Author Topic: New LTE - LTE 3 2021!!  (Read 55425 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: New LTE - LTE 3 2021!!
« Reply #805 on: March 10, 2023, 06:42:28 AM »
I think it's my favorite LTE record but I rarely listen to it. I like LTE but it rare I go out my way to listen to it.

Online HOF

« Reply #806 on: March 10, 2023, 07:40:15 AM »
Kind of wild that today is the 25th anniversary of the release of LTE 1.

https://twitter.com/theprogreport/status/1634201248139182081?s=46&t=4kmPAV3KyqJQqM-aHrYFSA

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #807 on: March 10, 2023, 08:28:56 AM »
How is this aging for everyone?
Not my favorite LTE album, but I like it a lot.  I love that we finally got a studio recording of Rhapsody in Blue, but really I like the whole album, both discs.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #808 on: March 10, 2023, 12:07:39 PM »
For me, this is an extremely rare case of "band reunites after X years" where the new album actually does feel like the original albums. I have a playlist of LTE1+2+3 and when I hit shuffle, this album fits right in. Disc 2 at times feels like LTE2 (e.g. Chewbacca) as much as it does Three Minute Warning, and Disc 1 fits in well with the classic, more structured tracks (e.g. Paradigm Shift, Acid Rain, Hourglass). It's interesting how much it helps that Rudess uses his classic synth sound rather than something more modern.

Contrast this with Transatlantic, for example, in which The Whirlwind is great but does not at all feel like SMPTe or BaF.

LTE3 is a rare triumph of recapturing the original feel and sound. It stands alongside 1+2 as one of my favorite albums of all time.

Online HOF

« Reply #809 on: March 10, 2023, 12:40:54 PM »
For me, this is an extremely rare case of "band reunites after X years" where the new album actually does feel like the original albums. I have a playlist of LTE1+2+3 and when I hit shuffle, this album fits right in. Disc 2 at times feels like LTE2 (e.g. Chewbacca) as much as it does Three Minute Warning, and Disc 1 fits in well with the classic, more structured tracks (e.g. Paradigm Shift, Acid Rain, Hourglass). It's interesting how much it helps that Rudess uses his classic synth sound rather than something more modern.

Contrast this with Transatlantic, for example, in which The Whirlwind is great but does not at all feel like SMPTe or BaF.

LTE3 is a rare triumph of recapturing the original feel and sound. It stands alongside 1+2 as one of my favorite albums of all time.

I agree with this (both regarding LTE 3 and The Whirlwind).

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #810 on: March 18, 2023, 05:22:29 PM »
How is this aging for everyone?

I gave this a recent spin, and while Disc 1 has some good stuff, the bonus disc is definitely more to my liking; it seems a bit more adventurous and unpredictable, and I like the laid back nature as well.

Fits in well with all of the rest. Just noticed it's been quite a while that I've taken Liquid Trio Experiment off of the shelf.
Still listen to the 2008 Box the most out of anything else I think. (It remains one of my favorite box sets of all-time.)