Author Topic: Hey guys! Its been a LONG time. Care to see what I've been up to..?  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Jadefox02

• Friggin Metal
No...? Well too bad. I know its been like over a year or so and most of you probably dont remember me. But whatevs. I wanted to share with you all my new band. Tell me what you think (whether it be good or bad). I know the recording quality isnt great, but its great when it was done for free! I did all the graphic design as well. :D

https://www.myspace.com/throughfaithaloneband

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
Re: Hey guys! Its been a LONG time. Care to see what I've been up to..?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »
nice site...couldn't personally get thru the vocals, but otherwise nice sound

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »
It's ok I guess. Sounds like a million other bands though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jadefox02

• Friggin Metal
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »
Yeah, understandable for both comments, haha. The screamer is now our bassist and we're looking for a new singer and are going to use more clean vocals. Also those songs are almost a year old and I've written a ton of new stuff that I feel satisfies my originality meters. We've been recording those songs for freakin ever it feels and I do admit sound fairly bland when it comes down to it.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
let me know when you have the new singer, would like to hear it

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 09:20:33 AM »
Yeah, it definitely sounds like a million other bands. I'm literally trying to find something that stands out. :lol

A tip, and this is my personal opinion, is turning down the vocals a bit. They're drowning out the guitar riffs completely, especially during the screaming.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 08:36:18 AM »
Yeah, couldn't get through a full song either, and I tried several. The songs are trying too hard to sound how they "supposed" to sound.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »
Just listened to the 'Cake' song.  I really hate to criticize the hard work that someone puts into something like this because, even though I don't care for some of it, I completely understand the hard work and dedication that goes into creating it.  So, let's start with the good:

-  it's tight
-  the production isn't bad, although the guitars (and overall sound) could be fuller.  The guitars are a little buried and the vocals are WAY too loud in my opinion
-  the riffs are pretty cool 
-  the CLEAN singing is actually pretty good and I love the parts when that singing is going on
-  nice solos, but way too soft and maybe a little too dry.... some delay would be nice on the tone. 

THE BAD:

-  stupid, cookie monster vocals.  Someone hit the nail on the head when they said, "it's trying too hard to sound like what it's "supposed" to sound like."  Everyone and their grandmother has a band and a singer like this now and they ALL SOUND THE SAME.  What you did here doesn't sound any 'worse' than most of those bands, but most of that stuff sucks to begin with and it's overdone.  I, for one, am tired of it.  It's kind of like, in the 80's, everyone had to have a really high voice with an amazing vibrato, then in the 90's everyone had to sound like Kurt Cobain..... now everyone has to do this screaming crap. 
-  the song doesn't go anywhere at all 
-  can't understand the lyrics, so I have no idea how deep the song's meaning is

Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?