when Turbo Lover began.

And not sure if the crowd either didn't know or didn't care, but no Tipton and no Downing didn't really matter that much,  I guess that shows the power of the brand name. It was called Judas Priest, you had Judas Priest songs, and you had the voice of Judas Priest, so everyone was happy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1983 on: September 27, 2021, 04:56:34 PM »
Damn Richie is having a serious heart issue and the entire tour is being postponed.  Hope he is OK.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1984 on: September 27, 2021, 05:50:31 PM »
Dang, that is awful. Hope he is okay!

I didn't mention in him my review the other day, but he did a damn good job on the classic Priest solos.  He is a worthy replacement to the classic duo.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1985 on: September 27, 2021, 06:33:49 PM »
Damn Richie is having a serious heart issue and the entire tour is being postponed.  Hope he is OK.

Jesus, that doesn't sound good.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1986 on: September 28, 2021, 01:29:06 PM »
Richie is in stable condition and resting after undergoing emergency heart surgery.

Hope recovery goes well the man has really put in a lot of work since joining the band.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1987 on: September 28, 2021, 02:02:33 PM »
Richie is in stable condition and resting after undergoing emergency heart surgery.

Hope recovery goes well the man has really put in a lot of work since joining the band.

Do we know what the problem is/was?   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1988 on: September 28, 2021, 03:16:24 PM »

I don't think we know anything more than this (from Priest's Facbook page and presumably also posted on its other social media):  "It is with deep regret that we have to postpone the rest of our US Tour – Richie has major medical heart condition issues which have landed him in hospital where he is being treated – in the meantime we are all sending love to our Falcon to wish him a speedy recovery."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1989 on: September 29, 2021, 01:42:35 PM »

Latest update

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner reportedly underwent a "10-hour open-heart surgery" after suffering a "heart attack" following the band's performance at the Louder Than Life festival in Louisville, Kentucky on Sunday

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priests-richie-faulkner-reportedly-underwent-10-hour-open-heart-surgery-after-heart-attack/

He is stable and resting now.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1990 on: September 29, 2021, 01:46:02 PM »
That's awful.  I can't help to think what Richie gets up to though off stage.  I mean, he's got some guitar videos on YouTube where he clearly looks totally off his face.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1991 on: September 29, 2021, 01:55:29 PM »
Holy fuck.

Let's hope all goes well.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1992 on: September 29, 2021, 02:04:09 PM »
Yeah, that's some scary shit.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #1993 on: October 01, 2021, 11:05:07 AM »
So... I imagine most of you won't care or will think it's generic as hell  :D, but the KK's Priest album is already out.
After just two listens and I'm very pleased with the album. It has the classic Judas Priest feel and to me and doesn't have much to do with Jugulator neither Demoliton. Nothing in fact. I'm digging a lot the more elaborate songs like Sermons of the Sinner, Metal Through and Through and Return of the Sentinel, but I'm already liking the whole album, less that pointless album intro. By the way, the song Sermons of the Sinner clearly should have been the opener.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 11:17:18 AM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1994 on: October 01, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »
Sermons of the Sinner
Return of the Sentinel

Real original titles there. :lol :lol