Author Topic: The Indie Rock/Pop Thread  (Read 10560 times)

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
Re: The Indie Rock/Pop Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »
Never heard of em
Well, hello!!!!
??? Are they like really popular in the indie rock/pop world or something?
:lol no, apparently my obvious reference to the "too indie to be known" joke wasn't properly conveyed.
oh lol, now I feel dumb

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
I listened to them the other day. I didn't get to finish the album, but I've been meaning to listen to it again because I enjoyed it.

It's kind of hard not to like them. They're super catchy, and just fun to listen to.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2011, 10:49:06 PM »
Indie band of the week: Portugal. The Man.

Their latest album In the Mountain in the Cloud has got to be one of, if not the best albums of 2011 so far. Every song is just wonderful, and makes you want to keep listening. My favorite song on the album is Got it All (This Can't Be Living Now), although every song is so good it's hard to put one above the other. My favorite album by them though has to be Censored Colors. It's just so good. Out and In and In and Out is wonderful song, as well as 1989, and Lay Me Back Down.

So basically what I was trying to say in this post is: LISTEN TO PORTUGAL. THE MAN.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 05:12:08 AM »
Bump.
Anyone here who listens to The War on Drugs? Their latest album, "Slave Ambient" is really good, I would recommend it to anyone who likes Indie Rock, has some nice Ambient parts on it as well.  :tup
Music-wise a lot of people have said that it's a mix of Bob Dylan, Shoegaze, Ambient, Americana, Indie-Rock and Tom Petty.
I don't know, but it's great never the less.  :D

Here's a sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9JB5YLCwgk