Author Topic: One of the next Ytse Jam Bootlegs *WAS* going to be...  (Read 6492 times)

Offline Ravenfoul

Re: One of the next Ytse Jam Bootlegs *WAS* going to be...
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
The lack of continuing on with Ytsejam, I thought, would be the greatest disappointment that I expected when MP left. Heck, they were slow to come when MP was involved.
Ytsejam was a huge extra for being a DT fan.

I really wish the band would revisit these and take this seriously.
Hope so too. They're icing on the cake, but damn if they aren't wonderful.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »
Patience, guys.  Too much icing all at once not only tends to make you sick of icing, but tend to make you sick of the cake as well. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »
Patience, guys.  Too much icing all at once not only tends to make you sick of icing, but tend to make you sick of the cake as well.
Bosk, I'm diabetic, but I'm willing to take my chances on too much icing!

But it's not just that.

Last week, I went to sit down and listen to the New York 3-4-93 show on my iPod. I realized that when I dumped my iPod recently, I hadn't put my DT live albums back on. So I loaded each one of them, along with the fan club CDs.

These are things that I knew would fall by the wayside. And they have. 

They're still my favorite band, I'm still going to the shows. Heck, we may be planning by a TAC family trip to London next February around the DT show.

I had always understood that  Ytsejam CDs and DVDs,  cover albums, fan club CDs, etc..we're a "bonus", which is something that I really appreciated DT for. It set them apart from other bands. MP truly looked at DT through the "fan's eyes". I could feel that, and my fear is that we would loose that "voice" if you will.

Now they've done some cool things since. The Drummer Audition DVD is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Who has ever done something like that? That DVD is a gift. So it's not all bad from my point of view.

Maybe I'm just being greedy, I don't know, but I'll believe there'll be a Ytsejam release when I see one.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
We are definitely greedy as DT fans... we were spoiled!  But I definitely miss the YTSE jam releases.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 06:43:23 PM »

They're still my favorite band, I'm still going to the shows. Heck, we may be planning by a TAC family trip to London next February around the DT show.

Yes!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 08:33:51 PM »

Agreed.  Pace the releases. Some of us have bills to pay.   :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 07:03:58 AM »

Yes!

Yup! I didn't want to enter the Wembley thread just yet. We are looking at the kids February vacation. I mentioned to The Lovely Mrs. TAC that if we left two days earlier we could catch DT. She's totally on board with that. We are heading to Disney next week and when we get back, we are meeting a travel agent.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 08:04:33 AM »
Nice, a DTF meetup in London would be awesome.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 08:11:53 AM »
Let's face it. We' ll probably never going to see another YtseJam release again.  :'(
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 10:32:31 AM »
Why do you say that? They've said they want to continue it, but obviously they don't want to release one that conflicts with the sales of LALP, that would be silly. Once the hype for LALP has died down I'm sure we'll see one

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
Let's face it. We' ll probably never going to see another YtseJam release again.  :'(

Well, I just sort of indirectly asked the band to address this in the LALP live chat, and they seemed pretty clear that some YJR releases will be coming eventually.  So there you go.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 01:53:13 PM »

Well, I just sort of indirectly asked the band to address this in the LALP live chat, and they seemed pretty clear that some YJR releases will be coming eventually.  So there you go.

It's only a matter of time.   ;)

Offline Ravenfoul

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »

Bosk1. My hero.